Learn something from LOL

Although I love the HOST, because of the matchmaking problems that are already known in this forum I have been playing LOL. It’s unfortunate that a game like LOL passes them by. It’s like being bullied by a kindergartener.
But they can learn something:
The way heroes gain experience is individual and balanced, the healer for healing, the dps for damage, etc.
That would fix the troll vs good player problem, and a lot of the matchmaking issues.
I’m not saying that in the same team there is a level 10 hero and another level 20, but 3 or 4 levels.
That would help on the one hand that the trolls do not sink the games, and on the other that the good players can raise them.
P.S.
“You have a responsibility, don’t let the Chinese pass you by :)”

Eh, lol was released in 2009 and has like 500x the player base. I would say HotS is the young sibling of the moba world.

Also, are you really saying HotS should change to individual exp and carrying?

Not only would that make this not a team brawler (which is how this game was designed), but considering we are in Classic mode getting barely any updates, there is literally 0% chance of that ever happening… Lucky if we even get a single new hero.

I would like more solo carry mechanics (high risk high reward, like Alarak’s) but once again, this game is sort of abandoned by now. It’s doubtful we will see any big changes at this point.

(One of the reasons I play HotS is specifically because it has no last hitting or itemization like LoL. I have played LoL, and I did not particularly enjoy it. The HotS concept is unique, plus we have tons of maps whereas in LoL you play Summoners Rift over and over)

12 Likes

Ive played the three mobas people generally talk about but since ive never been a top performer i just feel like i prefer the way hots handles everything and apart from the two lane ones the maps and themes are fun. I play it the most the past 3 years.

Sadly hots never really got quite enough love and came a little bit too late where the standard was set and hots was slightly outside the standard. That rarely sits well with people.

If they add last hitting to this game then I would rather uninstall. Not gonna play a game that revolve around farming gold from last hitting and spend 1/3 of your time afk in item shop just to figure out what to buy next.

12 Likes

I can picture it now…

Abathur collects the exp from all 3 lanes and his mines start 2 shotting people.

Morales never gains any levels is quickly becomes worthless.

All the life steal heroes become like release AAtrox and are impossible to balance. Whitemane makes her entire team AAtrox.

3 Likes

no, can’t wait for my hopped up adc valla to lose us the match because they can’t last hit anything

Hots is fine . Lol is a good game however i dont like to see the majority of champs with dashes and skillshots .

1 Like

I don’t think the OP wanted last hitting introduced:

His recommendation was that stat padding was the metric for skill.

2 Likes

Get to Masters in LoL and in HOTS, then come back and tell me that “he way heroes gain experience (in LOL) is individual and balanced”. Calling anything in LoL balanced is a bit of a joke but itself, the game is a snowbally mess.

You can have a close fight bot lane and end up with 2 kills in each team, but one team gets a bit luckier and the ADC last gets both last hits while the other team get unlucky and the support gets both kills. End result is that one ADC come back with a BF sword and the other one cant afford a pick axe, play against a masters level ADC with BF sword while all you have is a vampiric sceptre and tell me that LoL is balanced.

Once you learn how MOBA works you will realise that shared experience is the best carry mechanic possible, it is literally a global on every hero that allows you to carry everyone on the map. In HOTS I can get 80% winrate in silver/gold if I wanted to due to how experience works, no way I could ever do that in LoL despite being top 0.5% at some point.

4 Likes

Having a troll on your team has nothing to do with matchmaking.

If someone on your team is trolling and suiciding, you’re going to lose in either game.

1 Like

It’s not balanced in LoL, and would be super imbalanced in HotS, where certain Heroes are designed entirely around the concept of team xp.

Trolls exist and throw in every game. No xp gain can fix that.

I know LoL deleted their forums, and even if it would exist ppl who make such topics rarely gather information on such platforms first, but as someone who researched their forum when it existed:
every moba has the same exact complains

LoL has the HotS “MM issues” despite always having individual xp.

6 Likes

You can solo carry more in LoL but that doesn’t mean the game experience would be more enjoyable for everyone.

And no, isn’t because the exp system only; wave control, the size of the map and travel speed make your choices matter much more, macro and knowledge can win games and that isn’t a bad thing.

Imo the carry potential and at the same time problem of LoL comes from the feed system that creates unpleasant gameplay situations in majority of cases.

Funny, because actually that is how a LoL onesided game looks and probably i’m not the only playing this over LoL for that reason.

I would prefer a system where you weaken your opponent by killing him instead of making yourself stronger, that way bad players on your team will not affect so bad your own performance. But that doesn’t exist at the moment so here we are.

Don’t remember where i read or hear this, but it resumes LoL philosophy:

“This is like basketball, but everytime someone score they get taller”

This.

Not saying Hots is better or perfect, but i enjoy the core idea more than LoL and wanna see improvements that doesn’t involve the solo carry power mindset.

I think Blizzard could’ve experimented individual Exp in ARAM at least, just to test what it’s like. Obviously it’d need to be a 3 laned map, but a small event. Make a small 3 lane SC map, and call it a test experiment

With how many trolls and feeders this game has now then you will see much more snowballing if individual exp gets added. Then you will see bad teams who barely can fight or defend becasue they are 10 lvls below the other team.

Dont make the game more snowbally then it is.

1 Like

How is the power creep in LOL when someone is lvls ahead?

Here, even 2 levels ahead is crazy amount of power to delete the other team, 3 levels ahead, it’s pretty much win if you’re constant. And this is what is players don’t get, HOTS power creep is impactful and significant.

Good point. It’s also worth noting that the support / healer type class is traditionally the least popular of all moba classes. In LoL the support’s job is to help feed your carry. This means deliberately not last hitting / collecting gold so that the carry gets the benefit instead. The end result is that you dont get the power and stay inherently weak. It’s a very one sided relationship.

At least in HoTS you don’t have to worry about deliberately trying to gimp yourself. You get to do the job of healing and still enjoy the benefits of power increase thanks to the xp gains of your fellow team mates.

4 Likes

Yes. But they brought a big patch with comeback gold, which does its job. If a team doesn’t win a single situation or is able to split push the gold towers while the other team is playing the lead, then the team doesn’t deserve to win.

The game will also get a new big patch soon, which in general reduces the damage output. Because that’s the biggest issue now.

While this sounds like a promo tour for LoL I just want to say that Riot constantly fixes the game and tries out new things. Most of them with success. Also game releases with success. There is a reason a lot of Blizzard employees (also from HOTS) headed over to Riot.

No it doesn’t. Not even close!
Of course there are stomps, but first of all there is no messy Stormleague. There is Solo/Duo and the for fun modes.
Beside that the rank distribution in LoL is much better and was ruined in HOTS with some patches. There is a clear skill and knowledge difference in LoL between each division.

As some would say, so you’re saying HotS got those stuffs right from the start? Unlike LoL.

It’s called money, and I assume, better work environment. Employee stuff has little to do with customer/playerbase interaction.

Which has little to do with HotS/LoL system but more with playerbase size difference. Invest money and boost the playerbase of HotS as much as LoL, then we can make proper comparison you’re making. Your complaints are off pitch/not aligned properly here.

3 Likes

Perhaps things changed, but I doubt it. Back in my LoL days Riot would introduce massive changes that NO ONE asked for every start of a season, the game would be a comical antifun mess, they would get it to OK state before world championships and then break it again. Also, Riot had mobility fetish and heroes with 300 dashes were consistently OP and heroes with little mobility usually forgotten.

Anyway, if you like LOL so much than play it. Personally, LOL was literally ruining my life for years. It was like a cheap drug addiction, binging 10 hours straight because I felt the urge to get to that top level but actually not enjoying the game at all. The raging kids who would afk because I took my blue buff as a jungler, the surrender vote spam, the flaming because someone “stole” a kill, yeah I get PTSD just thinking about it!

Oh how could I forget, the duo queue mess! I’d rather play vs a 5man stack in SL in hots than against a duoQ jungler+solo laner camping me to death in LOL, or a duoQ bot lane dominating my team. There is actually more counter play vs 5 in HOTS than 2 in LOL given how snowbally LOL is, being dove top lane by queQ while my jungler is farming… after which I am 2 levels down in the 1v1 and cannot even approach a minion… yeah LOL great game haha.