Make lurker strain actually viable

Another possible buff would be considering dehaka having left a bush when he is in stealth mode for a duration even if knocked out of it.
Would have synergies with other bush talents.

1 Like

Fine with the cdr on it ONLY if it competes with other burrow talents.

Maybe Lurker needs to take from DW and be able to fire off a cheap attack (the lurker spines) while burrowed?

I don’t like that he could grab other burrow functionalities while taking hard CDR on it too. It does compete with regen, but it still needs to compete, not supersede.

Just add bush bonus after unburrow instead of the current effect and that will make the talent amazing and solve a lot of issues with haka, also make the 10 essence per globe a baseline.

Well, there’s also the fact that the talent is really bad lol.

1 Like
For Banana HeroesProfile, Masters only, last 8 patches:
Hero Winrate Popularity Heroics and their popularities
Xul 62.57 64.85 PN 62.33 39.21 / SM 62.83 60.79
Rex 60.88 36.83 BW 57.50 11.81 / UtB 61.65 88.19
DW 58.29 128.12 BBMS 61.74 57.30 / BR 53.93 42.70
Sonya 57.81 26.88 L 56.09 25.34 / WotB 58.58 74.66
Rag 56.79 13.21 SS 51.11 19.04 / LW 58.21 80.96
Malth 55.37 16.31 TS 57.78 15.85 / LR 55.09 84.15
Leo 53.75 17.86 E 54.21 83.17 / MotBK 52.52 16.83
Chen 53.60 12.16 WK 54.01 23.02 / SEF 53.61 76.98
Var 53.36 12.45 SW 51.74 62.80 / Wb 56.58 37.20
Thra 52.98 18.90 S 51.88 40.46 / Eq 54.00 59.54
Art 52.34 9.04 SP 52.88 70.57 / PB 51.34 29.43
Deh 52.11 10.49 I 50.94 78.57 / A 56.72 21.43
Yrel 51.90 10.52 AD 52.17 81.95 / SG 50.97 18.05
Imp 51.00 11.40 AA 51.88 69.88 / WotA 49.22 30.14
Dva 48.75 2.03 BH 38.60 19.43 / BS 51.06 80.57

D.va gets a rework, Xul and DW got nerfed (DW on his overperforming Heroic), the stats contain the buffed Sulfuras Smash games since the latest patch (so the issue between the two is less here than it was before addressing).

So LW is among the best Heroics among the Bruisers, so I had my reasons why I thought it needs nerfs, I even mentioned them in my own thread, but you had to mention this topic here for… no good reason… good job…

And because I didn’t want to go overkill, because imo it only needs small, tiny adjustments, I didn’t say how to nerf it. I think that’s the better, and not creating busted ideas, be it buff or nerf.

But everyone suits themselves :slight_smile:

Rexxar 36% popularity and you believe it anything this site shows you?

Your problem is not the over 100% pop DW?.. Nope, I don’t believe everything that that site says, I can’t say enough times how much I distrust that site.
I think the exact numbers are off. But the relations are prob close to reality tho.

Well he is the destroyer. Not suprised he destroyed the pickrates

True. I think it needs some unrevealable time, at a minimum.

What about
Lurker stain: Removed
New functionality: while above 60% health essense heal 50% more

Passive: 10% max health increase

I find that kinda broken along level 1 regen talent.

No I think Dehaka should be able to just stay burrowed for the rest of the game if he sees fit

Considering dehaka’s main method of attack is either burrowing up to you and flanking you or walking up to your team, it’s far more generous to put it on an conditionally mobile hero that needs his healing verses putting it on literally any other character.

For example, murky has a 11CD invulnerability and yet can deal silly amounts of damage left unchecked but he has no mobility and he has to walk up to you to deal damage and he has one of the lowest HP bars in the game. Tassadar had a mobile iceblock that was on a 30CD but also gave stealth and let him move on a hero with silly amounts of range.

Putting iceblock on a hero designed to sustain himself for bursty win engagements does not seem unfair when you check the context, not to mention the math behind essence.

5 essence is 6.5% of his max HP, generally, collecting 2 minion waves worth of essence is an extra 16% of his HP, hero stalker automatically gives 13% extra HP on takedown, but this method of healing removes dehaka’s burrow as an escape option letting him become easier to burst down, also using it to only heal yourself means that you’re draining your mana constantly and you’re rooting yourself similar to zuljin who’s a ranged assassin not designed to even take damage and yet has a self heal that puts him at a an extra third of his HP bar every 12 seconds.

I’ll grant dehaka is my fav, I’ll grant I would like buffs to him, but this, would probably be the only way anyone would ever consider taking this talent over his other heal talents. As it stands now, it’s hot garbage.

Just some extra emphasis on that

Sure, there’s going to be games where heroes are great in the hands of masters, but overall, dehaka even in masters sits at 52% even when played well, and yea I’d like that dva rework too because I enjoy playing her, but this is just a suggestion for a talent that has almost never been picked by anyone but new players that don’t even know what do on dehaka.

I like the ideas, this could possibly also work.

It’s not, this is a replacement, not added functionality.

Now that’d be funny. Also probably useful because lurkers also did aoe damage. Would be a neat cluster punish.

Not particularly. A shield unless it was basically a joh shield would not be worth considering, and again, slow immobile hero with iceblock, the best iceblock, is not OP.

Better than what we have now. But would you really want to use a 20 second cooldown to deal damage though? Unless it was silly damage?

Generally how you play dehaka anyhow, don’t see a problem with that tbh.

Probably not indefinitely but an increased duration would be on the table.

1 Like

Like macweak said, prob needs some number tweaks but the idea is that this forced you to stay high health. and not use your essense when on lower health, so it has a rewarding but also dangerous if your low

That part was for @Anabanana for their silly and unnecessary comment about mentioning that once I made a thread where I said imo, LW is too strong.

I’m not against buffs for that talent. But your suggestion felt really busted. Overkill.
And that selfroot is true to any iceblock, yet it’s not really a downside to them.
And he can combine it with the movement while burrowed.

This is not the way.

considering dehaka can can hit for around 350 around level 20, being able to hit for a total of about 700-950 while being burrow would deffintely be worth it in my oppinion :+1: .

Lurker Strain

• Radius of effect increased from 3 to 3.5
  • Knockback distance increased from 2.5 to 3
  • Now receives additional functionality…
    • Gain 25 Essence when emerging from Burrow
2 Likes

I’d prefer gaining essence when knocking back opponents, but otherwise a nice idea.

1 Like

as a dehaka main, no, that would be completely broken. a 12s built in stasis with a heal is just too much and shouldn’t exist on a hero like dehaka. i like Vitriuz’s idea, gain essence when exiting but slightly nerf the knockback.

Another option is to combine the current talent with tunnelling claws and maybe a longer duration underground, as well as being able to burrow under walls.

The current iteration would’ve been viable if stealth was still og stealth and not easily spotted. Combined with an increased duration of remaining stealthed you could burrow, unborrow, become stealthed as a light shimmer and then go hunting or stalking