Kicked from game for being airborne too long as Deathwing

Was playing an SL game on Hanamura as Deathwing.

I went the 16 damage reduction (specifically to counter Sonya’s heal off of Whirlwind [E]) called “Gaze Onto Destruction.” I was waiting for my team to get an engage while they get camps/setup for a fight, and communicating with my team what I’m doing + my cooldowns to let them know they had the green light.

I get an AFK warning I had to immediately waste my Z as a result and waste my advantage.

After that lost fight (which we lost because of that), I’m in the air waiting for my team to engage on a turret for about 45 seconds and the game kicks me entirely.

When I rejoin we lost all our turrets and I’m dead. Fortunately we won the game, but I had to constantly waste my Z so the game wouldn’t kick me again because of this terrible oversight. So I got next to zero value out of that Level 16.

This really obviously needs to be fixed. It blatantly punishes you for smart micro play, being patient, and playing as a team.

If you’re going to punish that, IDK what the point of having a ranked mode even is.

After being afk for 90 seconds you get a 45 second warning before you get kicked. If you do this at a start of the game to your team, there is already a 55-60% chance that you have lost them the game (according to the first to level 10 statistics).

Also consider how much contribution you miss out on in terms of xp soaking while airborne, there is no excuse for you to spend time in air even close to reaching the current afk limit, since you heal up fully and replenish your armor plates in 1/3 of that time.

The afk timer could entirely be removed for full 5 man premade teams, but in every other case you are wrong because it’s not worth playing the way you intend up until level 20 when most of the structures in the games are long destroyed. Even on two lanes maps there is always something more optimal you could be doing than waiting for a team fight to happen.