Make daily quests completion possible in Brawl

As a new player I absolutely love getting to figure out all the heroes in Brawl and someone who comes from playing LoL and thoroughly enjoys only playing ARAM I’d love to see first win of the day / all my daily quests be completable in brawl.

I feel a bit pressured to go for these quests and I don’t enjoy the normal game mode so being able to complete them while playing my favourite game mode would be a big boost in enjoyment to me and im sure others!

6 Likes

The point of quests is to make players try different heroes/roles.

Since brawl already forces you to do that, they are unlikely to ever have us fill quests with Brawls.

1 Like

Draft essentialy also does as you are sometimes required to fill. And thats a mode where you actualy arent even always forced to try a new hero. Yet there they count.

It makes 10x more sense to make brawls count similar to draft modes. You not only try a new hero, its randomized which.

2 Likes

I like this idea :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If draft didn’t count for quests, people would pick heroes specifically to fill their quests and the drafts would make no sense (Which was what happened at the beginning)

Draft is nowhere as limiting as brawl.

It should count for quests.

I mean, Brawls don’t count even if you played based on the quest requirements.

1 Like

brawl is not the real game. you don’t get to complete quests there. period. be happy you get a weekly loot box.

Brawl was designed around not being just single lane shuffle pick maps. If they ever did bring back one of the old Brawls then this could be abused to do daily quests faster.

The most played mode is vsAI.
“Main mode / real game” or not, ppl should be able to play whatever mode they want.
More players is the better.

Oh the terror :smiley:

1 Like

Players who play Brawl have already decided to play various heroes.

The incentive is for people in QM and A.I. who can chose anything they want. You want to nudge them to try new things.

Giving an incentive to someone who is already doing what you want defeats the purpose. Brawl players do not need to be encouraged to try new heroes.

To be blunt, the point of quests is not to give players gold.

They can.

In the sense of quest complition, no they can’t.

Why ppl are envious of others wanting to play the mode they like the most with some kind of questcomplition?
If you really want them to be “restricted”, at least enable them to get progression based on the Heroes they chose.

1 Like

They won’t bring back old brawls, so this is probably fine.

1 Like

The best way is to make things that let them try new things count for those quests. Yet they do the opposite by making 2 essential things not count:

• Random hero select does not count, the random hero from the free rotation that is at level 1 does not count
  • ARAM does not count, yet its a way to try the hero.

Even if ARAM is a ‘horrible’ example to try a new hero, vs AI is still worse. ARAM is basicly a constant teamfight, and therefor lets you learn at least 1 aspect of the hero.

Also, brawl and ARAM are 2 diffirent modes. And ever since brawl is basicly just ARAM, they havent bothered making ARAM count. As in draft it truly didnt make any sense. But ARAM is a serious enough mode just like QM. Except some extra rules are enforced:

• All random
  • All middle

It is a true Moba game mode. Just as much as you have DM, TDM, CTF, CP, Dom, PL, Koth, BR etc as gamemodes in shooters. All those modes can still follow the very basic sets of rules, and they can even involve the randomness aspect (Battle royale is mainly based on that randomness).

ARAM is a full gamemode, just as important as QM and draft.

The current state of the quests is to give players gold in order to unlock heroes, as thats the only part where it truly matches the pattern. In QM and draft you need to unlock them, therefor quests are relevant. In ARAM you do not, therefor quests do not matter.
It might not be designed that way, but thats still how it ends up being.

Just like a bug/exploit might become a feature: rocket jumping.

nice strawman. nobody is envious of anything. we’re simply stating the fact that daily quests are for people who do the actual game of HotS, not the busted mini game version for people who are bored or too tired to play a real game. Rewarding people with quest completion for doing brawls will start to give them the idea that brawls and AI/QM/SL are on the same level, which they are not.

lol. “full gamemodes” do not automatically lock out heroes and abilities because they would be so useless / broken if they were allowed. it’s a sandbox mode for trying new builds and practicing micro. that’s it.

I hate it when I play ARAM and in the middle of the match the game ends because it is not the full game :slight_smile:

1 Like

You would be amazed then. Pubg locks out weapons based on the gamemode! Ranked does not have all the tools that unranked has.

And i do not consider that a small game, let alone consider the gamemode a sandbox mode. In this case you could very likely consider the sandbox mode having more weapons available (and yes! there is a seperate practice mode! so unranked isnt even a sandbox mode on that part).

There are also plenty of games that adjust the stats of weapons based on the gamemode. Just because in some modes a certain weapon can end up being too strong. And sometimes thats even decided by the number of players in the game rather than the gamemode.

If for balance restricting an ability/weapon/route/whatever is a way to create balance that doesnt disrupt the game at any other point, its already valid to do so. That you disagree with it doesnt matter.

Rules also often change as a game moves on. And even minor parts within a game can become bigger than the game it originated from.

If we go down the line that Brawl isn’t a full game mode then QM and vs AI shouldn’t count either. We are talking about game that is designed and balanced around drafting. Drafting which is done around allied comp, enemy comp and map you play on. At best QM fulfills allied comp so 1/3 of that. As such it should be consider 1/3 of a full game mode and not be possible to complete quests on.

1 Like

Or language barrier
Of projection :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Like vsAI?.. :roll_eyes:
Yea, sure, the “real game”, farming bots…

If vsAI and QM are legitimate, than Brawl as well.
Ppl who play any mode play HotS. Ppl who play HotS should be able to progress in their dailies in some kind of pacing.
Denying this, arguing against it is just some pathetic form of elitism (“real game”, kek).

1 Like

There is no “Sense of quest completion” Any player can play any mode they wish.

The quests have requirements, if you don’t meet it, you don’t get the quest.

HotS is just about the last game people can complain about not getting enough free stuff. It’s like complaining that you don’t get a lootbox from playing 3 games of QM.

If you chose to play a mode where you don’t get quests, then you don’t get quests.

No, because they’re already doing it. You dont need to give someone an incentive to eat and sleep.

They want people to play more roles in QM, so they give them an incentive there. There’s a reason quests work the way they do. They didn’t just forget to put them in brawl.

I’m not arguing that they are, or are not. But fulfilling quests is irrelevant of whether it is a full game mode or not .

Which ppl can fulfill in Brawls, but for some dumb reason it doesn’t count.
No quest has the requirement of “but don’t play Brawl”… seriously, everymode except Brawl works for quest. It’s dumb that Brawl isn’t.