I hate Yrel as a character

But she most likely is the closest thing to a WoW Ret Paladin we get.

Help

1 Like

Ret? I see her more as prot.

7 Likes

I still find it weird that they have her a two handed (ret style), but her actual gameplay is on the tanky side (prot).

I love her as a character though and her HotS version fits her lore version.

I got no problem wih her and like her design. Just her kit/talents are a bit odd. I would really like to see a baseline full-load effect for all her abilities (not just W) that can be changed or enhanced via talents.

Also maybe a low end sustain for the team baseline, which can then be improved with the level 4 talent.

1 Like

According to blizzard’s own statistics, yrel has a 45% winrate.

Which is pretty bad, hope blizzard buffs her. Blizzard’s acceptable winrate range is 45-55%. She is right at the very bottom of blizzard’s acceptable winrate range

For ret pally (Yrel seems more prot considering her tankiness) I would totally be fine if they casually just slipped in cough cough Liadrin, who may or may not be my favorite character in WoW lore but who knows :slightly_smiling_face:
She could play more like a melee assassin with some ranged abilities mixed in

You mean the girl who wears a shield and should therefore be the prot?
Don’t give Blizzard ideas!

1 Like

Backwards is forwards, this is getting out of hand!

1 Like

She is a real ret pally because of the dmg output :smiley: (Classic WoW Retpally)

2 Likes

What exactly does a “Ret” pally do?

All I understand is that they deal damage (which is kinda what yrel does but it’s more like the drawn out sort of damage like other bruisers) but nothing else.

I know but I don’t see real Retridins being added (unless Tirion is close).

They use a two-handed weapon to deal some burst damage and they have a lot of defensive-supportive abilities. Yrel maybe lacks a little bit of that burst damage :smiley:

1 Like

Ret pallies are generally a mix of buff bot and insane burst damage. Usually you run a ret pally when you want sort of a support melee damage dealer. In that sense, Yrel is more ret than prot, but her actual kit and playstyle feels more like a warrior than a paladin. The bouncing around and knocking people around isn’t really how a paladin plays.

4 Likes

That kinda sounds like imperius

Imperius lacks in the supportive area compared to paladins in my opinion.

3 Likes

Unlike Imperius, paladins are known for buffs they can give other people on their team. For example, Hand of Freedom in Yrel’s kit is a standard paladin tool. They also have mana regen buffs they can give to healers, damage redirection tools (Hand of Sacrifice, where damage is split between the friendly target and the paladin), and so on.

“Am I dedicated to the Protection of my allies, or do I bring Retribution to our enemies? Honestly, I’m not that into labels.”

5 Likes

Just give the people want they want.

Put in a ret pala with real ret skills.

2 Likes

Is that an actual quote of her?

If yes it’s one more reason for my hate.

You guys forgot the defining characteristics of Ret Pallies!

They are racially blood elves, have names like xXSephirothXx, think they can tank raid bosses (quickly becomes obvious they cannot), will always offer to duel you even if no one was talking about anything close to that (thus, proving they are great at PvP because PvP is totally balanced around duels mmmk?) and use hairstyles that can only be described as “anime”. Bonus points for not being able to play any other specs/classes.

:rofl:

1 Like