Learning in Aram Brawls

People are apparently of the opinion that you can’t learn while you’re playing ARAM. Why is it that they think their ability to practice and become better at the game turns off during brawl? IMO Brawl is the best place to practice team fighting and familiarize yourself with strategies and abilities to be cautious of when playing against a hero. Sure, you can’t practice your mains, but that doesn’t stop you from learning concepts that apply to every hero, and learning about heroes you haven’t played/have little experience with.

Why are people so against trying to get better? When you try to help people in quick match their response is always “Why bother, its only quick match” or something like that. In Brawl (Since apparently blizzard has given up putting effort into brawl and its always ARAM now) people always say “Its only aram.” The communities sensitivity to valid criticism and their refusal to acknowledge valid tips is probably one of the major reasons this game is hemorrhaging players

Idk when I started, the brawl is how I learned what heroes did what and which ones I wanted to eventually buy. It was also preferable to qm, cause nobody would get too mad if you sucked. I don’t think I’ve never seen someone get upset that you didn’t know a hero if you say, “Yo, I don’t know these heroes.”

1 Like

In ARAM you will not learn to rotate, to keep a lane, to 1v1, to properly move or ambush or even positioning (becaue the space is so tight). You don’t learn how to manage your resources, when is time to get ready for objective or when is time to split push or get mercs and so on.

It’s not where you learn how to play the real game.

In ARAM you can get a first look at an Hero’s kit that you don’t know and try it out in a better way than the actual Trial Mode. That’s is all you can get in terms of learning from such mode.

4 Likes

ARAM is good for learning the basics of how a hero is supposed to play. It’s one of the best ways to pick up new heroes.

However, if you want anything more than that you’ll have to switch over to the main modes.

1 Like

Most players playing in ARAM think that Hammer is an OP, so you can not expect too much from them.

1 Like

Most players playing in ARAM think that Hammer is OP and/or extremely annoying in ARAM. She’s only “very annoying” anywhere else.

2 Likes

I think arams can reinforce loser mentality like
-bad comp gg i afk

• bad direct tfs gg i afk

ARAM is actually a very challenging mode because you are given a selection of 3 random heroes and have to use a messed up comp to fight another messed up comp. It also does not feature standard gameplay mechanics and so reinforces behaviour that is actually bad for normal play such as everyone crowding the same lane.

ARAM is great for learning micro but does nothing to teach you macro, which is arguably the thing that determines match outcome most of the time.

7 Likes

This was exactly what I was going to say!

As such ARAM can be fine if you just seek to improve your skill and overall hero knowledge. Especially due to how the constant combat giving more oppurtunities to develop skill, compared to regular games with a lot more laning, running and longer death timers.

1 Like

Its pride and a sense of superiority.

People that play ranked say the same sht about qm. They feel superior because of the mode they play. Even though it takes 30 sec to find a qm or aram game when it takes 300 seconds to find a ranked game, ranked is somehow the main mode.

Qm and aram are Not the main mode, clown fiestsa, dont learn drafting, dont learn variety of heroes, cant fill, cant this and that.

If anything, ranked doesnt prepare you for aram. Ay least people play aram.

In ARAM mode you can train but only some of the skills, eg I have greatly improved my stutter step.