How on earth can people enjoy this?

So…i’ve taken a break from ranked heroes since i got placed in platinum and had quite a few horrible experiences.

I come back, first game (obviously an enforced loss, no way you can win the first match.)…full of Toxic Douchebags. This li-ming player constantly berates me, swears at everybody and makes for a general horrible atmosphere…and suddenly i’m the bad guy? people “threatening” to report me?

How can people enjoy heroes of the storm ranked? it feels like the WORST experience you can have in this game…

4 Likes

I only enjoy trying to be a better player and play against good players, sometimes that happens in this game but yeah many times its just toxic chat and rage game throwers and no punishment is being handed out so the game is getting flooded with trolls.

3 Likes

From my experience, Gold/Plat is actually the most toxic place to be in.
So like litteraly what you have to do if you find the social part mattering so much to you, is to climb out of the hellhole.

Although i myself don’t really find the social aspects of the game the best parts of it.

Best thing to do is simply don’t be shy to use the mute button, you will be more focuzed and enjoy your games way more.
Also it’s not like reporting someone for “Being a bad player” or because “They didn’t follow my pings” is ever gonna get you banned in any way.
Might aswell ignore the kids and move on.

1 Like

I turn of in game chat cause there is no reason to have it on. Players are just gonna argue and no reason to read it while playing.

1 Like

HotS is best enjoyed with a reliable team, therefore friends (most of whom through other platforms or in my case qm/unranked).

But Blizzard’s new PTR patch threatens to change that, forcing masters players to smurf, meaning many games will be stomps or throws (on your side or the enemy) and therefore the quality will drop…

1 Like

It can not drop much more.

Still struggling with the same issue…I try to play ranked heroes, worst experience of the game by far EVERY MATCH.

Onesided slogs, toxic allies, horrificly badly matchmade games, demoralizing and insulting visuals/audio cues…

How are people handling this? it seems the devs actively don’t want you to play their game?

2 Likes

I really feel they want this game to die off so they can have the servers for call of duty servers. I only seem to enjoy this game anymore in parties cause if you solo que, you are gonna get the most toxic people that game throw and feed, even in diamond which is just sad.

1 Like

I feel the same, and i wsh that game died, cuz most of the time you just argue with your teamates, about laning phase, camps, talent build, everything to make the game a disaster instead be together en succeed.

This game is all about arguing and raging to me, plan to stop for real.

1 Like

People literally join ranked saying oh im not here to win, i am here to have fun. If that was the case go play unranked or quickmatch? Like the literal point of joining a ranked game is to try to win.

2 Likes

I feel you, but not in 2019, people like to have fun and taking drugs and make other players lost the game, that what they turned them on.

We as teamplayers want to win, them want we lose to make them laughing. “It s just a game.” Common stupid sentence.

1 Like

Yup and these players shall never be punished for this cause blizzard does not believe this to be true, its quite sad.

Since heroes of the storm has been nothing but misery for me in the last few months, i have given up on the game and am uninstalling. Wish you all the best and have fun!

3 Likes