If someone has a less than 30% winrate after 50 matches, ban for the season

I do understand that people get into ranked too early and end up doing poorly, but they should still drop to wherever their ability takes them.

There are a substantial number of griefer accounts in low Bronze with less than 30% winrates, with over 100 matches played. Some of them have admitted in draft chat that they’re throwers. The report process takes too long to prevent damage.

I was in a match last night with someone who had a 25% winrate after more than 100 matches in Storm League. That’s a griefer. It shouldn’t take manual reports to do something about it.

I can’t think of a single reason why someone should not be banned from ranked for at least one season if they are Bronze 5 with a consistent winrate that low. Even if they’re honest players who are just super bad at the game, they’ve got to be taken out of ranked for a while, and improve in one of the other modes.

3 Likes

I dont understand how players have that kind of win rate and are still in plat. Its stupid.

2 Likes

I will add that I do not think players should be banned for having a low win rate. Now if you lose 15 games in a row, You should lose alot more points to help prevent keeping these troll players in higher ranks but yeah.

By “ban for the season” I’m strictly talking about Storm League, not any other mode.

Specifically I’m addressing a large number of trolls and wintraders in Bronze. Because you can’t go below 0, once you get there, you can grief the low ranks without dropping below them. The matchmaker will put Bronze 5 teammates in matches all the way up to Silver 5, so it isn’t as easy as making it to Bronze 4 and being rid of them.

Some winrates of Bronze 5 teammates from games I played yesterday (I’ve started taking notes):

0%
8%
12%
32%
34%
37%

Some of them have played hundreds of matches this season. One of them had played more than 2000 matches.

I mean that is bronze, Honestly I expect these numbers cause after all its bronze. Why would they ban low rank players for not being good at the game? SUre it is only for the season but that would kill any chance they have to improve.

Exactly how they get away with it. But even a bad player will accidentally win at least 40% of his matches among similarly-skilled players, and watching the replays, it’s not just bad play, it is obviously intentional. They’ll do some damage on minion waves, then run outside of XP range so it goes to waste. They’ll sit in a vent where they can’t soak, then hearth for no reason. They’ll intentionally refuse to engage in a teamfight until it’s over, then they’ll suicide in 1v5.

At a glance it looks just enough like ordinary noobery that it can be dismissed as such. When you look closer, it’s clear that it is specific and intentional.

Whenever there’s someone like this on my team, the other team always has someone who looks like they’re maphacking. I’ve sent some replays into hacks@ blizzard so they can investigate. It’s either oldschool wintrading, or some kind of maphack that uses a bot player on the other team to provide vision.

But let’s assume for the moment that they’re just honestly bad players with 0-37% winrates over hundreds of matches. They need to be banned from Storm League because they’re ruining other people’s matches. Victory, especially in low ELO, means being on the team that doesn’t have the worst player. It doesn’t take very many throwers – intentionally or not – to create a black hole in low Bronze that can’t be escaped without paying the boosters to get you past their gate.

Trust me I have dealt with a ton of bad players, What happens when good players are having a rough time and and get matched with players who throw their games? I myself was down to about 42% win rate before climbing back up into diamond?

Sorry I personally do not think bronze players with low win rate should be banned. Only people that intentionally throw games on purpose or troll or something along those lines should.

As for climbing out of bronze, its the same as playing any other rank. Invite players to a group that you did well with or did not do stupid plays that cost you the game and you will climb very easily.

Also if the people with these low ELOs are such a problem, that means the other team is gonna have the same problem as you do so its gonna come down to you carrying and outplaying these people to give yourself a win. I suggest playing a strong mage or AA dps, You can get a couple of good kills and that will probably save a number of your games.

They are in bronze 5 cause they dont know how to play the game and they are learning. There is no way someone who is good at ranked and is bronze, it doesnt matter if its you or your team mate, if you are in bronze, you are there to learn.

banning them wont fix anything, let them learn. Now if you are getting matched with them, it means you are bronze too. Now here is the trick… If you dont know how you can carry a game in bronze, it means you need to be there until you learn.

1 Like

So…instead of adressing the issue of matchmaking, and making the game a better place for everyone…you want to punish the people already having a bad time?

You want to punish the people that are victim of the matchmaking system? like i am? i DISPISE the new wat ranked works where you have to get a downright IMPOSSIBLE to achieve 50 wins for some people in a season.

Just to give an example…i lost all but one of my placement matches. I STILL got placed in damn platinum. Did i want to be there? NO. but alas i don’t have ANY OTHER WAY to lower in ranks but to try anyway and fail horribly. THAT is how you end up with a sub 40% winrate after nearly 50 games…

How very dare you…