I can't believe I'm asking this but

is Pokemon unite more like heroes or Dota and LoL
if it’s the later I shan’t bother and play heroes as my only Acceptable moba

My roommate played unite for a while so heres his thoughts. He went from loving it at first to absolutely hating it over time. Its another case of the game being decently fun but it seriously holds it self back its out of game systems.

Items are a lot like leagues rune system except items must be unlocked or bought with real money. Then they must be level up many many times in order to really be useful. Leveling items can also be done with real money. Items are very powerful and you can’t get away with not having them.

The time to kill is very fast and the game auto aims skill shots (things can still be dodged with well timed direction reversals but its nigh impossible to juke peoples abilities). There are also few ways to contribute to a game without putting your self at risk.
The games feel very snowbally because of this and especially if a teammate is feeding, its very hard to catch up.

The game also really pushes you to play ranked. Some daily quests and events require you to play and win ranked games. My roommate made it all the way to that games master rank equivalent on a free account so its not impossible to climb if your dedicated enough but even with his success he didn’t have fun with it.

Last thing he wanted to mention is virtually every pokemon released sense launch has been broken op and they are often slow to nerf them down to normal levels.

I didnt play nearly as long as my roommate did but heres my thought on the game:

Roommate says the progression stuff has been fixed enough that a dedicated free to paly player can keep up but it still rubs me the wrong way that theres still a bit of pay to win in there.

4 Likes

Think of it like Blackheart’s Bay except the turn ins are the enemy forts. Its pretty fun I just didn’t play it often because no one I know plays it and I sold my nintendo switch because it was collecting dust.

Having a controller interface was new and took a little bit of learning to get it but I think its pretty fun. I would say its closer to hots than LoL/Dota though.

3 Likes

yeah Life’s too short and Leafon has snuggled too deeply into my heart for, what sounds like LoL unpleasantness on steroids, to rip him out and snap his neck
suffice to say I won’t be trying it

All I know its P2W unironically where people who whale hard on stats have an advantage over the most, dunno if this is still true anymore.

It’s a p2w mess is what I heard.
My opinion is: on first impression I found it very unattractive in terms of appearance.

1 Like