[Mac M1] Skill Range / AOE Indicator not showing properly

Skill Range/ AoE Indicators not showing properly. Bug on terrain, you can see it on the water floating but not on land.

Played on Mac Mini M1 Chip

Video: https ://streamable .com/mdz2qe

12 Likes

They are one unit below the floor.

5 Likes

And its not just the spell indicators. It’s all 2D textures like sprays.

5 Likes

I have this too. Anyone had any succes fixing it??

5 Likes

+1, same problem here. On a Mac mini m1 8 256, no AOE on the ground.

5 Likes

They will never fix the mac bugs.

5 Likes

I have the same problem, been looking for a solution.

5 Likes

I’m also experiencing this. On Macbook air M1

5 Likes

Same problem here, I tried a variety of different graphics settings and could not get the aiming arrows to display at all.

4 Likes

I have the same problem. Blizzard can you fix this please? It should be a simple one.

5 Likes

Yeah just elevate all 2D things one unit in general. Windows users will not notice and we will no longer be bugged.

2 Likes

Its crazy to think its been almost a year and Blizzard hasn’t fixed this, this is a BIG BUG!

3 Likes

Blizz this needs to be fixed asap! Pretty wild

1 Like

Can we please get an update on this, playing without indicators is such a major disadvantage, it makes playing on an m1 such a disadvantage.

1 Like

Same problem on my MacBook M1 Pro

1 Like

same problem on my macbook m1, i played in extreme graphics

2 Likes

I have this issue too! range indicators and spell indicators are missing from all enemy + allied heroes, and the player hero too. there must be something Blizzard can do to fix this problem.

This is a major major bug!

2 Likes

I just received my brand new 16” M1 MacBook Pro a few days ago and HOTS was the very first thing I installed on it. I’m sad to say that I too am experiencing this problem on my machine which is very disappointing. With this being a game breaking bug, if it isn’t fixed, I won’t be playing this game anymore. I’m not going to keep my old Intel MacBook Pro just to play HOTS.

It’s actually pretty sad to see how long this issue has been going on for and with all new macs coming installed with the M1 chips, this is going to be the status quo for Mac users. If this issue isn’t a priority then you shouldn’t list HOTS as a Mac compatible game.

4 Likes

I’m on an M1 pro 16 and also seeing this skill range / aoe bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Use an M1 Mac
  2. Play a game
  3. Notice that no skill/aoe indicator is visible when you play
  4. Play poorly because you have to estimate your throws

How can it be that the bug is still not fixed. Then you do not need to offer the game at all.

1 Like