It isnt even funny anymore

Rank up to plat 3, go on a lose streak, derank, go on a winstreak REPEAT
Same scenario repeated itself 5 or 6 times. I never believed the 50% theory, until now.

4 Likes

Or you’re simply at the rank appropriate for your level of play and the matchmaker is working correctly because that’s what happens when you keep getting put in equally skilled groups

4 Likes

Obviously if you reach the rank that represents players of your true MMR then you will get a 50% winrate at some point. (Logically players that will play against equally skilled players have a 50% winrate). For you at this moment it’s in Plat. Ranks divisions are not that precise, if you are Plat3, Plat2 or Plat1 is almost the same thing. Do you think you should keep climbing until you reach GM#1 ? If you only play this game for the rank then it will become less fun everyday…
Play the game because the game itself is fun and ranking happens passively anyway…

2 Likes

People thinking they should keep climbing forever :sweat_smile:

Easiest way out of that nightmare is to one trick a hero. Now they’re cracking down on that by revealing player names. They want you to do their easiest way and that’s 5-stacking with competent players. Blizzard trying to control what’s fun as always.

1 Like

Yeah obviously plat 3 is so much better than plat 4 so that i because i am so bad cant win a single game in this division. Makes alot of sense. The constant win/loss streaks make alot of sense too. Thats alot of fun!

With Blizzard’s own words throughout the years, if you keep playing, you’ll keep going up, not stay in the same rank.

But we all know it’s because the OP deserves to be exactly plat 3 and not because this matchmaker was made by a drunk monkey.

1 Like

50% does not mean you always get one win after a lose and a lose after a win… Obviously streaks can happen and more so in team based games because there are more parameters than just your own performance. Why don’t you post your match history so we can actually see how big your streaks are?^^

It doesn’t matter how big the streaks are, what matters is the fact it happens for YEARS and, more often than not, they’re complete stomps one way or the other.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a source for that because that is literally impossible. Not everyone can continuously advance just by playing long enough. By definition there are as many people losing games as there are people winning games so some people will play a lot and lose a lot.

A good matchmaker is one that seeks to get everyone into groups of their peers. Players that are significantly above or below the average take longer to get to their group because of how much different that is from where people start out. You start out being considered an average player which is actually the high bronze/low silver range based on where most of the players reside roughly so someone that would be a mid platinum level player would be considered significantly above average and thus put up a high W:L ratio before they start winning and losing at a roughly 50% rate and even better players would take longer than that to get there.

Of course it matters, maybe some whiny boi is crying because he lost 3 games in a row and then comes to the forum, telling us stories about a losing streak… Seriously, How many games in a row should players be allowed to win/lose? After how many games do you call it a streak?
The same thing about stomps… Where is the border? How decisive are teams allowed to win?^^ At some point it’s only natural. Once a team gets a lead, it becomes easier for the team to increase the lead and to win the game… Expecting every game being a coin-flip (who will win the last team-fight post lvl20?) is not realistic. The team that got “stomped” has a lot of things to think about…

How are there still people like you two that DEFEND this…

This community just gets worse and worse, defending BS like this when it’s been proven to be a thing since the betas.

1 Like

Good, let the hate flow through you.

This is why I don’t play ranked anymore, in any Blizzard game. About a year and a half ago in Overwatch, I ranked up all the way from low Gold to low Diamond. Then 2/3 of games had potato teammates and I lost all the progress I gained that season.

How does that make any sense?

I had no idea where I actually belonged because my rank was so volatile.

Having clown fiesta matchmaking is what’s killing this game. There’s no sense being competitive because you have to deal with people who are clearly just throwing or not trying, and your rank suffers because of it.

1 Like

This is why real men only play Quick Match.

I think people expect here to be able to climb ranks too fast but average non esports level players with crack SWAT level skilled teams on voice chat will have to slog on for ages battling with a neglible increase in winrate to maybe 51% meaning they’ll rank up after like amonth of constant loss and win streaks. its why id ont bother with ranked most of the time. i know itll take way too long for someone like me to climb it so i just dont bother with it

1 Like