Is GM#10 + 2 low plat players cheating?

2 smurfs + a GM#10
When he replied cocky to a suggestion.
I asked him if he could hold his own ground in GM. He said " I dont know I never did it"
People in the ennemy team were dia 4. (Really not fair to face a gm and 2 smurfs) for those players, i reported him for abusing the system but my question is.
Do you guys concider this cheating.
He played genji and died 4 times facing 1v3 people. And his smurfs had a 74% winrate together)

1 Like

It’s not cheating, since Blizzard allowed it to happen for several seasons.

However, next season they are addressing cheap rank boosting by giving the enemy a higher average mmr based on the head of the rank boosting group and the number of players in the party. Basically, the new system will view everyone in a gm-silver-bronze group as a gm.

2 Likes

Yeah I get thats its technicly not cheating, but i just felt bad for the 5 diamond players against me working hard for a good rank.

He may be a mechanical good player, even be a master. but if you queue up as a diamond 4. and are in high GM. thats abusing the system

To be fair, most current masters+ in tl play like platinum. The new system will only allow unfair rank boosting at the mid to low end of the rank spectrum, which defeats the point of trash players trying to obtain high rank status.

2 Likes

the #1 GM in team league queues with a 5 stack and 4 of them are in bronze on smurf accounts. Name is GGG luckily he sucks :smiley:

1 Like