Illidans Unbound Quest

The time has come for me to once again bring up this topic for the developers to take a look into this quest that is a great hinderance to Illidan and just plain unfun for the hero.

I have played Illidan since the friends and family Alpha invites. And since I can remember he had 2 charges of Sweeping Strike for a long time. Abathur and Illidan became and incredibly strong duo leading to the neutering of Illidan.

Giving Illidan his second charge is not gamebreaking for him. It is a core ability to the fantasy of playing Illidan. It’s even in a part of his dance! Consider removing the quest. It is a waste of a level 4 talent and is difficult to complete. 2 charges of Sweeping Strike should be a part of Illidans base abilities. Open up the level 4 talent for Illidan so I dont have to always try to complete a quest that should have always been a part of his base abilities. Thank you.

1 Like

I think you missed the huge advantage of this talent. The extra jump is just a nice feature, the talent is IMO really strong and often the one i find best to chose. The talent gives you the ability to move over terrain giving you so many new opportunities, and insane escape mechanics. With that said the quest can take long time yes and could be reduced a little without it breaking the game (reduced 5-10 stacks), I do find it kind of fun that you have to stack it and i think it would be too strong to get it right away.

Dunno what you’re talking about. I usually finish the quest before the 7min mark.
Having 2 Sweeping Strikes baseline would also be kinda broken, as it gives a lot of movement. If they did that, then there’s a high chance that they’ll nerf him somewhere else, and do you want to see his sustain or damage reduced?

Maybe it would be better to reduce the numbers of cast Sweep Strike from 30 to 25 which seems more balance.

1 Like

I think damage reduction would be fine, the buff to Blades of Azzinoth was really strong, as well as the change that was made to the level one talent that was formerly Seasoned Marksman. Mind you I’ve mained illidan since the Alpha, ive seen all these changes.

It’s not as broken as you think with slight damage reduction or reverting the level one talent to not give so much damage that early on.

I was used to and always picked seasoned marksman, I do not team fight early. I grinded out mob kills till I was getting good damage bonus to pick off kills.

I am glad Blizzard listened to the pleas and reduced the quest from 30 to 15.
Healing talent at 4 helps out big time. Although I still want to see the quest removed.

Thanks for listening Heroes Team.

Asking for balance changes like this require you to be at least master tier player, you know that, right? Or you just trolling devs with your hardstuck for life problems, because if u just bad at the game it doesnt mean heroes that you play need to be buffed af. Cause Ilidan in master tier can be very annoying pick especially when it gets huge buffs that looks like nothing when you cant even click the screen properly. IDK why are u hardstucks are so lame all the time in your posts btw…

I have 1160 games as Illidan. I have played Illidan since the game was in friends and family Alpha and have seen all his changes since then. Does that qualify me for an opinion?

To the Dev’s I’d like to say thank you for changing his quest. But I still do believe that the quest should be removed entirely. Double sweep was a part of Illidan’s base ability set. I don’t think it’s a good talent to lock it behind. Most heroes now are very strong. Double sweep allows Illidan to be more slippery early game. The difference this makes in removing the quest is giving Illidan more mobility early in the game. Many hyper mobility characters exist and most character’s damage has been increased. The second charge wouldn’t dramatically increase Illidan’s damage early in the game.