What changes would you like to see in Probius, so you'd play it?

Probius is the least popular hero (at 0,77% popularity, where the 2-nd least popular is Hammer, sitting at 2,18%), and for a good reason. And yet the devs clearly refuse to do ANYTHING about this.
I’ve already suggested several times:

• Give it 2-3 charges to his trait, so it doesn’t need 12-24 seconds to set up for a team fight that outbursts suddenly, or when it needs to change its position.
  • Give it 1 second of uninterruptable time on its Z, so it doesn’t get canceled by incidental damage, and so it could be used for repositioning in a fight.
  • Give its pylons the healing fountains treatment, where they get a lot of regeneratable shield, at the cost of reduced health.

These simple changes will not make it much more powerful, but will make it a lot more comfortable to play, as well as a bit more reliable :stuck_out_tongue:
I fail to understand devs’ reason behind their refusal to touch the least popular hero!

EDIT:
Remembered 1 more thing that could be done:

• Allow it to place his Turret even if it’s not near a Pylon. This will remove the delay of having to wait for a Pylon to activate before placing a Turret, which also has a delay before it activates :stuck_out_tongue:
11 Likes

Probius is really strong, but at the same time one of the hardest heroes to play, hence his low popularity. I am amazed by some people being so good at playing him, because I tried him few times and it was a disaster.

I guess that to make him more popular a rework would be needed.

2 Likes

Woah, where did it say they refuse to? Genuinely asking because that would be troubling.
There are many ways to enhance probius’s playability. I think they just don’t see this as the top priority to handle quite yet. I think Nova’s rework is a bit more important as of now.

1 Like

I actually agree with these changes.

1 Like

I agree with all your changes, but just for fun I’d throw in some talent changes. Maybe spread out his pylons buff allies talent to different tiers so he can have a support build. Also I think a level 16 talent where his pylons get stealth would be fun. Idk if those would be balanced but just brainstorming here

1 Like

They didn’t say it, but they are showing it with their inaction :stuck_out_tongue:
Probius has been in this place for years now… there have been many reworks and blances, but all of them missed Probius. It’s obvious, that the devs don’t wanna touch this hero.

That’s an interesting idea :stuck_out_tongue:
I do agree that his current level 16 talents aren’t worthy of being level 16, which is supposed to be a powerful tier :stuck_out_tongue:

Probius needs a rework, not bandaid. His kit has the opposite of synergy, an unhealthy dependence. And he’s got two of those! His cannon won’t work if your trait doesn’t power it and without Q the vortex is just a puddle of minor annoyance. And the Q itself is meh. Of course with time to prepare you can make a space nigh impassable but you damn better be sure that the enemy won’t, you know, just go around it.

Probius is kinda like old Gaz or analingus: not the best option for most situations and moderately off-putting for all but the extreme minority who claim it’s the best.

8 Likes

Ah, that does check out.
Also, if they are going in the tlv direction and want probius to be on par with the same value, they should probably give it the ability to teleport to its pylons. There are many different ideas, all of which are great and to be frank anything affecting him positively is welcome no matter what it is in my honest opinion.

I’d love to see the hero included in the next patch but I won’t hold my breath. Someday maybe, when we’re leaning on our canes and rocking ourselves in our chairs :laughing:

1 Like

He is surely strong in the right hands but don’t yall think 0,77% pick rate is a bit too niche?

I wish he was a bit more… Accessible to the ordinary player. Like a normal pick in a normal draft.
Not just someone you see once in a blue moon when a Master player who mains Probius happens to pick him.

5 Likes

Even pros are hesitant to pick it. It was one of the very few heroes that weren’t played at all in Meta Madness, where the hero pool is drastically reduced.

2 Likes

I suspect this is due to Probius being a “weaker rexxar” in that he has seldom had a negative winrate at higher skill levels, but isn’t as generically strong.

IDK the solution, just the issue is Probius probably needs nerfs if he went purely by real stats that Blizzard gets.

Do you want to buff an OP hero?
Listen pal, 99% of players can’t understand how ridiculous strong he is and they keep asking for buffs but the probe in his current state is probably the best mage in the game. He struggles in QM but in draft he is a monster, also, The CD of his pylons is fine and if you put shields on them you’ll only make them more complicated when they already have access to shields.
Most people have issues with his Z but is rare to be hit with Probius and I think this is an example of players overextending. Z is for mobility and switch lanes, the probe has 10% passive speed that allows him to escape most of the roster, if you get caught it’s because of your poor positioning.

It annoys me how much people can’t understand Probi and how they prefer to just ask for buffs instead of learn to play him.

indeed.

2 Likes

Because he is balanced, but hard to play? Some guys would even say he is op, when the player knows how to play him…

1 Like

correction:
hard to play
stronger than average at a high level
bizarre to watch

1 Like

Developers refuse to touch Nova too :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I really doubt that nerfs will increase its tiny popularity…

I also doubt that people will start playing Probius more often, if I learned how to play it properly.

Yet Nova has had more changes in the recent years than Probuis.

1 Like

And that is the issue.

The probe is strong.
Just only at top level.
He doesn’t need buffs at that level.

It makes buffing him hard. :frowning:
a in reality he statistically needs nerfs (likely).

I don’t see Nova leaving Trash tier after those changes tbh.

And that’s why I’m proposing QoL changes, that will make it more comfortable to play by lower skill players, but wouldn’t make it much more powerful :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I also think that Nova needs at least a small rework. However, she’s a lot more popular than Probius is.

1 Like

But 2 of the three “QoL” changes are straight buffs for normal play?

I do think the third one wouldn’t be a meaningful buff for higher level play overall, bad makes sense in both balance and lore perspective: