Is it my computer or is it the game?

I’m not sure what even is my problem, so I hope you guys can maybe help me. I quit the game last year, and came back to it this year because of quarantine and stuff, and I realized that my FPS is REALLY bad. Last year I would play the game at 40-60 fps with settings on high, while talking to my friends on discord, and now, I can’t even get 30 fps with nothing but the game running, on low settings, with no sound, with no vsync or whatever fancy things might reduce FPS. I can still play other games normally, so what the hell is happening? also, I noticed that the stats display say that I’m at 300-600 MS eventhough the game is fine, and I’m not having connection issues at all.

Hey there,

Lets go ahead and grab a DxDiag so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 9/26/2020, 17:23:20
             Machine name: ARTHUR 
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
                 Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
      System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
             System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
                     BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/11/15 14:24:34 Ver: 04.06.05 (type: BIOS)
                Processor: AMD A4-4000 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics     (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
                   Memory: 4096MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 4036MB RAM
                Page File: 3464MB used, 4667MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12
      DX Setup Parameters: Not found
         User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
       System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
          DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                 Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
 DirectX Database Version: Unknown
           DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
        Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
           Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683F)
            DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683F&SUBSYS_A001174B&REV_00
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 4045 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 2027 MB
       Shared Memory: 2018 MB
        Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (50Hz)

Kliva,

It looks like that DXDiag got significantly cut off. Can you upload that to pastebin or a similar file sharing service and repost it? You also mentioned that you were seeing high latency numbers, so let’s run a winMTR as well to catch that.

To do that, run a WinMTR test which catches some of these performance issues. You want to restart the test every 10-15 minutes until you catch one of these problems. Once you’ve caught one red handed, run the test for about 5 more minutes. This will let us look for problems between your house and our servers which may cause this.

If you have problems with posting it due to a link error, go ahead and copy paste this into your next post, and replace “WinMTR goes here” with your test.

~~~~
WinMTR goes here
~~~~

WinMTR : pastebin,com/6st4jNzC (Had to modify the dot and https so I could post)
DxDiag: pastebin,com/gT11T4Bp (Had to modify the dot and https so I could post)
Unfortunately I couldn’t track one of those matches where the high MS bug happened.

Hey Kliva,

The WinMTR looks fine, although you mentioned you didn’t experience any issues while it was running.

Does the game sometimes go above 30 FPS? Or is it locked at 30FPS and won’t go higher no matter what?

We can also take a look at the CPU and GPU temperatures to make sure there’s no overheating causing the low FPS.

1. Download HWMonitor and install it.
  2. Launch the program before starting the game and allow it to run in the background.
  3. Play for at least 15-20 minutes or until the issue occurs.
  4. Switch back to HWmonitor, maximize the window, then expand all of the individual sections.
  5. Scroll to the top and take a screenshot. For Windows 10 press Win+Shift+S to take a screenshot of the window. For Windows 7 or 8.1 press the Printscreen key on your keyboard.
  6. Paste the image into the Paint program and save it as a .bmp or .jpg
  7. If you were unable to capture all of the sections in the first screenshot, scroll down in HWmonitor and repeat the process of screenshotting and saving it.
  8. Upload the images to an image hosting website like imgur.com then share the unique links in your next post. Paste the links here, then highlight everything and hit the </> button in the posting section so it will allow the link.

Hey Jambrix, thanks for the help! I decided I am going to buy a new computer, but thanks for your time and attention, I really appreciate it!