[Main thread] Apple M1 Macs - Unable to see ground effect indicators

Same problem on MacBook Air M1 Base

Good god, I thought I was the only one with that issue. Mac Mini M1 with MacOSX 11.0 having exactly the same issues.
PLEASE FIX! :slight_smile:

Bump! This has been going on for like a month now. Experiencing the same issue on my M1 Mac.

Another bump. They need to acknowledge this. Soon enough everyone will be on m1 chip.

Unless they want people with Mac to abandon the game completely. “Sunsetting” the game and what not.

1 Like

Bumping again. Two patches later, this still isn’t fixed.

Same problem here, Macbook Pro 13" with the M1 processor :frowning:

1 Like

I have the same issue! Mac mini M1. Waiting for a fix! :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Range indicators are completely missing on the new M1 Macbooks. That includes your own spell range indicators (when quickcast is off), boss stomp ranges and enemy attacks like Kael’s FlameStrike, Nova’s Precision Strike, Raynor’s Hyperion. All these are missing the circle indicating their ranges. This problem affects every user with a M1 processor. For example, check this video on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d6qXYjMU8M&t=11m57s - notice how neither Jaina’s Blizzard nor Nova’s ult have range indicators.

Since this is a game breaking bug that affects every user with the new generation of Macbooks, can we get a feedback on whether this is being looked, and if/when we can expect a fix?

Thank you!

8 Likes

I am glad that someone else made a post on this issue. I recently started playing again due to getting one of the newer macbooks, and was searching everywhere for some kind of options that I thought I was missing.

A blue response to this would be nice!

2 Likes

Also having this problem on all abilities, makes gameplay more difficult

2 Likes

It is a game breaking bug if you want to play ranked, yet seems like it would be an easy one to fix considering everything else works just fine through Rosetta. Really hope the team lets us know if they’re researching the issue.

2 Likes

Bumping this post; we deserve a specific response from Blizz on this issue

2 Likes

Seems like devs don’t come on this board so often, but they read Reddit, so let’s reach them by upvoting this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/l75ko3/hots_is_broken_on_new_apple_hardware_help_me_get/?

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me! New MacBook Pro M1, and have been missing them, such as Deckard’s stun. I can see the line be traced out, but nothing else about the spell appears.

2 Likes

I play this game a lot still on my M1 MacBook Pro. It runs great except for the missing markers. Ive become pretty incredible at playing without having them, but seriously Blizzard. At least acknowledge the problem exists. there’s like 10 threads about M1 chips and not a single official response.

4 Likes

Also having this issue and hoping for some feedback asap! Can I get a blue post?

2 Likes

Bumping this post with a 20-character+ comment

1 Like

Yes!

I stopped playing the game due to this.

2 Likes

When you try and use an ability on the new Macbook M1 2020, the cursor shows as a green crosshair, and when you try and use an ability the ability outline doesn’t show up. For example Vallas Multi Shot, usually comes up with a green outline where the ability will go, and currently theres just a small green crosshair so you can’t fire accurately. Happens with every character too.

1 Like

Hi guys,

I’m on the apple M1 new macbook pro and running the latest OSX. I just tried to play hots today and I can’t see any of the enemy cast indications.

Is it a feature that is lost due to unsupported new chip? or is it an option I need to turn on from inside the game? Please help. Thanks!

1 Like