Lag spikes in hots only. (Another one)

There’s hundreds of threads on this, and various discussions you can find via google.

The tldr seems to be; you’re sh outta luck.

Has anyone managed to actually ‘fix’ this?

80% of the time I can play without issue, but when the game starts lagging (usually on weekends) I am fighting the game more than the enemy team, it’s infuriating and becoming unplayable.

streamable .com /69olcs

Ignore me stuffing my face.

I’ve seen solutions ranging from clearing your replays / game settings data, to turning off sound reverb in the audio settings. I’ve tried everything. Nothing seems to have any effect on it - as soon as a fight starts my game turns into a slideshow and it’s like i’m playing 2-3 seconds in the past.

1 Like

Hey there,

This type of lag usually ends up being due to packet loss somewhere in between your game client and the server. Since all actions and movement are determined on the server side, if the client doesn’t have a stable connection to the server it can cause this type of intermittent freezing.

If you’re playing on a wi-fi connection try switching to a wired ethernet connection.

Power cycle the router to refresh the connection after it starts happening.

If it’s only happening on the weekends or more often on the weekends it could indicate an ISP issue (for example it’s happening during peak times when the most users are using your ISP in your area). When the problem starts happening you could possibly try testing an alternate connection to see if the issue goes away, and that should help narrow things down further (if it’s only affecting your normal ISP).

I have same problem.
It breaking my nerves in Hots, more than actual game plays.

Whats the EU servers name for tracert?
I wanna do some - and check where the problem is - because game is unplayable for now.

I have the same issue. Posted screens to the tech support of my ISP with tracert and they advised the issue is on the server side in amsterdam. None of the other options heleped.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.