Is medivh the hardest counter to vikings?

Ive played a few games and am starting to think, medivh although beatable as vikings might be the hardest to fight, medivh players tend to be pretty cunning and can suspect any ganks I setup (also can just bird and see it) medivh got that anti-olaf-stun with his protection, and can quest of vikings pretty ez, ontop of that, portal gives me ptsd.

Medivh alone can never be the biggest counter to any macro heavy Hero because he himself is too bad at it.
But it’s true, that the Vikings’ existence as enemies help his stacking, plus Polybomb can be funny on them (tho Jump exists and iirc it’s the most popular on that tier).

2 Likes

A good maeive or tychus is a better counter

Tychus and maiev are pretty easy to deal with imo, just make tychus focus on olaf retreat when olaf low come back 5 seconds later rinse and repeat, for maiev, eric f’s em up.

Doesn’t any real split pushers counter them. Someone like Sylvanas, Azmodan, Xul, or Zagarawho can just bully and hard pressure their lanes. Or a dedicated ganker like Tracer, Nova, and Falstad. Falstad also has global and has good macro.

eh, I’d say split pushers less so, you can still contest split pushers reasonably well by just diving in for a few xp globes and running off again and again

Can still remember my last game vs a Sam. Used that ult on him and he just keep chasing me while getting sheeped until he died lol.