Left before MVP screen? You must suffer!

Yea since its inception I have despised the MVP screens … especially you gotta click through them and crap just to get to your next match. Not to mention they are slow/laggy? I don’t know but whatever it is… its a system that doesn’t need them given how low performing it is… (compare to Overwatch that doesn’t have this) . The match really should be official over once core is destroyed.

4 Likes

Overwatch has zero penalties the moment you see Victory/Defeat on the screen, should be no different here.

9 Likes

MVP screen takes literally 5 seconds. How much in a hurry can you be?

3 Likes

Hope that you’ve learned your lesson today.

You’ve spent (I would assume) 15-20 mins for a match, why not a few more second to see it through? Also, next time when you know for sure that you are due to urgent business soon, don’t fool around playing games. Focus on your job.

1 Like

While I agree a few seconds should not be an issue…

At the same time, it certainly should not result in a leaver penalty.

that should stop counting the moment a core dies.

2 Likes

Why does it matter to you?! He didn’t leave the game but was penalized for NOTHING. Why do you try to justify any ß$¤× that Blizzard does to the player base? Just stop it!

7 Likes

OW also is getting everything HOTS players have been asking for years before OW was even a thing but hey :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yea hands down left the MVP screen a few times in my day and didn’t realize you get punished for leaving a match that’s already over. 10/10 logic there that no one should ever defend.

I don’t justify. It’s just my habit that I make the best out of a situation at hand. I don’t constantly complain about everything, that makes one miserable.

You know what I also don’t do? Playing anything that I cannot get out of quickly when I am on a tight schedule.

Thinking before submitting your npc replies? :smiley:

1 Like

A game can take 20 minutes, 30 minutes or even 40 minutes. You cant plan on that. So in theory 5 seconds shouldnt matter. Your argument here doesnt make any sense.

A tight schedule would mean that a match has a maximum time it can last, and in starcraft that might be the case (in tournaments there usualy is a 25min max timer), but in hots that definitely isnt.

tbh its not even about spending the extra like 10-15 seconds on the MVP screen. its about it being broke imo. if someone exits the game or disconnects right after their Victory (or Loss) then they get penalized.

now instead of getting points on a win or losing only a few on a loss, they will be harshly punished for no reason. they will be treated as a leaver and lose 600 ranked points. why? because it is still considered ‘in game’ if you are on the MVP screen. it is a major fault of the system.

You are cherry picking a situation forced by you rushing actions…

Imagine that in your work you have a phone call with a colleague or a costumer… when it’s finished, you don’t suddenly go “ok, bye” and smash the phone to close the call … you wait for the other side to also say some sort of ‘good-bye’ words or something… then after 1-2 seconds calmly close the call… it’s called ‘manners’, right?

Yeah… not the same situation… but I’m sure by now you got the point…

Game is not finished until you see the score screen. 3 seconds won’t hurt you.

1 Like

I want to this is an oversight but I think tied to the idea that the game needs to close the replay file before you can leave. Closing it to early gets you punished. As soon as a core dies you should be able to leave the game with no punishment.

Have you watched any sport match (like tennis, badminton, bilard, etc…). Yeah, when the match ended, they don’t stomp out of the arena immediately. That’s no different than throwing a mega middle finger to everyone presents there. They always take a little more time to say gg to the opponent.

It’s real life manner. Kids these days have been spoiled so much that they are really out of sync with reality. Believing that everything they do is correct and the world must change to meet their selfish demands.

1 Like

Sometimes I quit before core is destroyed and don’t even get a leaver penalty.

System is weird, and sucks.

While I agree with you that 3 seconds won’t hurt anybody. The argument can be about if it adds anything to the game? Apart from frustrating some people, what are the gains of forcing it on players?

2 Likes

I agree that once the Defeat or Victory banner is shown once the core is destroyed you should be awarded a loss or win immediately. This stat should be saved before anything else happens. Why not save this stat when being forced to watch the camera pan to the core exploding? Because face it: everything that happens after the core explodes is superfluous.

I won a match, the game decided to hang loading the MVP screen. My computer and internet were working fine. I waited a long time before choosing to just close the game. Came back to the penalty and was awarded a loss instead.

This was Blizz’s fault. MVP screen is useless, and you MUST wait till you are back to the hero exp screen to save your win or loss. Problems can happen between the core exploding and the hero exp screen. The game loads something 2 times! 1 between core explosion and MVP screen, and again between MVP and hero exp screen. Then the game decides to save your win or loss.

Or that some people don’t care about boosting the egos of others much less the opponent team and want to just leave. Its a game not a sports match. Not everyone wants to have a gg jirclecerking with the team that won/lost. People always assume because someone doesn’t care about a strangers gg ego they are “spoiled”.

There is no incentive for that MvP screen and many of us don’t vote anyways. There should be no penalty for leaving because that is NOT what justifies a leaver to warrant a leaver status. They didnt throw the game nor non participate, they just decided to leave the game after the Victory/Defeat shows up like in OW.

People get bent out of shape just because someone doesnt want to sit through the MvP screen when they can just leave to start another match. Some of us dont care who the MvP is and trying to shame others for it aint going to change anything. Live and let live

1 Like

seems likely to be an oversight than anything blizzard actually intended…