[Hr] Rexxar Rework - CDC#10

Rexxar, Son of the Mok’Nathal

I Thought it was weird that Rexxar didn’t have abilities much like a Beastmaster, that he is.He’s based on more like a WoW Beast Mastery Hunter and like his Warcraft 3 self.

Because of his Mok’Nathal heritage, he would be based between a Tank and Bruiser, depending on what pet and style you want on Talent 1, that enables engagements and provides friendly utility.

Skins:

Mad Skull Rexxar: Rexxar is part of the Laughing Skull Clan and so is naturally crazy and strange. He’d be still a good hunter, but with a little wacky on the side, giving immature jokes and/or giggling a lot behind the serious tone like sarcasm.He would still have his mask, but with a Mask on, probably more scars and a lot more bones on him. Misha would be Haratha the Wolf, Leokk would be Nisha the Dread Raven and Huffer would be Puffer the still Boar. His Hearth would be him saying he must go and him cuddling Keepers the Rat.Q would turn into Ravagers, W would still be Spirit, and E would have some sort of effect with Skuuls, varying between pet and Rexxar screaming about what hes doing as well. Stampede would be a bunch of Ryalk with their Breath and instead of Bestial Ferocity’s Roar, Rexxar would Scream and chuckle about it.
His mount(unique or not) can be Budgy the Clefthoof.

Deathstalker Rexxar: Based of the Hearthstone Hero Card, Rexxar would be a servant of Undeath, him and his beasts that followed him through Death, who would serve Bloodreaver Gul’Dan.(possible open-up for Hearthstone-themed skins to happen.) His animals would either be Undead versions of themselves or even Zombeasts potentially.His voice would be a slow and creepy one like the Lich King’s. Stampede’s trail might be the Plague trailing off some Zombeasts and the Bestial Ferocity’s roar could be an eerie note and Rexxar saying"Start Running Prey".

Side-note, Rexxar’s model in general would be still big, but slimmer, considering he looks kinda oafish and his mask doesn’t look like it’s furry, but just like a rubber mask.

I provided numbers for some abilities to show how they’re not so overpowered.

Stats:
Health is now 2200
(from 1810)
I want him to have good health, but not just him tanking hits.
Same stats.
He now has 100 Focus instead of Mana.
About 3 Focus per second

D:Last of the Mok’Nathal
Rexxar gains a +5% damage buff and emits an aura that grants +5% movement speed to Rexxar and Allied Heroes, scaling per nearby Enemy Hero.

Q:
Quillbeast Rush
20 Focus CD of 11 seconds
Rexxar summons 3 Quilbeasts to run forward and stab Enemy Mercs and Heroes, Stunning for 1 Second. Q can be triggered again to have them launch quills in a cone, bleeding all hit. A Quilbeast will spawn with a base attack and health, but both increase by 25% per hero and Mercs hit. Duration of 20 seconds.
(Just to clarify, the Quilbeast is designed to be moderate at first, but gets very powerful, depending on how many heroes and Mercs are hit, like a skillshot-upgraded Monstrosity.)
525 hp
65 Attack

W:
Hawk Soar
15 Focus CD of 22 seconds
Rexxar looses a Hawk ahead of him, able to be controlled to move to a location, providing vision for the team and lasts for 35 seconds. Can be activated to dive at an enemy, damaging the target and slows them by 60% for 1.5 seconds.
155 Damage

E:
25 Focus Cd of 7 seconds
Grizzly Slam(Misha): Deals heavy damage to enemy target, slowing the by 30% for 2 seconds.
Swift Gore(Huffer): Charge at Enemy, knocking target back a small distance and damaging by an additional 50% on impact.
Bloody Cleave(Leokk): Strike in a small cone, bleeding targets hit.
When the Talented Pet dies, this ability is replaced by Revive Pet, costing 40 Focus and take 3.5 seconds to cast, but re-summons the Pet.(Pet has death timer like other players, so motive tor revive them for the ability.)

H1:
Stampede
55 Focus Cd of 95 seconds
A Herd of Thunder Lizards charge from the Core, sending a Thunder Lizard down each lane and dealing damage in an area around them, exploding if they hit a Hero and leaving an area that damages enemies.

H2:
Bestial Ferocity
45 Focus Cd of 85 seconds
The Pet gains a +25% damage buff for 12 seconds and damages an Enemy based on which pet it is.
Huffer:The Fierce Boar Charges an Enemy Hero, launching hero back and doubling in damage and stun duration if another Enemy hero is hit during the knockback.
Misha:The Mighty Bear Roars, fearing Enemy Heroes and buffing Allied Heroes with +25% Damage in a radius for 1.75 seconds.
Leokk: The Deadly Wyvern Slashes 3 time forward , dealing large damage in a bleeding effect in a cone in front of Leokk.

LvL 1:

Fang and Claw: Misha follows alongside Rexxar, granting him the Grizzly Slam ability and giving him +15% armor and Health. Misha has +25% armor.1920 hp.
Feel his Tusks: Huffer stays alongside Rexxar, granting him the Swift Gore ability and giving him +10% movement speed and +25% Attack Damage. Huffer himself has +20% movement speed.1510 hp.
Swift and Deadly: Leokk flies alongside Rexxar, making his Basic Attack bleed targets hit by 40% of Rexxar’s Basic Attack Damage and his Vision Radius is increased by 50%. Leokk has +100% Vision radius.1450 hp.

Lvl 4:
Eyes of the Beast:Rexxar is granted control of all his Beasts and Beasts are granted AI to prioritize Heroes or not.
Beast Bond:As long as Rexxar’s Main Beast is alive, they share an increased Health Regeneration of about 2% of Rexxar’s Health per 2 seconds.
Cunning Sacrifice: If Rexxar or another ally is close enough to one of Rexxar’s Beasts, its takes 45% of the damage Rexxar of the Ally receives.

LvL 7:
Leoroxx’s Legacy: (Quest) Last of the Mok’Nathal lasts for 5.5 Minutes.(stacks pet hero affected)Reward: Double the effect of Last of the Mok’Nathal.
Ricochet of Prey: When diving upon an enemy, the Hawk continues in a line, damaging and slowing other enemies by 35% in the path of the Eagle and Eagle Soar now deals +75% more damage to Non-Heroes.
Aspect of the Hawk: After the Hawk dives on a Hero, Rexxar gains +100% Attack Speed for 6 seconds.

LvL 10:
Bestial Ferocity
45 Focus
The Pet gains a +25% damage buff for 12 seconds and damages an Enemy based on which pet it is.
Huffer :The Fierce Boar Charges an Enemy Hero, launching hero back and doubling in damage and stun duration if another Enemy hero is hit during the knockback or half if impacted by wall.
Misha :The Mighty Bear Roars, fearing Enemy Heroes and buffing Allied Heroes with +25% Damage in a radius for 3 seconds.
Leokk : The Deadly Wyvern Slashes 3 time forward , dealing large damage in a bleeding effect in a cone in front of Leokk .

Stampede
55 Focus
A Herd of Thunder Lizards charge from the Core, sending a Thunder Lizard down each lane and dealing damage in an area around them, exploding if they hit a Hero or Fort. Lizards explode on fort for 80% of damage.
650 Damage

Lvl 13:
Serpent’s Venom: All Basic Abilities deal damage over 10 seconds equivalent to 65% of the ability’s damage and stacks. When stacks reaches to 3 stacks, the targets falls asleep for 2 seconds.
Beasts’ Advance:
Quest: Hit 90 Targets(Heroes and Mercs) and stacks with multiple hits on a single cast.
Reward: Quillbeast Rush can be activated again to move a small distance forward and launch quills, spawning another Quilbeast, but with half the upgrade as the first Quillbeast’s.
Talon’s Embrace: The Hawk can now dive upon Allied Heroes, granting them +30% movement speed and +25% Attack Speed for 2.5 seconds and Allied Heroes nearby a Dived Target.

LvL 16:
Cunning Roar: If Rexxar or another ally is close enough to the Quillbeast, its takes 45% of the damage Rexxar of the Ally receives.
Ga’nar’s Sacrifice:When Rexxar reaches 40% Health, his pet gives 65% of his Health to Rexxar. Happens every 15 seconds.
Blackhand’s Lenience: If Rexxar is Stunned, Rooted or Slowed, he will Taunt the Caster if nearby for 3 seconds and remove the effect. Can only happen every 18 seconds.
Intimidation: Last of the Mok’Nathal can be activated to stun Nearby enemies for 2.5 seconds with a CD of 45 seconds.

LvL 20:
Thunder March: Each Thunder Lizard leaves a trail of Thunder, dealing an area of damage for 6.5 seconds. 180 damage per second.
Dire Strength: Rexxar gains 25% Attack Speed and Movement Speed for 12 seconds.
Isolation of Kalimdor: Rexxar and his Beasts stealth when there’s no Enemy Heroes nearby for 3.25 seconds.
Storms of Outland: Rexxar’s Basic Attacks cleave in a cone every other Basic Attack.

2 Likes

I really appreciated that you made a rework of Rexxar, my first reaction to him is quite sad since I expect him to be at least “the” Hots version of that copy-paste Beastmaster of Dota 2, but for some reason we got Rexxar the Dota 2’s Lone Druid of Hots :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Also i did a Rexxar Rework idea before in the old forums, i have a request if you dont mind, can you make his “Survival Mend” summon Haratha and Huelo the wolves as a healing animation?..

Also can you change the name “Eagle Soar” to “Hawk” Soar since its because he has a pet Hawk named Spirit, explains the reason why for the name change…

And please implement both Huffer and Puffer the boars too, maybe turn Puffer into a Quilbeast even though he’s a boar :thinking::sweat_smile: idk…

Also i have a question, how does Bestial Ferocity exactly work?, does he still have companion pet or something with or without this Ult? Cause if he doesn’t have a pet companion in the first place except choosing this ult, then whats the point of Survival Mend and other abilities?

And hopefully, his other pet companions still might be implemented in your rework like Nisha the Dread Raven, Keepers the Rat, and Budgy the Clefthoof, and maybe make Visha, Qisha and Latisha as Talent names!

And lastly i hope your rework idea fix his awful gameplay problem, and that his too reliant on Misha, so much so when Misha dies he’s basically becomes useless even though its not, not to mention i dont like the idea he has no abilities of his own and not just his pets turned into his ability kit, I want to have him a Ability of his own just one is okay, maybe like giving him a Weapon damaging ability of some sort (example like Dota 2s Wild Axes ability of their Beastmaster or anything in particular) so that it shows he is not completely reliant on animals that turned into his abilities…

Sorry for my very bad English :sweat_smile: hopefully you understand what i meant despite this :sweat_smile:

In regards to him having pets, I want it be be based around his main three, Misha Leokk and Huffer, so alternate timeline-based pets like Nisha and Puffer may not be involved, so possibly mentioned. I have an idea for a skin that might an effect that you’d like. but I’m focusing around Main Rexxar, not quite Alternate Rexxar.

(Also i have a question, how does Bestial Ferocity exactly work?, does he still have companion pet or something with or without this Ult? Cause if he doesn’t have a pet companion in the first place except choosing this ult, then whats the point of Survival Mend and other abilities?)
The ult itself shares a consistent effect in the buff and damage, but how it works is different between which pet is chosen.
Look up the WoW Warlock’s Demonic Sacrifice as a way of comparison.

( Cause if he doesn’t have a pet companion in the first place except choosing this ult, then whats the point of Survival Mend and other abilities?)

He already has 3 abilities by himself, but the pet is supposed to engineer him in a way alike to Varian, but more like his backbone and not a playstyle. The pet is passive, but there will be ways to provide a connection between the Hunter and his Pet. Its like a WoW Hunter, in that the Hunter already has abilities, but the Pet is made to improve on what they already have or provide something new to his Arsenal.

Total Score - 14/20

Creativity - 4/5
Quite a few of these changes are interesting. Quillbeast Rush provides a lot of presence and damage for Rexxar, Hawk Soar is a good utility skill similar to Lunara’s Wisp but more active, and the idea of switching his pet to a talent choice to specialize his role will make him a more dynamic hero. New Survival Mend feels a little weird, but I have to question why Stampede is actually just Ragnaros’s Lava Wave… insta-killing minions and damaging heroes down a lane is the exact effect of Lava Wave. His other heroic is fine, but Stampede warrants a point off for Creativity in my opinion.

Cohesiveness - 4/5
I can see that you wanted to transform Rexxar from a two-unit traditional WoW Hunter into a Beastmaster who has a lot of presence through his army of beasts, and overall the kit matches into this playstyle. As I said above, Quillbeast Rush is very impactful and Hawk Soar provides good utility. In this playstyle, though, Survival Mend feels out of place, specifically that it can heal heroes. Absolutely nothing about a bruiser/tank with an army of beasts makes me think of a team healer, and that should definitely be changed.

Thematic - 4/5
I kind of bled Thematic into Cohesiveness, so I will say that the theme for a Beastmaster is on-point, with the exception of Survival Mend, since a Beastmaster healing allied heroes doesn’t make sense thematically.

Interaction - 2/5
Interaction suffers quite a bit from how you chose to implement Rexxar’s Beastmaster identity. I think you could implement his beast army in many ways, but having his trusty pet (which I agree with) in addition to a random swarm of Quillbeasts (I like this much less) makes him overwhelming and unfun to play against. Summons are generally a problem in interactivity, and Quillbeast Rush feels like it just offers too much there.

Thank you for your critiques. I will fix the build based on what you’ve said.

Absolutely nothing about a bruiser/tank with an army of beasts makes me think of a team healer, and that should definitely be changed.
When i had Survival Mend, I wanted it to be mostly for pets, but not to only be using it for heroes. Mainly as a small heal and not based on a build as a Support.

I wanted Stampede to be like Lava Wave, but mostly be Hero-oriented and only triggering it’s aoe effect when hitting a hero.

Just a quick followup

I think this is fine, Rexxar healing his pets works fine for the identity and playstyle, but you should probably remove the hero heal. If you think it makes the ability too bad then feel free to give it some other utility on top of that, but I really don’t think a Beastmaster should be healing non-Beast allies.

Ok. I changed it, but originally, i was following how he’s displayed as Survival and he was helping his Allies Survive.

For me, Rexxar would have been the copypaste of Lone Druid from Dota2.

Now that I’ve learned who you’re talking about, i guess I’ve turned Rexxar into a mix of both, having a passive beast and buffing others and summoning Beasts to do his bidding.

Overall Score

Category Rating
Creativity 3/5
Cohesiveness 3/5
Thematic 4/5
Interaction 1/5
Overall 11/20

Creativity

3/5

Most of the ideas here are fairly creative, but, the Hawk feels too much like a Wisp with a bit more use, and Stampede feels like a mix between Lava Wave and March of the Murlocs. Some of the talents are also a bit bland, like Dire Strength, and it feels like the concept is lacking a Level 4|Tier 2 talent.

Cohesiveness

3/5

Speaking of the Hawk feeling too much like a Wisp with more use, Rexxar’s Level 7|Tier 3 feels kind of… Bad. Not to mention there doesn’t feel like there’s any cohesive talent builds, or any talents that really work together, which encourages diversity, but doesn’t really feel cohesive. Leoroxx’s Legacy(Level 16|Tier 6) also just feels kind of… Bad, with its nature as a Quest that comes so late into the game.

Thematic

4/5

I wasn’t sure where I was going to take this point off of, but, I feel like this is the best place. Multiclass is not a path we should be giving to more heroes, and given how drastically Rexxar can change between pets, this feels more like a Multiclass concept like Varian rather than a Hybrid concept like Kharazim or Uther. Otherwise, thematically, the character design of being a Beastmaster fits, and his abilities fit into that theme well.

Interaction

1/5

Spamming summons is not a particularly interactive experience to fight, which is the major problem with capturing Rexxar’s Beastmaster flavor so accurately. His enemies would quickly tire of working through the constant healthbars of all of his summons, while he’s perfectly safe. In Stampede’s new iteration, at least, under talents, it says it also explodes on Forts, which would give Rexxar infinite global pushing power, which was last seen on the unnerfed BFG on Hammer, which no one liked. Bestial Ferocity seems like a pretty strong option as well, with extreme utility or some decent damage depending on your chosen pet. Misha makes it especially strong, given what I can only seem to assume is a 3 second Fear in an area around Misha, which seems like a more ridiculous Horrify. With how non-specific Rexxar’s level 4|tier 2 talent “Eyes of the Beast” is, I’m wondering if you could control his Stampede heroic with it, which would be absolutely ridiculous, but otherwise just allows Rexxar to be more obnoxious with his basic summons, or, well, his Quillboars, given the other pets, as far as I know, can always be controlled. The last concern here is Dire Strength(Level 20|Tier 7)… Which seems like a permanent, global buff to his allies’ Move and Attack speeds. Which is just busted.

Additional Feedback

I really hope I’m not coming across as aggressive or angry. I’m just trying to give as much honest feedback as I can so that you can improve this concept as much as possible. (^_^’)

When I made the Lvl 4 talents, i wanted the talents to be more defining when relating to two of the mainbuilds, tanking and Summoning. Eyes of the Beast is supposed to give more control over his beasts and Beast Bond gives more tanking potential.

I wanted Hawk Soar to be as you described it, a Wisp with more use, considering the Lvl 7 gives more purpose to the Hawk, depending on whats chosen.

His pets are only controlled by Eyes of the Beast. The Summons aren’t supposed to be dominating, but more like a hindrance or irritant.

Stampede is supposed to be like Lava Wave, but Hero-oriented, rather than Siege-Oriented.It can be tuned to be a little weaker in regards to Lava Wave, but it’s for if there’s a big teamfight or against obj-based pushes.

I want Leorokk’s Legacy to be such a big quest,so that it’s worth it end-game.It’s intended to be late so that it makes Last of the Mok’nathal more relevant later in the match.

Misha’s Fear can be turned down to be more alike Gul’dan’s Horrify.

Total Score - 16/20

Creativity - 4/5
Firstly as a Hunter main in WoW i approve!, now onto my weeks stuff the Mad Skull Rexxar i was half expecting to be that Mad Max style skin but him being part of the Laughing Skulls? thats crazy, though the skin overs might be pushing it hard but i myself enjoy that as a former HoN player, one thing it does have missing is murderous humor which they’re known for, the Deathstalker one is a bonus up since that ones awesome over on HS, kit wise its quite the change to what he use to be but can’t say much there outside i feel neutral on that part other then he sounds like a Beastmaster now.

Cohesiveness - 4/5
Skin wise the designs fit outside of the model changes for Mad Skull Rexxar specially for the detail it has on it.

Thematic - 5/5
The kit mostly fits Beastmaster which is what Rexxar is 100% in WoW (no other Hunter fits tbh) and the skins work for it.

Interaction - 3/5
Interaction wise the skins alone give you a high score, kit wise seems your fighting an army and while this fits him as a character, gameplay it hurts too much to deal with as an enemy.

Thanks for the approval. To clarify for the Creativity, what was the minus about it? Was it how the title was misleading or was it expected to be something else?

Not officially, what would you suggest for the kit itself to make him more enemy-friendly, in your opinion?

Hmmmm i guess make them less viable then say Azmodans summons?, other than that just make them appear in abilities similar to old current Rexxars boar heroic works.

The creativity point was lack of other Fluff xP, weren’t the only one who had that happen and the last few i gotta review once my nets stable again (praying to my providers company thats tomorrow! or else) dont even have them xP so i’d feel sorry for them.

Cammykins - 72/100

Creativity: 7/10
Cohesiveness: 9/10
Thematic: 10/10
Interaction: 3/10
(+2 Thoughtfulness, +0 Game Fluidity)

I would like a rexxar rework (or maybe another hero?) where you have flare by default and it is possible at 1st level to chose between survival - marksmen - beatmastery. A bit like varian, something meaningful for the play style and also buffing him a bit.

Survival: parry and life regen
Marksmen: more range or AS or flat dmg
Beastmaster: bonuses to misha.

Spirit swoop can benefit from the minion damage without the need of a talent, there are anyway dozens of basic abilities from other characters that can clear so or better.

To be honest, only Bm and/or Survival can work for Rexxar, but Marksmanship can be ultimately represented by Nesingwary. Besides that, the talents might be too spread if directly based on 3 different builds. and the Hawk talents were base don giving purpose to using it more.

Why you say so? It d be just a help to make less suboptimal hero good at soaking with the possibility of having other feats.
He clearly needs a buff up, as vikings do, as uther does, as zagara does, as gazlowe does, as a ton of suboptimal heroes do.
People just look the other way and pretend all heroes are good, despite statistics at hand on higher ranks vast majority are picking ranged assassins and in general always the same 10-20 heroes are played.
Obvious reality being ignored - hey this should be a tassadar feat xD

Wow, nice concept!!!

1 Like

What did i say about what?