Imperius effectiveness

Bro, that Q has a huge hitbox, how awkward can this get?

Now this is just a stretch, you are guaranteed to hit your target almost all the time unless you get CCed during wind up or playing like a complete dummy in the first place, the time it takes to attack is far less than the enemy player actually tries to get out of melee range of his AA.

Please stop making him sound as if he is weak, he surely not OP but you all make it sound as if his Q build requires additional buffs when it is as close as talent diversity and nothing else.

Landing Q is actually quite not as problematic as people make it sound as itā€™s hit box is quite forgiving and initiates it fast enough, by that forum logic ETCs Q is a same story because it has a wind up before it reaches its target even though that ability is also forgiving.

1 Like

Keep on pinging baby :sunglasses:
I hate mages who dont waveclear so much

Etcā€™s slide is active in its while range, impā€™s Q has a deadzone making it harder to hit that power slide.

Thatā€™s why the animation time after Q got patched not long ago (and it was a game breaking bug btw).

Never said he is weak, i said he is dominant as long as he lands Q. I did say his W ability and wrath of angiris are terribad though.

Never said that you said he was weak, you are however making him sound as he is weak in general when heā€™s not, thereā€™s a difference, read my post multiple times thanks.

You are also missing my whole point, both ETC and Imperius Q have forgiving hitboxes, you simply do not miss it and nor brainlessly waste it, then again this is just a form of counterplay for the windup to some extent.

Since we like throwing anecdotal experiences, I never found his Q problematic when I used it, let alone unforgiving to miss in the first place, itā€™s by far one of the easiests skill shots Iā€™ve used.

If anything what he needs is a simple yet again diversification of his talent tree that doesnā€™t make his Q dominant while the other talents viable, which when it comes to those it will inevitably nerf Q in the process in damage to some extent to lower its dominance in the process.

But as it stands out, heā€™s chosen for damage, and is weakness is soften out by waveclear heroes, so until he gets waveclear and allā€¦ Q would be dominant as time goes on.

1 Like

Taking merc camps: He sucks at it.
Waveclear: Bad
AoE. Negligible
Self sustain: Conditional,
Cassia: Heā€™s not Cassia

No, I donā€™t think he does too much. People have just started playing him more because he has a brand new totally awesome skin.

He has no waveclear. And if you reduce his damage, he cannot be a lane bully, which is the only thing heā€™s good at. Also reducing his damage reduces his healing. So he will no longer be able to solo lane.

Also note that he is currently on free rotation.

Only if you insist on dueling him. His wave clear is bad. So just soak the xp and stay away from him.

1 Like

Imperius a lane bully with his atroucious mana consumption early game.
Maybe when the globe talent will stop being a meme.

Of course I knee this would happen. Everytime I pick up a new hero someone calls to nerf him. Imperius does damage but has horrible waveclear. He also is a mana hog and have to hearth back a lot. He is fine where he is at

There are complaints about every hero. It doesnā€™t matter who you pick.

ā€œhe has no wave clear. he has no wave clear. he has no wave clearā€

this isnā€™t as big a weakness as you apologists want it to be.

It would still be nice to at least tune down Burn the Impure since the damage actually stacks from the marks, from perhaps 2.5% to 2%, since itā€™s like a total of 7.5% for all three stacks.

Impaling Light isnā€™t something Iā€™m sure of, but it can be powerful.

While I donā€™t think that would be a problem, I am not sure if it would be necessary if the talent tiers were swapped. He still has to get into melee range to benefit from BtI, and by then, a lot of heroes have their counter play talents available.

But yeah, as someone who normally plays heroes that are Imperiusā€™ natural prey, I wouldnā€™t mind a small adjustment to that talent.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ i lost hope in the forums after reading most comments

Imperius dominates high leagues at this moment. Dont think he is fine just because the average player never picks up the shiny exp globes and misses every Q. Its not easy dodging it when there are multiple enemys nearby

3 Likes

Or he spears someone. Dueling him has nothing to do with the burst that talent gives him its alot of % damage that he can wrack up.
His wave clear literally has NOTHING to do with how this talent affects his pvp.

Imperius\s balance is around his strong team fight capability, thats what he was designed as, a stronger dueler. Mind you when it comes to team play games he effectiveness can fall off cause he can be played around against with macro which Imperiusā€™ macro is subpar to make up for his Strong Team fight presence

You mean like ana breaks the game with her 100% healing reduction but never got the nerf she deserves since day one?

1 Like

Its my btag name. This is for another thread your free to make

The point is other heroes have busted things when you factor in not being with potatoes : bloodlust, bio grenade.

Also imperius is squishy played against non retarded people who focus fire without medivh.
People saying he can tank here should be dismissed if we go with your reasonning and thus him being strong in his solo focused hero makes more sense.

1 Like

Because thats a thread on its own that already been said many times. What do you want to hear more then surge of light is too strong?

What a retards they must beā€¦

1 Like

Is imperius used as the main tank in those setups or as a second melee?

People staying than imperius can damage and tank at the same time in any conditions are retards, yes.
Even the pro teams that use him as such go with particular setups , like it was the case with MT xul.

Toning down some of his burst damage is okay.
Nerfing his damage considerably accross the board because ā€œyeeet he tanked 5 baddies on a QM matchā€ would be bad balance.

1 Like

Im not talking about him in a main tank role xD I agree that can be bad. He can be the role as main frontline but if a blaze or etc fills the offlane

Who is talking about QM? On a ranked setting he is dominating. I cant measure high or low leagues on qm. I dont know how

2 Likes