I got leaver status even though I did not abandon the match

Hey every kind human being who would be able to help me!

Recently I played a brawl match where my internet speed struggled to connect to HOTS. At the final moments of the game the usual reconnecting window popped up, nothing special. What ended up happenning is: HOTS did not count my brawl as played/ counted me as abandoning the match, therefore receiving leaver status. I did not intend to leave my team behind nor disconnect from the game. I would really appreciate if someone would be able to help with the issue (assuming it is possible). I don’t want to struggle to win 3 matches again.

It’s your personal problem. Does not matter if you left intentionally or had the misfortune of dropped connection, the match may have been ruined for 9 other players and you wasted their time.

The leaver penalty is not a punishment and you stop viewing it as such. There is also a threshold on how much and how often you can do this before the system catches you. The penalty does not start at 3 games immediately either.

If there wasn’t a criteria to win the matches to begin with, leavers would simply leave against each other and nothing would improve. No one can help you and nothing you described is a an actual bug.

If you are experiencing technical or internet problems, there’s a sub section for that as well and there are many people who will be glad to help you troubleshoot.