Just got mass-reported for being the healer

In a ranked game where everyone else locked damage and tank instantly, even though as soon as the game started, I hovered Sylvanas and I show my preferred role being ranged assassin, and secondary role being tank.

I am very bad at healing because I instinctively play them all like assassins. My ETC would dive in way too deep and blow up and so of course everyone blames me saying I’m, quote, “S!@#.” I KNOW I’M NOT GOOD AT HEALING, WHY THE HELL DID YOU ALL MAKE ME DO IT?

a beautiful community we got here.

13 Likes

Imo if you cannot fill healer you shouldn’t play ranked.

That being said i never get mad at healers regardless of how bad they are. I always blame assassin players.

17 Likes

There are exceptions to this. I’ve had 15 minute games with my healer at 7k heals. That’s just not acceptable.

1 Like

I mean at that point they’re just throwing.

Reall Getting mad at anyone is bad but i sometimes cannot help it when our instalocked valla keeps missing q

2 Likes

That’s the hots community for you. Were you last pick on your team? Happens all the time.

2 Likes

Indeed
People shouldn’t complain about their healer and tank performance. If they think they could do better, then why don’t they pick it

8 Likes

If you dont know how to play healer. Play lucio or reghar. You can still be aggressive and your healing will do the job on its own

5 Likes

they shouldn’t be toxic, but you also shouldn’t be playing ranked if you aren’t at least competent in all roles.

If you can’t be flexible with you role choice you shouldn’t even be playing ranked mode in the first place, let alone complaining about it on the forums. You’ll catch a hot potato every so often, but by the third time you should be comfortable playing whatever is needed of you. Big waste of time trying to beat sense into people disagreeing over this.

I CAN heal, it’s just my worst role because I’m fantastic at ranged dps and good at tanking. By your logic, nobody should be playing ranked because no matter what, your skill at one role will always be worse than the others. Your logic is flawed, but I can already tell by your post, that it is a big waste of time discussing any more with you.

1 Like

If people can fill at least 3 roles I think it’s fine. He also said Healer was his weakest role, not that he couldn’t play it. People in draft will often demand someone fill Heals or a Tank and then go ahead and ban 3 tanks, not even allowing you to make a comfortable choice, for example.

I’ve had the above happen to me recently. I do play tanks, but not all of them, my team demanded I play a tank, I showed the tank I wanted and they banned it. Then banned two in the first phase, insta locked their own ranged assassins. The enemy took a tank and there were two more tank bans in the second phase.

This left me with a less than optimal pick, they then also refused to draft a bruiser, so I had to tank for four ranged vs a dive team. This unsurprisingly didn’t go well and this premade team of four all “reported” me.

6 Likes

Players have been blaming the healer for years now in all games, You honestly thought this was gonna be any different? But then the dps will brag about how they have 30k dps but they are 0 and 5. Dps means nothing if no one is getting kills.

1 Like

Agree to disagree. If four players call you a clown, better go shopping for a suit. It’s something that could happen to anyone and if you are not prepared for this, you should probably not be playing the game in the first place.

Calling the community toxic over this is complete nonsense. If she is so frustrated at me simply for disagreeing, I can only imagine the messages she may have sent to her teammates during the match in question for being “forced” to play a less desired role.

So much for calm demeanour, you deserve each other.

I told my team I was happy to fill tank, as I play most of them. You can choose to believe me or not, but I was then trolled by this premade as I explained above. I didn’t abuse them, I did explain to them that as I had to take Mal’ganis and they took four ranged vs a dive comp I couldn’t peel for them all. This didn’t stop their abuse of me in the game.

I don’t think I should be reported and abused when I freely complied with the wishes of my team, only to have my team take four ranged when they knew it would disadvantage the whole team.

1 Like

Likely won’t lead anywhere since you did nothing wrong.
If you are worked i would not touch ranked for a day or maybe two and it would take care of things.

Bad ETCs which must be flourishing right now are very hard if not nigh impossible to heal anyway.
If the monkey goes way far ahead of his team and always Qs and W and then stay there like lots of specimen i saw you won’t do much.
Nothing short of anduin with his trait up will salvage that.

If you like being active Malf , WM , ana and anduin may be healers you want to try further as they encourage landing skillshots/weaving AAs

ETC is on free rotation this week, not sure if that has anything to do with it, it usually does in QM, less so for draft.

Taking part in in-game MOBA communities is just babysitting for free.

I’d like to motion: those who endure soloQ with pugs should be able to put it on their resume/curriculum vitae to display a set of skills roughly equivalent to working retail… I’ve done both for over five years and can promise they share a lot of commonalities.

In this moment, I wish they would enforce role queue similar to Overwatch. You pick what role you want to get into BEFORE the game starts. That way, you are automatically going to get the basic composition needed. I know that might not be something realisitic for this game but it does have it’s merits. I personally wouldn’t care about a longer wait time for a queue. But since I am a tank main, I wouldn’t likely have a wait time. DPS would, which might encourage instalock garbage tier players to actually practice a role they don’t play so they don’t have to wait long to play a ranked game.

People should be rewarded with flexibility and the willingness to pick up a role. I’m tired of troll picks or people who want to draft something the team doesn’t need because they want to “play the game their way”. There is a game mode for that. Q U I C K M A T C H

2 Likes

I love your post with all my soul because you’re absolutely right, and there really isn’t a good fire back on it, and yet despite QM being what ‘they’ want they complain about it too, anyway.

This is one fight you’ll never win.

This is why i dont get mad at healers/tanks. Totally fair to be good with 2-3 heroes in your worst role. My exasperation with “cannot heal” ppl (not saying op is one of those) is about those who only know lili and still cannot heal. If you have 2 and both got banned/ picked and are doing your best with your third its fine.

Generally i warn people in advance when im on my fifth best tank (johanna, etc, anub, diablo, muradin for the record). It does stop them from raging normally.

1 Like