How has Ana's grenade gone unchanged?

I never understood how this ability never got changed when she was ported over to HOTS, where healing and self healing are much more important.

A basic ability that can completely shut down ults and leave some heroes dead in the water is crazy in my eyes

3 Likes

16 seconds cd. It’s not like she can spam it.

But hey, at least this topic isn’t about an assassin.

7 Likes

Somewhere , deckard with his 30 second emerald weeps.
Well at least he got rubies.
I do think 100% healing reduction is too much. Even more for a basic ability.

8 Likes

It’s 75% healing reducing, so it’s fine.

I wouldn’t know anything about Rubies, all I know is I explain in chat what it does, multiple times, I ping whenever I’m going to use it and people STILL dodge the potions.

EDIT: As to Ana, it may be more questionable why there aren’t more antiheals on its level. Why is it the sole 100%?

5 Likes

No other hero has it. Not even on an ultimate or 20 level talent.

Ana has the 100% heal reduce:

• baseline
  • range
  • AoE
  • ONLY 16 sec CD

I have no idea how and why this ability went through testing and after all these years wasn’t nerfedto 75% or hell even to 50%…

5 Likes

To be clear, I am perfectly fine with anti-heals, but a full 100% is just a bit much

5 Likes

Healing reduction caped at 75% like armor would be consistent.
I mean even if you want ana to have better healing reduction than 75% it can be done without it being 100%.

1 Like

I actually really like this idea, and with how uncommon antiheal is-- less than 10 instances?-- it really should be more consistent.

I feel like it’s ok tbh. Radius is pretty small, it’s got an ok travel speed, and I generally find the extra healing more useful then the anti heals.

4 Likes

It is crazy.

This is the problem. The grenade is a dual purpose ability but its anti-heal element is so powerful that there’s no point to using the healing component. Nerfing the anti heal could allow for buffs to even out the ability.

One problem I have too with the antiheal is that it’s both area effect AND full 100%-- this basically wrecks Alex, and same with any other healer that ends up relying on area coverage.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind the 100% anti heal if she had to talent into it. That way they could limit it with the talent details. Right now the ability is just too broadly powerful compared the healing side.

1 Like

I agree. I honestly don’t think ana is ever going to stop being banned / the best healer until the -100% healing gets a nerf. It’s too good. It should be -75%, maybe with a high level talent to bring it to 100% if you really want it.

everyone is too busy playing pew pew assassin to notice a healer having such an OP ability. but I think we’ll see it nerfed soon, as she has become so meta.

Because there’s no real reason to. Ana isn’t some massively broken, overpowered healer who dominates top tier play constantly or something. It makes no sense to nerf or remove things that bother a few people when it isn’t breaking the game or making pro players cry because “HER HEALING REDUCTION IS BASICALLY AN AUTO WIN!” or something like that. The few times when she’s been overtuned, it wasn’t because of her grenade having 100% heal reduction either.

Ironically, your profile picture at this time is Stukov, a healer who can shutdown almost every ability in HOTS within a respectable AoE thanks to his AoE Silence basic ability. Malfurion can stop almost every hero in the game in their tracks thanks to his AoE root. Deckard can slow+root entire teams with just his basic abilities. You get the idea.

The only reason it would make sense to reduce the healing debuff to 75% would be if you gave her big buffs elsewhere to compensate, otherwise you are making her a strictly worse hero for no discernible reason, something you never want to do in a competitive game.

9 Likes

sounds like you’re in denial that she needs a nerf

1 Like

Ana has been through quite a lot of changes over the years that ranged from making her one of the worst healers in the game to one of the best and every place in between. Throughout all of that, her healing debuff itself has been relatively untouched and doesn’t seem to have factored into her being overpowered, underpowered, balanced,etc.

That being said, if you have strong evidence that her healing debuff is suddenly just too strong, I would like to see it.

5 Likes

I mean, there is such a thing as Force of Will? lmao

2 Likes

Unfortunately there is