Kael'tas needs nerf

KT is OP as duck. hes dmg is way overtuned, when bomb spreads to me cause I cant runnaway from the retards spreading aids around the whole map. it take 70%+ of my health unless I play tank. and sure thats fair, cause its so hard to spread bombs. specialy when u have obj were u have stay inside eachother in a figth. and yeh its team based u have to work as a team to not spread. well gues what that dosent work. in ur perfect activison world it migth. but not in real the real world. and now when I play QM/UNRANKED and ranked I see that theres always a KT (unless hes banned) and that’s alarming cause it’s tells alot about how broken he is, cause people wanna winn, and yeh u winn if u play kt. only place its posible to winn against him is if my team is 1. all ranked diamond/master+. 2. if we go Team legue as 5 and we are all aware of the bombs and in voice. and thats it. you take away the enjoyment of the game when u have hereos that are this overtuned. unless its ur main thats overtued ofc than its all funn… :slight_smile: yey

3 Likes

DUDE - paragraphs, bullet points, numbered lists, all your friends when writing in general, especially on forums.

To hit your topic - Yes, Kael is overtuned right now. All they need to do is revert the last buff he received. IMO, they only buffed him to help him “keep up” with the current top 10.

7 Likes

Nerfing heroes due to bad players is stupid.

13 Likes

And it did exactly what it was supposed to do. So no reason to revert it.

5 Likes

We just had this discussion in a Lightbringer thread. General sentiment was that he’s a newb stomper but not OP.

6 Likes

Seems to be all that’s left in this game.

6 Likes

He’s too salty to properly use grammatic’s rule. Much better post a useless rant about a QM stomper.

6 Likes

Yup, it helped Kael contend with the top 10 and overshadow 90% of the other roster. Instead of just nerfing those that are overtuned in the top 10…

Blatantly false. I dont understand why people say things like this. Hes not even the best mage. Just one that happens to be more annoying. But that’s it. Hes more annoying.

Also I dont know how like 183 damage is 70% of anyone health pool in this game.

1 Like

He’s balanced. It’s just that he sucks to play against. He’s an enemy hero that sucks the fun out of the game.

1 Like

causing him to be the in the first round of bans 90% of the time was what they wanted to accomplish? And yes, i know he doesn’t get banned in the pro-scene or in masters.

To that i say, the pro scene has been killed and the vast majority of players are not in diamond or masters league.

No game should ever be balanced around nor “noobs” (too many clueless people) nor top 3% players (too much skilled). But Master/Diamond is an excellent sample to take in consideration.

1 Like

Sorry, do you know anything about the competitive scene, competitive communities, the environment, what makes a good competitive game and what doesn’t? Do you know anything remotely about any of that? Otherwise. Don’t make statements like that.

Because catering to casuals in a competitive game is what kills off all competitive games and if you knew anything about the market. You’ll know that plenty of games are long dead because they tried to cater to badly skilled players.

What makes a competitive game thrive is the ability to get better and learn - when everything is nerfed down to pathetic levels. The game is longer is fun and falls off of popularity.

So let me get this straight. He’s highly banned therefor no one gets to practice against Kael’thas. How does that work in anyone’s favor? Stop banning Kael’thas. Yes - he’s annoying to deal with but he is no where near the levels of Jaina.

Just because you refuse to adapt and get better does not make any hero overpowered and regardless of ban rates also does not make a hero overpowered.

Like I said in a previous post. Kael’thas isn’t even the best mage. lawl.

9 Likes

Sounds to me like you only play TLV with Erik exclusive style. I’m not 100% sure if it deals that much damage even to him…

1 Like

This has been the problem with this game right from the beginning: The Devs at the time of shipping the game were more concerned about the game being competitive before it was a good game.

Every game that Blizzard has made until this point focused on being a good game first and a competitive game later if it found an audience.

That being said, I do have to honestly say that Mike Morhaime leaving the company was good for this. Overall, he was a good guy with a strong interest in creating good games, but sadly, he was nearly obsessed with Blizzard becoming the ESPN of eSports and that’s the biggest fault I can lay on his leadership at Blizzard.

I think Heroes, Overwatch and Hearthstone all suffered from this a ton.

With him gone now, I hope that’ll allow for better game design, provide Bobby Kotick doesn’t continue to make things a mess.

1 Like

No they decided to put 15 million dollars into an HGC before the game was even out.

Do not conflate the two.

Thank you very much.

2 Likes

You just made my point. Their eye was on eSports, not putting out a good game.

A product that caters towards the top 1% of players doesn’t make a good game for the majority.

A ton of balance and design choices were done exclusively for the competitive scene, not for the majority of players. As a matter of fact, a lot of changes made for the competitive scene created heroes people used to love and now hated.

Hello Uther, Tyrande and Tassadar.

2 Likes

For whatever reason, I misread what you wrote. xD Forget my response.

I’m sorry. ;-;

But still any competitive scene that doesn’t balance around the higher skill floor is going to die regardless. This is already been proven. (And by higher skill floor. I don’t mean the top 5% of players.

Every major competitive game ever does this and is still successful. Balancing around good players encourages bad players to get better. Bad players have no need to get better if they can just demand nerfs on things they dislike.

Objectively incorrect. most balance changes that happen with HOTS are done with bad players in mind.

-One of tracer’s original, huge nerfs was decreasing her burst and increasing her sustained damage. Tracer’s winrate went UP in skilled play due to the fact the changes were made with low skill data in mind.

-Chromie’s rework that nerfed her a ton? low skill play again. Despite her high masters popularity, her winrate was average at best. in pro games, her popularity and winrate were absolutely NOTHING special (she was often getting beat out by Li Ming and GUldan and CRUSHED by Jaina in popularity AND winrate).

• Murky’s huge nerfs after his initial rework? Low skilled players again. Now Murky doesn’t even see higher than 5% popularity, even at the highest levels of play.

-Mephisto getting continuous nerfs to his base kit and one of his ults? low skill play again. In Masters he was fine. In pro play, he saw little use (~15% or less) and his winrate was sub 50%.

-Valeera’s continuous nerfs? baddies again!

-Nova being nerfed to the point she’s been a bottom tier assassin for a while? Baddies strike again!

The list goes on and on and on.

What changes happened to Uther that make you angry?

Tyrande was reworked a final time because she just wasn’t a good hero. Again, low skill players are irrelevant when it comes to determining hero strength. the fact is that Tyrande was a troll pick in skilled play and that’s why she needed a rework.

Tassadar’s current predicament is due to the fact that the devs refuse to just TALK to skilled players. He was really only useful in pro play but didn’t have the team coordination necessary to yes him well very often in ranked. Simple discussions with pro players and masters would have solved this issues over a year ago. the problem is the devs think they know better than everyone else.

8 Likes

On a related note, this is a good video for people who constantly advocate for nerfs.

4 Likes