If McCree enters the Nexus

Ashe first.

Ever since Ashe’s reveal, I’ve wanted another two-player hero where one is Ashe and the other is BOB. That would be the best. I’d forgive Blizzard for not adding an Overwatch hero in two years.

1 Like

But we already have Raynor. I mean, both of them have the same type of stand「GUN」.

I don’t think that happen, after all the world can’t handle both Ashe and Whitemane, together in one game.

1 Like

I doubt we’re ever going to get another 2 player hero. If Ashe did get added to the game I suspect she’d play sorta like Rexxar

3 Likes

Moira or Symmetra. If either ever make it to the game, i’m one tricking them. If both, most likely Moira more, bc I love healing.

2 Likes

no please. not a copy of valla with 2 guns we need something special!

His kit is uninspired and dull. If I wanted to play a guy with one gun and a roll, I’d play greymane because he’s infinitely cooler and better designed than McCree could ever be.

1 Like

I dont see and tbh dont want to see Raynor/McCree/Blackthorne together in this game. Making either McCree or Blackthorne gameplay different from Raynor will be difficult enough.

I don’t think he would be suitable, due to similarities… just because it is “uninspired and dull” in overwatch, does not mean they couldn’t make it interesting in HotS.

A Direct conversion would be poor, but not everything needs to be a direct conversion.

I mean, D.va is a problematic hero, but I don’t think anyone disagrees that Bunny hop and big shot as ultimates make sense–despite not being part of the source material (based on me looking at OW website).

it would be hard (imo) to do something similar for a full kit of a hero, but entirely possible…

1 Like

If he comes with a Hol Horse skin, sure.

There are no limits in the nexus.
The developers have managed to find a way around almost any character.
Before Rag got released nobody even dared think how that could or would be added to the game.
“A lava wave that destroys all minions on a lane, and deals damage to players… ok good luck with that” and BAM! here he is.

Ofcourse McCree can enter the Nexus and ofcourse he can have an interesting kit, his Nade alone is quite special compared to any other character ingame at the moment.

His ults also.

There is always away around a good design.

3 Likes

his ult is just like Purification Salvo “Fenix ult” target everyone and shot. his AA would be a complete copy of Valla’s AA. his Grenade to stun the player or idk what is that exactly he throw however isn’t that just like Tychus? but Tychus knock you back instead + dealing dmg to you. this character would be just a copy of the rest. if we can have him then why can’t we have Mercy? “because we have morales / auriel” so she would be a copy of them isn’t that what everyone said? i would say the same about this one too then.

1 Like

Maiev had essentially the same kit as Zeratul, but they found a way to redo her skills and add her. If Blizz wants to, they can make it happen.

2 Likes

lol.
And Murky and Tyreal have near the same kit:
AOE damage, catchup ability (slows enemies, or speed boost self) and a protection ability. PLUS both their traits interact with their death.

Murky == Tyreal knockoff!!!

Not her current kit, her Warcraft III kit. There was a running theory that Zeratul replaced Maiev in an early build of the game because they wanted more StarCraft representation.

Cleave = Fan of Knives: An AoE around the caster.
Singularity Spike = Shadow Strike: A projectile that slows and deals damage (even has the same initials).
Blink = Blink: Is blink.
Permanent Cloak = Shadowmeld: Passive stealth.
It’s not hard to see how Void Prison and Shadow Assault could’ve thematically worked with Maiev.

And yet they still made a kit for Maiev that’s completely different from her home game but thematically works.

3 Likes

aaaaaaaah! Gotcha!

I don’t think that theory about hero swapping is right though… Zeratul is a more iconic character than Maiev imo.

Don’t try arguing with people, if you suggest someone from Overwatch who’d be uninspired or step on toes if it was a direct translation you will get REEEE’d at so hard
I’d know this happened to me with Mercy suggestions a while back

If McCree enters the Nexus, would I main him?

No. I find him to be a boring character, overall.

Zaratuel as a playable hero in Starcraft 2 is also incredibely limitted all they’ve got is blink, stealth and a permenant (wlell borderline) stasis field.
So however iconic he is it isn’t hard to see the similarities to his HOTS kit and Maiev from WCIII

they share 0 similarities other than that they have a weapon that shots a projectile.

Now I want to see it even more!

1 Like