Kelthuzad was completely destroyed last patch

Really…at higher lvls (master and above) is literally impossible to make a combo after that medallion. Also, some caracters became too powerful with it. The game need a rebalance or a buff in certain characters. But KT specifically, is too dependent of CC from his chains or other characters. Just saying here.

4 Likes

Yes the medallion has quite an impact on him. In lower league (gold and platinum) it is not impacting his basic combo as much but frost blast ultimate is just crap if your team have not a lot of predictable CC to force the enemy team to use their medallion. It specifically impacted KTZ survivability against higher mobility heroes like Genji or tracer, when this ult was the only way to stop a hard dive.

It is taking a bit of time but players are slowly learning how to efficiently use the medallion.

Nice to know that it also impacting the high leagues as when I made a post about that some people told complaining about that means I did not know how to properly play him…

1 Like

It’s a good thing Kel’Thuzad has exactly that.

He’s always been a garbage hero though.

Yep, but that also mean that this ult in these conditions lost a lot of value :sweat_smile:

The bests KTZ, I am not including me, were far to be garbage though :smile:

He can be very good if you hit those combos at 30 blight and your team has some other lockdown as well.

But good luck doing that now that Medallion exists, so in a way I do agree with the original post, he is nowhere near the threat he used to be if the anomaly stays.

He is also very easy to play wrong or too passively like Alarak or Hanzo which can make people think those heroes “suck” (but is very far from the truth).

6 Likes

He probably never played agains a decent KT. Or got killed with his friend with one single combo. KT is easy to counter on ranked, but he needs to be adressed or u game is over.

That true but also the most effective way of countering him is to avoid his chains.
What I like with him, and what makes him balanced, is that his impact rely a lot on the enemy team skills. When playing him it happens that the enemy tank/team were very aware about me and were able to avoid a lot of my chains while punishing me if I was to greedy.
Taking him in ranked always has been a risk where I am wondering myself how the enemy team will react and hence if I will be a dead weight or if I will be the carry. So against a team able to predict my chains I usually took frost blast ultimate to improve my impact a bit, but it lost some value with the medallion.

I guess those “HeRo tHaT cAn X dOeSn’T bElOnG iN a MoBa UhH” arguers won…

I haven’t seen that many people complain of KTZ over the years (mostly because he is hard to play), but you should have seen the forums Nova complaints during the first year or so of HotS.

People would not stop making “remove Nova from the game” posts every 30 minutes, or signing up just to say “nerf Nova or I quit”.

They really caved in and gutted her and lowered her combo damage output, even though she was a non-competitive hero who had ~0% pick rate in HGC as well.

All because people in QM could not deal with her.

1 Like

I’ve seen those. People really like to jump in and blame design for every high skill high reward heroes. As if a monotonous roster would be fun.

Idk about that, because I mainly do Co-op but she can still delete someone although late game of course.

u dont avoid his chains…he who miss it. Also…at lvl 7 he can slow on AA. making it very easy to land, the problem is, he need to get close for that, thats why a coordinated team know when to jump on him or else one or 2 will die. He IS that dangerous in the right hands. I dont recomend him on ranked thou, easy to counter even if last picked. Now with medallion he cant be played at all id say. And i got top 1 KT 3 seasons ago. That’s why im complaining.

Maybe at your level when you are the best KT for a season :slight_smile: it should be link to my predictability when I play him but, appart from team fights, a KT preparing to land his chains is quite predictable. A side step can do the job like all the skills shots. At my level Jaina is less impacted by the enemy skills as her burst is not as dependant to the enemy team capability to avoid her spells.

1 Like

KTZ is still crasy. 300sec cleanse is not impactful.

1 Like

It is very much when your sup can cleanse as well. Plus, in a serious match, there’s not a lot of TF’s. They r more specific. So, its off CD usualy. Im not saiyng its impossible to land some combos, but, it wasnt easy before, now its unnecessaraly harder for him.

Because ktz is the only one that suffers from it.
A 5 min trinket is the end of him but 1 minute cleanse was not
Imagine playing a tank in comparison.

1 Like

I am a bit tired of this kind of biased arguments: there is 5 medallions so it can be used globally 5 times in 5 minutes. So it can be compared to a 1 min cd cleanse.

So yes that is fine to get specifics heroes With 30-60 cleanse but if you add one more for all the heroes … that is too much for a hero relying exclusively on CC.

2 Likes

Yea i really dont buy the whole “but its got a 5 minute cooldown argument”. Ktz goes to fight level 20 objective, gets out of position to use his combo, lands it (but then doesn’t bc enemy used medallion). Most likely he dies bc normally he could get out of position and use cc to save himself, but even if he gets away his team has to cede objective.

I don’t believe hes completely destroyed but it was certainly an unwarranted and massive nerf.

7 Likes

If a one second unstoppable for 5 minuts makes your KTZ lose you deserve it though…

Johanna, Mei, Lili and so on laughs about KTZ. :joy:

If you have almost no cc in your draft, then it was usually a draft issue before medallion and now… cc wins games.

I agree, the CD is kind of irrelevant when talking about how this trinket did some nasty things to hero balance. It is all about getting/avoiding a critical kill in the late game, so it is really only the one late game use of the trinket that determines who wins and who loses that matters.

3 Likes

So you stop playing when you face medivh with 9 to 11 second burst protection and pout or something?
Imagine playing garrosh and not have a hero every 45 second when unstoppable is down.

1 Like