I think I've had enough

I played ranked again after a couple of years.

win the first 15 games in a row up to silver 4, (on a 1 year old account, because my old account got banned)
Then the matmachaking put players on my team that I didn’t think could exist.
suicides who walked towards the towers, players with 27% winrate, yes 27.
people who don’t respect the roles, just choose the hero they want to play with, regardless of the composition of the team.

likewise in qm a broce 5 and GM can’t be in the same game because it’s frustrating for both.

Not to mention that since the last update the game crashes on Windows 11, I think it’s the firewall.

In the end, this was all I could bear.

Although it is a very well designed game, it is very poorly managed.

this is over for me.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear, but this game isn’t going to get any better, it’s going to get worse and worse. And subjectively, since the player base is getting smaller and some new players are coming, the matches will get worse the matchmaking can’t satisfy their own rules then the last resort is just putting random players at any skill in a game and hope for the best

Alot of poor decisions have been made with this game, it’s a great game but they drilled it into the ground.

I go on and off with this game mainly cause of the blizzard characters cause i grew up with them.

Either way, take a break, come back but don’t expect anything to change.

2 Likes

Understandable. Many people list experiences such as yours, consistent big winning streak…then the corrective algorithm kicks in. But many defenders of the game don’t acknowledge that reality since their mind exists in an alternate reality.

I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time. Bronze/Silver/Gold and even Plat ranks are filled with smurf accounts these days. With rank stacking that allows people to group 2 ranks apart, only adds to uneven match quality in what should be the strictly competitive mode of Hots.

Unless Microsoft decides to revive Hots, there isn’t much that will change this.

A false assertion. The majority of people posting on these forums have expressed issues with the Matchmaker at some point. When it comes to the notion of “Forced 50%” too many players prove this to be somewhat false by either having a winrate far above 50% or far below.

This is why you almost never see a Master, GM or Diamond player on these forums complaining about a “rigged” system, because there isn’t one.

1 Like

It’s important to understand that both high levels players and a dishonest system can exist simultaneously.

There are players at lower ranks that have a far higher winrate than 50%, so it would seem this “dishonest” system isn’t all that effective.

2 Likes

Well, winning 15 games in a row after not playing for years is not normal. Though that part didn’t bother you obviously lol.

You’re lucky you dodged all the trolls in Bronze. But keep in mind, matchmaking is not based on win rate. Also, bad players can equally be either on your team or the enemy’s. You played 15 games with them on the enemy team. So having a few games with them on your team is not unrealistic.

I can assure you, I can lose games, and the system doesn’t do anything to help me win.
Also, with a corrective algorythm, how can a player with 27% WR exist? The very type of players people complain about, while also complaining of a forced 50% system?

Keep in mind also that even 10+ win and loss streak games are perfectly natural in the realm of statistics, even when the true chance of something is 50%. These win and loss streaks are often what people point to as proof that something’s broken, which is simply not true. If you were to flip a coin 10,000 you would not get heads, then tails, then heads, then tails again over and over. Over those 10,000 times you would get each result half the time overall, but you would see streaks of getting heads or tails. This is also true for players who are at their appropriate MMR but still get streaks. It’s not that the matchmaker is broken, it’s just how things are. Also keep in mind that people have good and bad days, and sometimes decide to throw or to try extra hard to win. These behavior changes on an individual game level are impossible to predict and account for, which is why some games, even when they should be evenly matched, can still easily be blowouts.

This is just scratching the surface of how these things work, but again, for a TL:DR:

1. The idea that the matchmaker forces you to win or lose after having streaks is completely false
  2. Having a 50% win rate over time does happen and is “true” in that it’s the result of the matchmaker finding your proper place in the game over time
2 Likes

I’ve been at a winrate of 57% for almost 950 games as vikings, if there is a system in place to force 50%, it is able to be dealt with.

It’s not hard to win 10-12 games with a new account. If you don’t know this, just admit it. Multiple people are telling you from firsthand experience lol.

I agree you can lose and but the system does help you win, you’re just not following the pattern. 27% WR can exist if they continually cause the loss.

Multiple people have had loss streaks with new accounts from firsthand experience.

But if winning multiple games is not hard, I guess keep winning?

The devs have explained multiple time, including the one I quoted, that there is no such system. People just chose to believe it because it gives them something to blame.

Imagine, if the game had to make you win after a set amount of losses (And why isn’t that number the same for everyone?) It would have to match you based on average MMR, then match all 5 players based on their recent results, then also find 5 players that have “won too much” , all in the same MMR range, to be matched against you so they can all lose.

If this actually happened, it would take forever to get into any SL game, because the matchmaker would have way too many variables to balance. Also, people who are not on a win or loss streak, would queue in faster than those who are. Is this the case?

The lastpoint is that when you play a “corrrected” game. then you should look into your allies and opponents, and see that all your allies also have been on loss streaks, and all your enemies on win streaks. Is this the case? (Answer: it’s not)

There is no system. Sometimes your allies know what they’re doing, sometimes they don’t.

1 Like

Always wanted to watch a game between two troll teams with 0-20% winrate. Game would likely last forever.

As much I would agree on this the game itself is to blame too. It dont teach players how to play this game and new accounts can walk straight into QM without knowing what to do and those players gets matched together with high lvl accounts that are forced to carry them.

In the end it create an unbalanced game that both new and veterans wont enjoy.

1 Like

My guess is that one guy would want to kill and destroy things, and would get structures down for his team.

EIther that or everyone would disconnect and the game would draw.

I LOVE the Blizzard universe and I think all the games hold a decent entertainment value.
HOWEVER
All Blizzard games require you to become a “LIFER” to experience success.
While I have played Blizzard games for 15 (going on 16) years I never became a lifer as a person who plays 10,12, 16 hours a day and then watches youtube videos on the same game.
And I have never experienced real success.
To many people I AM a lifer since I’ve been playing these games for so long but to me I have always been a casual.
To have success in ANY Blizzard games you must commit yourself 100% to the game or be prepared to receive mediocre results.
And while it may have taken almost 16 years to arrive at this conclusion I think I need to permanently walk away from games that make me feel bad.

How many other games can a person play for over 15 years and not experience success unless the game is just designed to make sure the casual player never experiences it?
Will always love the Blizzard universe and the rich story.
But I feel ya

Exactly.
Same thing keeps pulling me back into these games

Okay so you’re upset after winning 15 games in a row? How many games did you lose in a row afterwards?

In silver, comp doesn’t really matter as much as you think. I’ve won with 4 bruiser 1 healer comps before, 5 assassins, 1 bruiser 3 assassin and 1 heal, and with 4 assassin 1 heal or whatever. You don’t need standard comps to win.

As for the feeding though, yeah some players are just that childish.

If you think its the firewall, make sure you checked the private network check box, but that’s rarely an issue. Make sure your drivers are up to date and windows is updated.

1 Like

I don’t think it all really matters at this stage with the game in maintenance mode.

If you enjoy playing it, keep playing it.

If you don’t it’s probably a good idea to stop playing it like the op.

What’s the point in putting a game in maintenance mode under the microscope and criticising it.

All of the negativity towards the game at this point is a little weird.

Makes more logical sense for the small player base that still like playing the game to continue discussing it and encouraging new players, rather than having to read bitter people complaining about it constantly.

3 Likes

I agree, which is why we are discussing it. Dissent doesn’t bother anyone, it’s why you’re here discussing it too. All good.

If people enjoyed playing this game since 2018 when HGC was removed then you will still enjoy it now. Nothing has changed since HGC stopped other than longer time in between hero release and balance/bug patches. People still find matches pretty quick in QM and ARAM and ranked is still alive.

Unranked is properly the only dead game mode now.

1 Like

by teammates forcing them to play heroes they don’t know, don’t like, for example.

What would you want the system to do? 27% winrate is 2 net losses every 4 matches, a steady decline in rank. Would you automatically just demote everyone with a rolling window of 2:8 to absolute zero rank? Ban their accounts? Put them in pariah queue?

Oh yes, I know. I keep asking for role queue in ranked. That’s it. I’m in the mood for Anub’arak, put me in as tank. Great, I’ve played 3, now I have 6 priority tickets to queue as assassin. First pick Li-Ming exclusive mains, good luck waiting 20 minutes per match.

Except, they’ll be like me. Oh, I have to play tank. Not in the mood. But I have to check the box. Let’s put in some Netflix and lose 3 games. (I quit on first loss.)

But seriously, I have 30% winrate this season with tanks, and people want me to tank.
Meaning, 27% winrate people are perfectly fine and welcome!

Besides, my QM rank - where I play random heroes, including those I don’t like or absolutely fail - is well above my SL rank. I don’t fancy SL these days but if I did, I would be bronze (down from high gold, including last season’s peak). In QM, I’m fine playing with golds. If I take it seriously, platinums. Less these days because you can’t just flip-flop between B5 mindset offered for your bad hero ranked around Bronze 28 and hyper mindset on beloved hero ranked around Diamond 2.

What does it mean? It means that SL as a system cannot always reliably capture one’s skill, nor can it offer fun where players enjoy themselves.

Yes, OP needed to vent, that’s okay, but move on.

Based on my experience with both these forums and WoW, people try to escape real life and find themselves as Ready Player One, the superstar here.

Most players - including me - want a reliable, winnable game, definitely above 50% and definitely not chance-based. PvE games like D3 rifts do that.

People with healthy lives just load up these games to have a bit of fun, either they do or just express that it didn’t deliver, it’s pointless.

People with unhealthy lives either find their success here - and cling to it - or fail and basically dump all their frustration about the universe on this escape.

Not a single movie is about Ready Player Two who didn’t win the game, didn’t win the girl, didn’t get the job, and so on. Combined with silly modern mantras such as you are perfect, you are awesome, you can do it. So people have this mindset, they are indeed perfect, they can do it, so obviously, if they lose a match in Heroes, it’s 100% the universe, the game, the teammates (who are just imaginations, thus can be imperfect), but one thing is sure: not them.

I have this picture ahead of me of a 2-3 year old playing, something doesn’t work and then the kid starts flailing and thrashing everything. Bad game, bad game! :laughing:

most of us try to improve ourselves, in our lives: work, family, sports, (including electronic sports), trying to overcome our limitations.

For example, many disabled people are an example of life, which show us that it is possible to improve and improve despite everything.

Others think the same as you. they are just failures.

Hey, you see that loser, ignore him, don’t look at him, don’t let him come close.

in real life you can avoid them, but not here.

matchmaking puts them on your team.

I’m just saying that the devs. They should have taken this “rule of life” into account when they programmed the matchmaking code.

It would have been better for everyone.

For example, if we were in the game you would report me for telling you this, but in real life you couldn’t do anything.

1 Like