Mal'Ganis without mount option?

Will mal’ganis be able to select no mount much like Diablo, Zagara and some others? Would be really cool to just fly around with his wings, thats what they are there for, right?

9 Likes

“If I have wings, why am I always walking?” - Dreadlord, Warcraft III

They’re not a mount option. Given that flying with his wings is an ability, it’d probably be too visually confusing if he could use them as a regular mount.

20 Likes

i dont see it as a problem

4 Likes

auriel can fly only at lvl 20, but has wings the whole time! madness! tyrael judges you than “flies” (launches) at you lol… malganis is like the evil sand man that comes to put you to sleep flying fairy like.

he’ll still look cool with jaina dreadlord, spooky kerrigan and arthas with their wings out tho. maybe throw in demon form illidan for more evil bat wings.

2 Likes

This is exactly right! It’s not an impossible feat, by any means, but there are gameplay-interfering implications to having him fly around all the time. That ability, in particular, is a rather important one to look out for, so it would be terrible to have it confused with something else.

That said, anything is possible in the Nexus! You never know what cool solutions we might come up with for future skins, and we’ll definitely keep this suggestion in mind.

–Lana B

22 Likes

Well, Tyrael, Malthael, and Auriel don’t have any abilities that require them to fly yet they still have to mount. =(

Tyrael flys toward the enemy when he ults.

Kinda funny but, Mecha Tyrael skin has a unique fly mount. :thinking:

4 Likes

That’s not flying, he’s just moving to that location. Tyrael is ALWAYS flying, he doesn’t have a walking animation. None of the Angels do.

It seems backwards that they’re always flying, but they get on a horse to move faster?

2 Likes

Auriel can fly at lvl 20.

3 Likes

That’s not really flying, that’s an ability named fly that quickly moves her from one place to another.

By flying, I mean that that there’s a Hero Specific “mount” option to fly instead of riding a horse or whatever other vehicle.

you’re right, it’s falling with style.

11 Likes

Mal’ganis’ flying could be confusing because of his E.

But pls give the angels the ability to fly fast!

1 Like

It’s more like leaping than falling. Auriel’s fly is essentially just a leap.

Wooooosh

(20 characters)

2 Likes

I get the Toy Story reference, what I’m saying is even though it’s called fly, it’s not actually flying.

Yeah I have to disagree on the “Confusion” argument having been confused by Kealthuzad, Ragnaros and Mephisto recently (mounted not mounted). How could something as obvious as wings flapping faster and a clear elevation be harder to discern than the mounts for Rag, KTZ and Mephisto…

1 Like

I totally forgot it was a toy story reference and was like where is that from again… funny meme for these “flying” heroes from Ephraim tho

You could either have a completely different animation, or make him Glow when he uses his E.

Angels like getting on their high horses :slight_smile:

5 Likes