I hate Yrel as a character

The only BE Paladin I ever rolled was named Feanor and was a Jewelcrafter :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I almost hate to admit it, but my second most played toon in WoW is in fact a belf pally with the anime hair. Fortunately for me, he is prot, not ret, and while I do PvP on him at times, I don’t bother with duels. And because he is prot, I really can tank raid bosses. Really.

Bonus points for me, because his name means “eye candy” in Hawaiian.

2 Likes

Heh, we’d all by lying to ourselves if we said we all never had a belf pally. Mine was the other stereotype: A female with… promiscuous… choice of armor mog… However, she was prot/holy. I don’t blame you, Prot Pallies are fun.

However…

means you have, through strict competition, acquired sole ownership of all things internet for the next 24 hours. Well played lol, that is indeed fitting for a male belf pally. It just fits. You’d have to have WoW’d to understand why, but it just simply fits.

3 Likes

Nah it’s all about that sunwalker life :sunglasses:

But in reality I’ve never had one past lvl 30 because I think they’re boring. Real paladins these days are dark iron dwarves.

Those space goats sure do love their big crystal hammers.

4 Likes

I will personally be unsatisfied with anything branded ‘Ret Paladin’ in HotS unless it has the following:

• Holy Power as a secondary resource capping at 5 with one charge generated per damaging ability landed
  • Judgement as ranged opener/poke that gives at least 30% movespeed bonus
  • Exorcism procs baybee, ranged burst damage procs
  • Crusader Strike. Idc make it an AA proc since this is a MOBA QWER game and buttons are valuable
  • Templar’s Verdict as a finishing damage ability to consume Holy Power
  • Word of Glory, a heal that consumes Holy Power and usable on self/ally
  • Hammer of Wrath - GFTT-style finisher only available below certain % health
  • Flash of Light as a highly-mana-costly self-heal (and mana regens fast) that can be buffed through ability usage to apply even greater heals to allies at fractions of the cost
  • Hand of Freedom, give that s#!t back Yrel
  • BOP (probably not coming to this game, same with LoH)
  • AVENGING WRATH (give it back Yrel) - perma-max Holy Power for 8s or something to spam Templar’s Verdict and Hammer of Wrath with glorious wings of Light blazing at your back
  • Fist of Justice: Uther has the other one so I guess ret would get the upgraded version. RANGED 5-SECOND STUN FOR BALANCE

Give me that sweet piano build

Rets don’t deal damage, so she fits.

1 Like

Imperius is the closest we have to a Ret Paladin.

Righteous Anger, Smiting Evil, Boisterous Attitude, Zealotry, crazy burst damage, strong defensive abilities, uses holy power. Oh, and he’s a friggin’ angel.

1 Like

wat

Wait until she screams another triumph for the alliance.

While she’s on the horde side.

I played Anduin on horde side in AV already. It felt so weird xD

Every time I play Rehgar I seem to be on the alliance side. Which is super weird when using the Drek’thar skin. I swear it’s intentional.

2 Likes

we dont need solo lane god yrel back thanks. She is honestly pretty good right now.

1 Like

Outside of wings their damage is kinda unremarkable. They’re duelling Kings as always, but sustained? Eh. Alright, but nothing amazing. Rets have this issue they’ve always had. If their “Big cds are up” they’re completely anti fun, their damage is stupid under wings, they get immunity and a full heal. Nobody likes playing against that.

If they’re not up, the ret paladin is essentially a mediocre melee class which is quite easy to kite and somewhat fragile.

If they wanna make a ret paladin concept faithful to the game make it an excellent duller with a long CD heroic which is essentially unbeatable with it up but pretty eh without it. Also give other high CD abilities with skew fights heavily in their favour. If they’re up, the fight is anti fun for the opponent. If they’re not, it’s the case for the paladin. It’s dangerous char design.

I think they could keep the flavor of a burst window without making it a super binary “OP mode” on/off. In WoW I recall paladins being the melee who had to kite other melee and could because of movement speed + poke damage, it was the ranged damage dealers who generally had no problem kiting pallies, esp. warlocks. Mages you could counterplay with well-timed Emancipates.

Also for OP moves like LoH/BoP, they could honestly leave out LoH (maybe as a 20 that was a little more complicated than “full heal someone”) and change BoP to a very short duration phys armor/immunity and gated behind lv. 13 or smth.

If they were classed as a Support, like Zarya, I would be content. They would be too squishy to be bruisers and too healy to be assassins (imo for this game)

1 Like