Info from Ex Blizz employee Fabien Serot on HotS and Blizz

Damn 8 hours long? My gen z attention span could never. I even had to stop at point 4 and take a break lol.

1 Like

Wait for the 1 minute TikTok summary/dance version to be released.

2 Likes

Bobby Kotick is still there, so yeah I think any boycotts are justified.

I think I’m gunna hurl…

1 Like

There’s no way to boycott a company that only hurts one person.

Remember the Joe Fresh thing with Walmart? When people said they were going to boycott the brand, the employees responded by pleading them not to, because otherwise they would lose their salaries, as lower sales would cause jobs to be cut.

1 Like

No, there isn’t. But that’s exactly the point of a boycott. Push a company to action. If that company does nothing they deserve the effects of a boycott. If they really cared about their employees, they would have taken action so that people continue to support them and so they don’t have to cut jobs. Companies need to be held accountable.

Blizzard is currently taking action. It affects the value of their stock so they’re very motivated to do something about it. You better believe they’re taking it seriously. They have no choice, boycott or not.

Then why is Bobby Kotick still receiving paychecks? As CEO it is your responsibility that the workplace is a safe environment. He failed in that task and his employees and because of that I can see why people still boycott blizzard.

People tend to support companies that are good to their customers and employees. I remember people recently talking about boycotting Amazon due to tax evasion, poor work environment and such… That’s just how people are. Why would people support a company that treats their own employees poorly? They usually don’t.

I wonder if they’d be as motivated if it wasn’t hitting their pocketbook.

Because you can’t punish someone with unjust cause. If he hasn’t been found guilty of anything (yet), they can’t arbitrarily punish him. Also, I would assume they would owe him a fat check of early termination, as well as a severance package.

As CEO, you are responsible for what happens at your workplace. If you allow that kind of behavior then you too are no innocent bystander.

And if they don’t want to fire him because of money, that’s even worse and shows they care more about money than doing what’s right.

I will repeat, boycott seems deserved to me.

Whatever our opinion, the people most hurt by the boycott are not those who committed those acts.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean companies shouldn’t be held accountable. The fact boycotts hurt their employees should be reason enough to maintain a proper and healthy workplace environment so that they don’t have lawsuits filed against them. If they decide to harbor sexual harassment in their workplace they deserve the consequences.

Doesn’t this just affect the amount of bonuses employees get after sales? They get paid during the entire dev time. Right?

Data shows this to be broadly true. So if we concede that point, what kind of action can customers take to attempt to hold a company accountable for their actions, which avoids hurting regular employees?

Buy a majority share. Activision Blizzard, Inc is a ‘holding company’. While they have sections that make video games, their business is in securities – stocks and bonds – and regular employees are expendable assets. That’s part of why they can fire an entire division, pay out severance packages, and then spin it as a good thing for investors, despite then needing to hire a new batch of staff.

We aren’t their customers, and if anyone followed the shareholder class action lawsuits that saw headlines when dogpiling blizzard was popular, those don’t seem to have amounted to much either. Unless you’re a billionare playboy who moonlights as a rubber bat… large corporations create these layers to create expendable zones and skirt accountability, taxes, and a whole host of other things.

1 Like

Darn, I qualify as only one out of those three! Naturally it is of course the rubber bat.

Nice summary, some whole countries economy’s are set up to facilitate company tax dodging, avoiding local laws in countries they do trade in and all matter of financial maleficence.

Oh well, I feel a bit depressed now.

1 Like

Just according to kaikaku. (Note: kaikaku means plan)

mmmMmmm~…caaake!~

2 Likes

As far as I know, only executives get performance bonuses.

1 Like

So isn’t boycotting ok?