Losing 4000 rank points to personal rank adjustment

When does the madness end? I lose 10 or 11 points every single game win or lose. With 400 games this season i’ve lost almost an entire league’s worth of points (4000 and climbing) just due to Personal Rank Adjustment. PLEASE FIX IT!!!

1 Like

Same thing happened to me some time ago, maybe i got reported too much (because i like to play off-meta heroes) and the system nerfed my points for some time, then it stopped. But i really don’t know what happened at all.

It is because your MMR and rank do not match. Such large negative adjustment points towards your rank being considerably higher than your MMR. Since match making is done by MMR and not rank, this likely means that the players you are fighting are too easy for the rank you currently are at.

Keep winning and MMR should eventually increase. Note that it will become harder to win as MMR increases so it might not necessarily mean your rank will increase.

Ultimately MMR is the true show of skill. Rank is just some extra fluff surrounding MMR. Adjustments exist to prevent one’s rank deviating too far from MMR.

Where do I see this mmr?

You cannot see it directly. You can however get an estimation by looking at who you are playing with an against since they will be around your MMR. If you are playing with Bronze players you are Bronze MMR, while if you are playing with Diamond and Master players you are Diamond/Master MMR.

This is complete bull$hit. if the MMR is the all mighty indicator, then just show that.
And no, you can`t have a personal rank adjustment system if the PERSONAL PERFORMANCE IS NOT TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION IN ANY WAY~!!!

exactly this. If they take some numbers which are taken for your placement and rank, whats the point in hiding them? it makes no sense