Mac OS Catalina will require 64 Bit

It seems, that the game client is still 32 Bit. Are there any plans?

Are you sure? Blizzard dropped 32bit support from most of its games for Windows over a year ago. It makes little sense for them to do that and then continue using 32bit for Mac OS. Especially seeing how unlike Windows OS, Mac OS has supported 64bit applications as standard for a very long time.

you receive warnings by the OS, if start Heroes - once a while. The warning says, that 32 Bit will be dropped by the next OSX release.

1 Like

Howdy!

This is a known issue, still got time! :smiley: Thanks for the report!

1 Like

Are we going to be able to test the 64bit client before the release of Catalina? Apple has an event on September 10.

I would not be too concerned about the move to 64bit. HotS code base is clearly 64bit compatible/aware as Windows users have been using 64bit perfectly for over 2 years now. Do not expect errors like what is happening with Warcraft III as it moves to 64bit. If HotS gets in game it will likely work and remain in sync fine.

The only errors and bugs one is likely to encounter are with the actual deployment or starting. Unless Mac also drops a lot of APIs in which case there might be bugs with using their replacements.

Catalina is out! Are folks testing?

Game worked fine for me yesterday. Constant crashing today. Like, in game <1 second, and BOOM! Desktop.

Worked for me until the sky temple map came up. Computer crashed and kept rebooting if I tried to rejoin.

I can’t even launch the game. It gives me a Sigabrt error everytime.

I’ve also had crashes on Sky Temple, including Kernel Panics.

Thanks. I’ll hold off on upgrading until they patch it. Def talked to others in game who said it’s been crashing on them.

A post was split to a new topic: Caementarius - Catalina 64bit questions

Locking this since it’s an older thread. For assistance with a new issue please create a new thread.