How to improve Tyrandes talent tree the ez way

(maybe not so ez but still)

First of all, her current “meta” build is fine, maybe with an exception of 1 and 7. Those 2 were switched a while ago as some sort of nerf, but it didnt work out. Raw healing is more useful early game, while armor/“cleanses” are more useful later, especially right before lvl 10. But I guess this is detail.

Secondly, unpopular talents at higher tiers are not exactly a bad thing. Everlasting Light / Trueshot Aura / Moonlit Arrows / Quickening Blessing are not optimal picks, but consistent and easy to use. Its good when heroes got such talents, when you are new to Tyrande or comps/QM kicks you in the nuggets (when nothing else works).

So, Tyrande is missing competetive talents/build.

Why D talents do not really work? Because those are talents that give you more value the longer enemy is alive, while trait alone is supposed to help you melt enemy as soon as possible. This is some major lack of synergy. D talents rely on “playing bad” (by design).
Now, for the sake of argument, without getting into details, change all D talents into W talents. Suddenly, it gets much better.

Mark of Mending
Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal her for 2% of her maximum Health. Basic Attacks against targets with Hunter’s Mark heal the attacker for 2% of their maximum Health.

After change

Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal her for 2% of her maximum Health. Basic Attacks against targets revealed (hit) by owl heal the attacker for 2% of their maximum health.

Cool buff with this talent is that owl early game, except scouting, is pretty useless during teamfights + it combos very well later on. The issue with this talent is that it affects basic attacks only. It can get out of hand in AA heavy comps if you buff that 2%. So why not 2% from basic attacks and 1% from spells? Would 2% for both break her? You know, it competes with one of the best lvl 1 talents in the game.

Ranger
Activate to make the next Sentinel pierce through all Heroes hit and increase the duration of reveal by 3 seconds.
Passive: Sentinel’s width is increased by 25% and deals up to 250% more damage based on distance traveled.

Seriously, this talent needs MAJOR buff. With new lvl 1, I think its major.

Since we are at lvl 4 and I mentioned changing D talents into W talents - what about trait talents?!
The only relevant buff to trait is increased armor debuff. Even “reduce cooldown” is not that useful, since with a bit of luck and proper use of D, you are 4v5 already anyway. You need talent that helps you get the first. The only way to avoid overkill, imo, is to place this talent in the same tier as Lunar Blaze.

How about

Basic attacks against enemy heroes increase next Hunters Mark armor reduction by 1%, up to 5%. This bonus is lost on death, when Tyrande attacks non-heroic target or Hunters Mark is used.

Now, while this is a lot, it has to be a lot. Lunar Blaze increases E range, what is already a major buff. It also increases damage by 150. So bonus to D, in order to be competetive, should include that damage, but also the fact that all heroes benefit from it. 1-2% is tops imo. I would push it to 2%, remember - you cant use non-heroic targets to CDR Q because you will lose D stacks.

And so on. Following this logic…

New talent tree:
(would still consider 1 and 7 switch)

Level 1

Everlasting Light
If Light of Elune’s second charge is cast on a different target from the first, it heals for 40% more.
tiny buff wont hurt

Elune’s Chosen
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Activate to make Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal target allied Hero for 200% of the damage dealt. Lasts for 8 seconds.

“Some name”
Tyrande’s Basic Attacks heal her for 2% of her maximum Health. Basic Attacks against targets revealed by Tyrande heal the attacker for 2% of their maximum health.

Level 4

Lunar Blaze
Increase Lunar Flare’s range by 30%.
Quest: Hitting a Hero with Lunar Flare increases its damage by 5%, up to 100%.

“Some name2”
Basic attacks against enemy heroes increase next Hunters Mark armor reduction by 1%, up to 5%. This bonus is lost on death, when Tyrande attacks non-heroic target or Hunters Mark is used.

Trueshot Aura
Activate to reset the cooldown of Sentinel and grant 15% increased Basic Attack damage to other nearby allied Heroes for 5 seconds.
Passive: Basic Attack damage increased by 15%.

Ranger
Activate to make the next Sentinel pierce through all Heroes hit and increase the duration of reveal by 3 seconds.
Passive: Sentinel’s width is increased by 25% and deals up to 250% more damage based on distance traveled.

Level 7

Stays the same.

Level 10

Stays the same.

Level 13

Quickening Blessing
Gain 5% Movement Speed. Light of Elune increases the target’s Movement Speed by 15% for 3 seconds.
increasing Q movement speed bonus a bit and decreasing duration a bit could be a small buff

Harsh Moonlight
Sentinel Slows the first target hit by 40% and reduces their damage dealt by 40% for 4 seconds.

“Some name3”
Basic Attacks against revealed by Tyrande targets increase the reveal duration by 0.5 seconds. Affects reveal duration of all targets hit by Sentinel.
I have a feeling I need someone with better english here

Level 16

Darnassian Archery
Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes grant a stacking 10% increased Attack Damage bonus for 6 seconds. This bonus is lost when Basic Attacking non-Heroes.
Tiny buff?

Empower
Reduce Sentinel’s cooldown by 4 seconds. The first Hero hit by Sentinel takes bonus damage equal to 7% of their maximum Health.

“Some name4”
Increase the cast range and duration of Hunter’s Mark by 25%. Tyrande’s Basic Attacks against revealed targets splash to nearby enemies.

PS - I really want to switch 13 with 16

So, there is a lot of focus on “reveal” mechanic (but only from Tyrande), which would also work with lvl 20 Eyes of the Huntress upgrade btw.

Rcw?

TLDR - I should learn spoilers
TLDR 2 - dont mess up Tyrande plz D:

7 Likes

I made a similar thematic suggestion back in early 2018 – shifting talent effects to work off of ‘reveals’ – though that didn’t get much traction in her hybrid re-work days.

I still stand by the idea , though I think I’m somewhat still fine with trueshot refreshing Mark rather than owl. Imo, part of the issue of later trait talents is that the cdr and duration don’t really matter when an earlier talent outright provides the extra proc. Granted, many players forgo that in favor of the stun range/damage, but I don’t think the opportunity cost a poor one.

3 Likes

I wasnt really interested in Tyrande back then, so had to miss it. Ye, I think “reveal” spices her up a little.

My logic is still the same tho - getting first kill > getting second kill. Lunar Blaze helps with that, D talent do not.

But, I didnt think about this (another) lack of synergy between D talents with CDR and extra charge. I guess that leaving 4 talents at level 4 was a good idea. This is indeed worth consideration.

This is such a detailed post! I went ahead and sent this to Design for them to take a look at your ideas. Thank you! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

The big problem is the entire last rework that gutted everything but her Q; it should be revoked.

Thanks for the detailed suggestions MortalWombat. We have some changes to Tyrande coming in the next balance patch and we will keep these ideas in mind going forward!

Have a great day!

16 Likes

hopefully you make her more fun to play! i mean right now i love tyrande but if she get’s even better then hell yeah!

Tyrande’s abilities favour so much that blow up someone playstyle (even in the past she was used to do that, who remembers the Murande combo?). If you watch high level games, that is mostly why you pick Her. You want to kill someone first and force the fight 5 v 4. The reason we have that standard build is because those talent complement her playstyle or her lack of heals. Let’s take a look:

Level 1 - Elunes Chosen

This talent is picked because one thing that Tyrande lacks so much is sustained healing. This talent helps you sustain through the lane phase without wasting too much mana (she actually uses mana like water) and helps you heal someone in teamfights. Being good on using Elunes Chosen will determine how good your heals will be on the match. This talent is so necessary for her that it could even be baseline.

Level 4 - Lunar Blaze

This talent increases her follow up potential and it also adds burst when your team is going for a quick kill. This talent is essential for her playstyle as well.

Level 7 - Celestial Attunement

This talent is more of a “of course I will take 2 charges of cleanse in a 15 seconds cooldown or less if I hit people”. Sometimes Spell armor can be good, but usually cleanse is just that powerful. This talent is also kinda essential to her, because if she doesn’t have big heals to save someone, having multiple cleanses definitely will. No need to heal someone if you can just save them from the CC chain.

Level 13 - Harsh Moonlight

This talent is amazing and pretty essential for her playstyle as well. Shrink ray on a 15 seconds cooldown is pretty amazing for someone that can’t heal that much. The slows is also nice because it helps CC chain someone and get a kill, helps to chase/gank as well.

Level 16 - Empower

This is also essential. Makes your Shrink ray have less cooldown and also adds a pretty good amount of burst (7%). This also helps her blow up someone playstyle.

Level 20 - Shooting Star

Having 2 potential stuns is pretty good to get a kill and just win the fight at level 20. It also increases her AA range, which makes her safer to AA and get cdr on her Q. This talent is also pretty good for her playstyle.

All that said, I don’t think there’s something wrong with her playstyle and it shouldn’t be changed. Also don’t think those talents need nerfs. I feel like the other talents need to be buffed to be competitive enough against the standard ones. I also think Elunes Chosen should be baseline at this point and just add something else for level 1.

Possible changes:

Level 1

Elunes Chosen should be baseline. Change Mark of Mending to heal not only for basic attacks, but all damage against the target. Add another talent for this tier, possibly a W one.

If you keep Elunes Chosen at this tier, Everlasting Light should be buffed a lot, maybe to “if the second charge is used on a different target, increase its heal amount by 80%” instead of 40%. Mark of mending should be change to heal from all kinds of damage like before, but add something else to it.

Level 4

Leave Lunar Blaze as it is now. Ranger could be reduced to 25 or 20 seconds for a small buff and maybe increase its damage a little bit. Trueshot Aura is probably fine.

Level 7 - Cleanse will always be powerful no matter what. Spell armor could receive a little bit of a buff, like it could last a little bit longer. Moonlit Arrows should be changed to either make basic attacks and abilities decrease additional 0.25 seconds on her Q, or increase the cdr for basic attacks to additional 0.5 seconds.

Level 10

Both ultimates are fine.

Level 13

Leave Harsh Moonlight as it is now. Increase Quickening Blessing to 10% for Tyrande and 20% for targets healing by her Q. Ranger’s Mark could be incorporated to Huntress’ Fury at 16 and just make another talent for this tier. Or Ranger’s Mark could slow the target as well.

Level 16

Empower is fine. Darnassian Archery is fine. Huntress’ Fury should get everything that Ranger’s Mark does on 13 or add something else to it like reset her Q and trait if the target dies with the mark.

Level 20 - This is probably the most balanced tier for her.

Hopefully good talents don’t get nerfed, instead we get buffs on the other ones.

1 Like

I wish someone would record when they take this idea and throw it in the trash like they do with our feedback so much.

The idea may be rejected for a number of reasons, but if it was at least brought to the table and discussed then it’s still a win.

1 Like

Actually unironically suggesting a rework to Tyrande when there are supports who are in even more dire need of a buff/rework AKA Morales, Uther, Lucio, any healer that isn’t Malfurion, Tyrande, Ana, Rehgar.

Get your priorities straight.