Kerrigan underpowered

You can pick Kerrigan all the time if you work with your team.

The more time you spend alone in a lane the worse she is. She’s a gank and combo enabler. The teams seemed fine with picking her during Blizzcon.

Blizzcon was before the second damage nerf. I’m referring to Kerrigan after the 28th of November. So they spend the time for a huge rework, two really significant patches to finally have a hero which isn’t more viable than before.

7% popularity (pick+ban) over the last week for a reason. I would call this a waste of time.

That’s not because SHE is weak, it’s because there’s either better choices or too many powerful counters.

Or, like most melee assassins it’s hard to make her do stuff because she has to be so vulnerable to be effective.

Which basically means she is weak… As weak as before the rework.

1 Like

It doesn’t make a diff. They pick her for the CC and combo enabling. A damage nerf has no impact on that.

Anub engages, she follows up with her massive stun, and the target is dead before she can hit it with anything. Your teamates make the kill, you just enable it.

It really isn’t useful to discuss one week stats.

In which case, she should be relabeled a support.

No, because supports can’t jump to low health targets for a dive kill. (And no support will ever get self shields that they can replenish without using mana)

Not to disagree with your overall point because I agree saying “oh kerrigan should be labeled a support” is a silly sentence I didn’t think I would read today but Khara and Rehgar can jump to a low hp target for a dive kill.

She can still do respectable damage post-nerf and the combo is still devastating as an initiator or as follow up to someone else’s CC.

To follow up, can neither Khara nor Rehgar do respectable damage?

No they can’t. We get it. “A damage nerf has no impact on that” was a stupid statement by that other guy. I don’t think anyone actually believes Kerrigan would be useful if she didn’t do damage.

I agree that the recent balance patch didn’t change anything about when you pick Kerrigan, but they just changed some numbers around. I don’t think it was meant to drastically shift her purpose. That being said, there are plenty of heroes in this game that you can only pick in very specific circumstances. It’s a horrendous design choice that clearly Blizzard is okay with. Kerrigan isn’t “underpowered”, she’s just a bad pick most of the time.

In reality you get countered CC’d, AOE damaged and the target cleansed. Kerrigan dies first, Anub second. The thing what made her viable is gone => Burst. Go in get a kill or get killed. That’s the reality vs. burst heavy ranged heroes and tanks with a lot of CC or damage.

The patch is by now 2 weeks old and when I wrote to thread it was 8 days.

Because the devs start getting eye twitches when a ranged assassin can’t facetank her and live. Seriously this game has some of the most horribly designed melee assassins of any MOBA.

Basically Maiev and Kerrigan are not melee assassins they are supports.

Kerrigan would actually make a good melee assassin-bruiser hybrid like Thrall if they’d just give her a little mini-rework ala Artanis, but like I said as soon as she is good something snaps in the devs. The sad thing is this could actually give her a usefulness but we can’t have that.

It is a shame that one of the most iconic video game characters alongside Kane from Command & Conquer and SHODAN from System Shock is made so garbage.

I just unlocked Kerrigan this morning, along with one of those cool cheerleader outfits she has. I’m still learning her but i like what I see so far. I do need to ping a team mate to play alongside me when I play against the AI. Because I do find myself vulnerable at times if I’m by myself.