Is there hope left for hots?

If there are only 10 people left on my server I will still play, this game is great.

Patches keep making it better. Blizz just screwed the pooch when they tried to force feed a pro scene w/o fixing gameplay issues

3 Likes

Warcraft III is getting remastered.

There’s still hope for HotS. Who knows, maybe the game may redeem itself soon.

// bring back master skins reeee //

2 Likes

They would need to fix matchmaking and reporting system to win back player base.

I don’t think Pepsi bans anyone that drinks their soda and prevents them from buying more. LOL.

1 Like

There’s always hope.

2 Likes

As a casual game yes.As a tryhard competitive one? Not unless activision-blizz decides to give it a pro circuit again and even then it would not fare well considering how considerate they were when they decided to kill the previous one.
If they killed HGC on a gradual one two year span it would have had a chance to recover or at least not piss off people as much.

1 Like

As long as Auriel is in the Nexus, there is hope.

4 Likes

Not to sound like a pessimist, but Dota 2 has never entered “maintenance mode” and had anonymous members of the dev company call it a failure and embarrassment.

I’ll have some hope for it when they choose to use cheat detection software, cuz there are waaaaay too many script users… Between my team and the enemy team there’s two in every damn match. TWO. And all I can do is just sit down, bite the bullet and report them, submit proof of it and what programs they may be using, only to see them in a match a week later… jesus christ.

1 Like

Depends on the quality of changes in the future. Cosmetics and hero-wise things seem to go smoothy and the latest balance patches have done good things to the game and the 2/3 week pace is really good. Thing is that for some players these changes still have been a net negative (nerfs to Whitemane, Jaina, Li Li, Cho’Gall irrelevant Li-Ming and Leoric changes, Lucio and Aba rework and so on) so even though the quantity is great, the quality is still quite lacking and each time they rebalance a hero in a way that the playerbase disagrees with it makes players leave the game and cosidering how low the playerbase already is things look kind of dire.

Another issue is the matchmaking that they missed out on. Players complained about the matchmaking for 2+ years and when they finally gave us the system we wanted it was so late after tons of players had abandoned the game that there wasn’t a proper playerbase to support it anymore so they had to remove it in about a week because queue times got ridiculous. After that? When the matchmaking works the game is great, but most of the time it doesn’t and then you’re going to have a frustrating experience and in the worst case scenario where you have low tier players soft-throwing the game you’d rather just not play the game at all.

They won’t remake the game, but it’s not completely doomed depending on whether they’re implementing MMR anchoring to QM/Unranked and how they’re able to balance heroes in the future

2 Likes

dota 2 is a remake of a nine-year old community-backed fanmap that proceeded to resell the content of those nine years for seven before coming around with ‘new’ content.

It could be arguably stated that most of its lifespan has been “maintenance mode” given how long it took to get parity with its source and what the source map essentially endured while LoL gobbled up the previous playbase with the allstars/pendragon schism.

HoTS will live on. Being a beta tester for this game was fun and my heart would break if this game fell and never returned again. The hope is usually a new hero comes that we all anticipated for either that or a really out of the blue Hero that will change the game’s meta. There’s nothing more than Monk Love and some Jimmity “Hey Hey Man”

This is undoubtedly true.
Would be so great when Blizzard take smart decisions in series.
In 2022 year would the best.

Btw i did suggested to them ton of works like this my version…:

Very well sayed! :slight_smile:
/appluad

1 Like

Ok, folks… keep this mind…

Blizzard still runs the servers for both the original Starcraft and Warcraft III. They’re not going to pull the plug here unless something drastic happens.

1 Like

sorry, heroes is ded gaem. Go home folks
RIP in pepperonis

2 Likes

HOTS is terrible. They buff those that dont need it and nerf those that need buffs. Characters are unplayable in any match and others are required

1 Like

Game is dead! Blizzard should make Battle Royale to support Heroes!

1 Like

Well, if we could get Reinhardt, HotS could actually survive. Reinhardt never lets anyone die.

overwatch is kinda dead Apex Legends killed it! but dont worry blizzard will have a battle royale built on a old overwatch engine 5 years from now when noone gives a f@ck

1 Like