It's been 7 months since Hogger was released

Does smite have a skeleton crew and run on the same engine as HOTS? You are comparing apples and oranges.

Also the HOTS team does not represent all of Blizzard. So do not treat them poorly because you have a bias towards Blizzard.

2 Likes

Tell me how many devs also work with Smite compared to Hots team. They properly have a much bigger team compared to Hots dev team. Something that also helps a lot with releasing new content.

You cant really come with excuses that Smite release more content then Hots does right nw when you dont even know how many works for that game imao.

Thats like telling one person to release same amount of content as 20 people can do combined.

Becasue those so called cult Blizzard Fanboys hope Blizzard in the end comes back again to its former glory where the company cared for its customers. Not like now. But can you blame them ?

You would properly come to a gaming company defends too if you had a game you really liked to the deeps of your heart that suddenly became like Hots is now. Or would you just leave it like to die like all bandwaggon fans does. Real fans of a game stick to it to the end.

Bandwaggon fans will leave it to rot and find a new game to be bandwaggon fan of for as long it last.

2 Likes

Are you implying the engine has anything to do with development cadence?

I donā€™t have a bias, Iā€™m just being realistic.

This will unfortunately never happen and anyone that thinks it will is going way beyond hope and into serious delusion.

:roll_eyes:

Iā€™ve played Blizzard games since they were called Silicon & Synapse and released RPM Racing for the SNES. I played this game since the final weeks of beta. I spent a LOT of real money supporting this game before HotS 2.0, always had an active stimpack, bought all the legendaries ($15 each at the time), etc. Implying Iā€™m a ā€œbandwagonerā€ or not a ā€œreal fanā€ is pretty hilarious.

Iā€™d love for this game and this company as a whole to return to their former glory, but itā€™s never going to happen. The Blizzard I grew up with is dead, all thatā€™s left is a bloody husk that Activision will continue to squeeze every last drop out of until it finally dries up and they find a new studio to cannibalize. Sometimes you need to take a step back and be realistic about a situation, which unfortunately includes abandoning a game you once loved that has been left to rot. :cry:

Forgive me if I find the notion of being ā€œhopelessly hopefulā€ in the face of grim reality aggravating.

They already have. Starting with Stukov.

No, but they did set certain expectations with certain interesting heroes like Abathur, Choā€™Gall, and Murky, while leaving out certain super iconic characters in favor of far less prominent ones.
I do think people forget though, progress in Heroes doesnā€™t just involve generic items that all heroes have access to, or just an increase in damage on the one skill you level up. Talents are more interesting and involved than that, and have to be tailor made for each new hero, which can result in them feeling more unique from each other. Though sometimes they fail to make characters stand out enough and they fall to the wayside and donā€™t see much play.

Why you think Rein got scrapped? Engine complications.

Also you are comparing two games with two completely different engines. Which means different ways to develop it.

Even though your statement is anything but realistic.

You seem to think the HOTS dev team is the same as all of Blizzard. Hell you even said to stop ā€œdefendingā€ Blizzard. Like as if I was talking about the company as a whole.

I am talking about the HOTS dev team and only the dev team. Not how Blizzard ruined Battle.net which what you seem to focus on instead.

1 Like