I wish the soap map left a clean trail

like. i really want to just have a noticeable clean trail wherever my soap mount goes.
also maltheal rework but soap first.

6 Likes

Why Malthael rework? :thinking:

2 Likes

Imagine for example passing between the enemy’s minion waves to steal their camp/backdoor or something, anything but then the trail is exposing you since they will get vision there eventually from minions.

I know its an easy fix, still :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They could make the trail only seen by your own team.

6 Likes

That’s what I was thinking too Froggy. Well the OP’s idea is rather cute I think, but I don’t see them making this change. :frowning:

2 Likes

A cute idea that benefits the game in no other ways other than cosmetics, where we don’t really need it right now.

Sorry Minky, but this game’s contents are dry.

1 Like

That’s why I said “I don’t see them making this change” as it’s just cosmetic and they don’t have the funding/manpower to make niche cosmetic changes such as that.

I was just acknowledging it was a cute idea from the OP. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally think he’s just overdue. it screams old. i dont think he has ever seen a rework in his time in hots right?

facts but what if its a trail is from one of the enemy soap bars? adds a level of confusion.

1 Like

You can always check.

He did get a Rework in 2018. But since that he’s overall in a good spot. No need to be changed much.

How often do you see the soup mount excluding your potential own?

1 Like

valid point. but after this tweak goes into effect id expect many soap mounts!
id also like a soup bowl mount now pls.

where in 2018? I can only find some big boi changes in 2018-02-06

i dont think that he’s in a good place. My personal opinion is I won’t play that hero without a dedicated healer/main tank on my team at all team fights. he just gets focused and burned way too quickly. ontop of that he is just countered so heavily by stuns.

That’s probably the Rework I was referring to. He got a reworked AA and changed Heroics.

You mean in QM?
That’s your choice. I do play him solo Q QM.

But… he has Unstoppable :thinking:

It sounds like a lack of skill with the Hero tbh.

only at 13 and with active marks. that’s the key issue with it, if you are stunned before a single auto-attack or ult proc your squishy health bar is shredded.

yes in QM. you feel the diff tho with the main tank and a healer on your team right? and with him taking a " bruiser " role the QM selection slots you in as a potential tank.
i fear that is a direct problem as well, the classification as a bruiser misleads the algorithm so heavily when he has never truly been a bruiser. hes a melee assassin if anything

yea not big enough to be considered a rework. id like more changes overall and even some abilities redesigned.

You need no Marks. It removes the Marks. Not consume, remove.
(If that’s an issue you can combo it with TS.)

There is difference. But not important, meaningful difference. My job is just easier with Tanks and Healers (despite the enemy having more CC then, which is your concern).

As a Bruiser main, with lvl 51 on Malthael and 60% wr in PvP, I disagree on him not being a Bruiser. He has a lot of survivability. More than Assassins. He can also sololane and rather safely dive the backline, things that are also often done by Bruisers.

It affected him largely, changed his Kit, that’s a Rework in my books.

He has a good kit with one of the best talentree, so I don’t want to see a Rework on him.

before we get started can we tone the vibe down a little?

my mistake. just hopped in try mode to test it. yea it allows you even at zero marks.

i disagree. it’s a very meaningful and important difference in enjoyment also in playstyles. I have the most fun with the character if it’s with a healer and a tank.

as a bruiser main compare it to the other bruisers. I see malth with the weakest survivability in team fights out of all the bruisers. especially without a healer or the main tank. however, I see him choosing fights, engaging, and disengaging on the backline as an assassin would. he’s also the only bruiser without a CC.
you didn’t talk about that last part either. how as a bruiser he is placed in the matchmaking “tank” role.

compare it to the other heroes who have been reworked. it’s not as drastic but ill give an inch in calling it a simi rework.

Possible to just google stuff like this as well.

You said that’s the key issue with it, so would be cool knowing how you see it now.

That’s fine. And not surprising considering he does have an easier job then. I personally enjoy some challenges.

Since his mobility and insane sustain, he’s really good at surviving. Better than some other Bruisers.

He has an option for technically a perma aoe Slow. That’s CC. But true that he’s the only without hard CC.

Because he isn’t. Malthael in QM faced against Bruisers or M.Assassins by the rules.

Or you think that he “needs to tank” cuz he’s the only “frontline”? Is this about ppl expecting non-Tank Heroes to tank because they’re Melee?
I was expected to “tank” as a non-stacked Butch as well, but that doesn’t mean I should.
But Malthael (based on HP stats and my own success) can do well even despite these expectations and forced roles. I do “tank” as him. Going in and gathering aggro.

2 seconds so you have to use it wisely. if they play around it, it’s still an issue but nice to have this key issue solved sorta. thanks for the advice you punchable person.

I disagree. I think other bruisers have an easier time in team fights with less sustain because they have a larger health pool and cc.

that’s not ive been seeing. he takes the tank spot because of his bruiser tag. like all other bruisers do.

no, I believe the rules place malth and other bruisers into the tank role when searching for a match.

Only Tanks and Varian are selected for the Tank role in QM. If Tanks are present, Bruisers are not guaranteed to be matched.
If there are no Tanks Bruisers get matched.
Thrall, Rag, Xul and Malthael can be matched against M.Assassins instead of Bruisers according to the QM MM.

Every other situation, when there is a Bruiser on one team but a Tank on the other is the MM failing to find a good match and throws some rules out.

So Malthael based on the MM rules should never be the tank and shouldn’t face Tanks alone.

aight everything i said is wrong.
still want a rework.

And I hope he gets none because he doesn’t need it.

truly? hes perfect in every way?