Leaver Status while waiting on Draft

Hey Blizz, this has happened 3 times this season.

I draft my character, sit back and wait for the draft to finish, and your game kicks me out and gives me leaver status.

Fix your crap.

2 Likes

Was the said hero banned in between? If you kept the hero picked whereas he-she is banned and you are the last to select, that counts as leaving for you selected no one during given time. Same outcome if the hero you pre-picked was first picked by the ennemy team.
Otherwise, if this really is a bug, this forum is the wrong place to talk about it. You should rather contact technical support…

3 Likes

that happened to me 3 times in a row. locked 2nd and just waiting it kickec out us now I have to play 4 qm matches leaver status and I rank points . such bs

2 Likes

It doesn’t start at 4, 4 is the maximum penalty after leaving 5 times in a short period.

You even get to leave once for free with no leaver penalty.

Makes you wonder if people are really locking heroes instead of picking them. A lot of people say “locked” when they mean “picked”.

Pre-picking a hero does not guarantee in any way you will get to play that hero. If you prepick and alt-tab out or go afk, there is no guarantee you get that hero. If that hero is banned or picked by someone else, you will get kicked out if you don’t change the pick.

3 Likes

I think most of them just enter draft mode and then just pre-select or dont even pick a hero and go afk and comes back 1min later just to see they were kicked and have leaver status cause his hero got banned or picked by enemy team or he did not pick any on his turn.

Just means leaver que work as intended for those people. Players that alt tap draft and only comes back when its his turn to pick should not play ranked at all if he cant be bothered to follow what happens in draft.

3 Likes

I think most of them just enter draft mode and then just pre-select or dont even pick a hero and go afk and comes back 1min later just to see they were kicked and have leaver status cause his hero got banned or picked by enemy team or he did not pick any on his turn.

Yeah, that is most likely happening.

And it makes real discussion over whether bugs or glitches are happening, very hard.

Some players don’t know the difference that is between a prepick/pick and a lock.
A hero is never guaranteed until it is fully locked and you hear the heros voice line.

I would bet money, 99-100% of the people getting kicked out after a “lock” were only prepicking (the 1% were client or network crashes). There is no other way to get a leaver penalty in draft.

Not locking is pretty risky because there are people like me that will pick your pre-selected hero in the last second. This will cancel the draft and the guy who could not pick a hero (because he pre-selected one that’s already taken) will get punished by losing ranked points and getting leaver status.

I did it a few times because some guys were looking suspiciously bad and i thought their pre-selected hero would not be good in the upcoming match. It’s nothing personal, i just something i have to do to avoid bad teammates.

same thing happened to me in a ranked game on my brothers I was queing with birthday so it ruined our ranked games and he ended up playing rocket league solo. Just plain sad

Why didn’t you play rocket league with him?

No idea what that even means.

3 Likes

That whole post is a riddle for the ages.

2 Likes

Riddle for ages 5 and up.

1 Like

I mean more the lengthy necro than the content of the post.

1 Like

A new recrut has arrived.

1 Like