Loss forgiveness when there's a leaver, but what about

>implying your enemies never have to deal with this issue, only you

because if you reailze that they do too, suddenly the playing field is equal, and then yes, you rise or fall to your skill level, you just need enough games to actually MOVE. If you fret over every win or loss you’ll never make it, you just gotta do the best you can in one game, shotcall etc., and then do it again the next game. If you lost, making a forum post isn’t going to make you GM #1 even if Darak gives you false hope

2 Likes

make a better call than your teammates. Outplay the other team. It’s that simple.
what you’re doing is just blaming 4 other people for where you are supposed to be

Cool.

Tell us how that would be measured.

Go.

1 Like

How about loss forgiveness when a known troll like notatroll is on your team and all he does is go afk or run accross the map and die.

I’ve soloed a lane as Morales.
Against Sonya.
And was somehow winning.
To the point where the first globe Azmo threw into my lane killed Sonya.
She was really bad. But if your allies are so bad that they can’t get things together, the enemies might be that bad too.

1 Like

You know, I was thinking recently that each player could have an MMR adjustment either +/- based on the hero they ended up with.

With QM it could make MM more accurate when building the teams.

With draft, one everyone had their heroes, it could recalculate team MMR and then the end game favored bonus could change.

I haven’t thought about all the implications, but I wonder if it would help some.

1 Like

No. You will not. …

WereElf, you describe the reason why it doesn’t really make sense to have ranked mode in a teamgame that is for solo queuing. Of course it’s nice to have a solo queue mode but we should know why it exists --> not because it fits the design of a competitive game mode for HOTS.
A ranked mode would only make sense if players have to form real teams so they can only play ranked mode with the same team-members. Not each player should get a rating, the team should get a rating. Basically like the way the real competitive scene played the game. (If you really want to play HOTS more competitive then you should check out Heroeslounge).
Obviously since everyone can buy this game at home, it needs game modes that cater towards more casual players that can’t get themselves into a ream team. TL/HL are like compromise-solutions, like a ranked system for casual players and if you really think about it, it’s not that super competitive (because it’s almost impossible to measure the skill of a player with that many variables).
The system would work if it matches one full premade team against another full premade team because it’s basically a 1v1 matchmking. (not 1 player vs 1 player but 1 team vs 1 team and those teams have to be constant). If matchmaking has to work with 10 individuals that will play in a different team every match, it will obviously wonky.
So in a way we have the best options to work with and instead of complaining, work on yourself --> join a real competitive team (you don’t need to be a top player because there are also amateur leagues).

The only thing that i would wish is that Blizzard offers more tools (embedded into the game, not 3rd party programs/websites) to help players organizing themselves. Something like a clan system and group-managers.

yes, I will.

here’s my proof
heck, I can even give you a pic