KT's pyroblast needs damage fall off on travel distance

Safeguard isnt an ult. :angry:

1 Like

We will make it one. :wink:

2 Likes

Actually, not 100% true.

Pyroblast is, without a doubt, better at killing heroes. If you want to get a hero kill, Pyroblast is what you want. In fact Pyroblast is the better option when playing ARAM.

However, in normal games there’s this little thing called the objective in which zoning becomes incredibly important. Phoenix is all about zoning, when you can keep an enemy out of a zone long enough to get the objective done, you’ve done all you needed to.

This is the key issue with people who play KT seem to ignore, you don’t have to get kills to win. You only need to control the situation long enough to do what is necessary.

1 Like

True, everyone who struggled against unnerfed tempest keep KT in TBC know how much of a thing his pyroblast is i may add.

1 Like

I’d rather agree with OP but should be reverse actually, getting hit earlier have smaller base dps and the longer it travels the DPS increases (as does the projectile speed)

Therefore has some counterplay into “stepping into fight” as opposed to running from a one (unless knowing exactly what to do at that point)… It’s even kinda intuitive when you think about it

BUT, but, then the ability should probably get a buff of some kind, perhaps decrease of CD mbe :slight_smile:

1 Like

You pick it for those games where its assassins everywhere. Especially those ridiculously mobile ones. Li Ming or Lunara on the map? Fireball Time.

Li Ming has diamond skin that she can talent into at 16, and Lunara has one of the best spell shields in the game at 13.

Plus, force armor.
I found it’s the most useful against healers.

1 Like

I forgot about that one. Li Ming really is a waste to cast it on.

You launch it after they shield.

Pyroblast went from meme ult to real competition against Phoenix the day they removed ice block from the most popular healer (back then), Malf. Also the day KT became 2nd mage.
Im still laughing how they gave miniiceblock to Bwing lol

Or people are smart and save their defensive tools for when they need them? If li ming took aether walker she’ll 100% have teleport ready to shield up again when it gets close. If she took Force Armor it stacks up to 4 times with 50 spell armor. Just don’t use it on her. I laugh every time i see a kt cast it on me.

Okay, let me try.

OH WOW?!!1 lookit this super n00b aSKING 4 teh uber nerfz. SEE u guys, Im, like, level 5000 ultera master tier?!!1 ACKTUALLY, its BLIZ that comes to ME for HELP. JUST PIK MIDAV and PROtekT ur Team FrOm elF manz FIre BAwLs

EVYERTHING IS PERFUCT WITH THIS GAME NEVER EVER CHANGE ANYTHING EVAR oR i crY!

Reminds me of good ol Haunted Mines where you can simply go inside to avoid it completely.

1 Like

Phase Shift was suppose to work like that and it seems to fit her well for a Faerie Dragon.

In Warcraft III Faerie Dragons had the ability called Phase Shift that avoids all damage taken for a few seconds.

1 Like

I love Pyroblast! :slight_smile:

Just fyi, Diamond Shield lasts for 5 seconds and teleport has a 5 second CD.
She can keep a 100% uptime of her diamond-shield.

As sick as that hardcore burn is, Pyroblast actually has plenty of counters, just by the nature of how it’s cast. It’s an ability that requires a target which is:

• Under 1000 health
  • Without defensive cooldowns
  • Without allies that provide defensive cooldowns
  • Allowing you to channel for 1.5 seconds
  • Not already being killed by your teammates

If all of those come together, Pyroblast can snag kills. In low leagues, said prerequisites are all-too common. Anywhere else, it’s purely a ‘win more’ button on a 100 second cooldown. Given that it “only” deals ~1000 damage (and very predictably), most healers can get you above the threshold with a single basic ability.

2 Likes

Lately I found this to be the most difficult requirement :smiley:
Underlines the win more qualities…