How Fair was the last match

I gotta love it, every time I’m on a completely clueless breaindead team that loses against a very well coordinated team. The game has the audacity to ask me how “fair” the game was… as if it didn’t know… I was thrown to the wolves.

8 Likes

i really don’t understand what’s the point of that feedback at all. asking you how fair the last game was or how good was your team communication etc… what’s the point of all of that if it doesn’t matter? idk… perhaps it’s just there for decorations

7 Likes

It always asks me to “rate teammate cooperation” after I had two feeders or an afk :joy: Yet never does that after a flawless win.

5 Likes

started to think it’s for trolling the players rather than gathering feedback… lol maybe i’m right as it also happens to me too when i used to play at least but not anymore since i uninstalled haha

3 Likes

Sometimes i just fell like they are just pointless surveys that brings nothing to this game. How should i know how good the reporting system is when we dont get any reports on how many have been banned/suspended each week.

3 Likes

It is to improve the MM. If the match wasn’t fair and you point that out in the feedback, blizzard can use that information and look for MM problems, like maybe the other team had way more mmr than yours. They could use that to better improve the MM.

This could help identify false abusive chat reports. If your team’s communication was good and you reported someone, it can be way more clear that the person reported was actually being toxic/abusive. If the communication was bad, that report may not be that strong because maybe you guys didn’t even speak the same language.

1 Like

that’s complete bullcrap. the fact that i only get it when i have some clowns in my team and lose cause of it “how fair was the last match?” are you kidding me? they will definitely Not improve any crap in this game. if you still got your hopes up you’ll be disappointed

2 Likes

I think the game has like some sort of “unknown” or “not certain” data in Matchmaking. So it tries to “test” certain matchups to improve it’s confidence or some sht… Maybe it uses the surveys to improve the certainty.

Like : Hey thank you for being in this test game, we are pretty sure you will get stomped, but we just wanna make sure that you lose and that the game was unfair.

1 Like

hahaha that made me laugh honestly :joy:

1 Like

I think for most people it’s:

Won the game. Game was fair.

Lost the game. Game was unfair.

5 Likes

No, I’ve also often been on the other end where we win in under 10 minutes 30 kills to 2 and I get asked if the game was fair and I say no…

I get both sides

3 Likes

You are way more likely to noticed those questions when you lost the match.

I, for example, get this fair question when I win hard and on really equal games as well. It is just random.

1 Like

The game can’t know how good or bad your team mates were though.

2 Likes

I think these questions are there as a palcebo. How long have they been there for now, 3 years? I haven’t seen anything come of them that I can detect.

I hope they at least put a question up about the XP Anomaly, as I would like to retain it, if the majority of the community wants it of course. I would prefer them not use feedback about it here or on Reddit to decide if they should keep it. I doubt that the majority of HOTS players use these platforms.

3 Likes

A known face in the forums who actually believes that they will not fix MM. Apparently I’m not alone in this. Invariably, the survey only pops out for me after a stomp.

“Hey, we know we gave up a crappy comp, threw some feeders/AFKs and a person way below your rank. Did you enjoy the loss? We sincerely want to know.” I think it’s Blizzard’s way to spit on our faces and laugh at us.

2 Likes

trust me most of the player’s know the truth that this game is done for. but they just keep denying it and trying to say it’s not true while deep inside they know they’re wrong and the game is done for. there’s nothing they can do to save this game it’s pretty late for that it’s a sinking ship and whoever say otherwise is delusional

1 Like

I’ve gotten “how fair was the last match?” when we stomped the enemy hard. Also, I’ve had positive responses quite a few times to questions like “how well did your team communicate?” I do remember the ironic ones following terrible games more vividly though.

One question that will never get a positive response is the one about the report system. It’s either neutral because there is no information coming back to you at all, or negative because it’s ineffective at improving the game.

2 Likes

Just make sure you don’t hit the bad option when you reported someone in your match.

1 Like

I think the questions are there simply to give players the illusion that they’re giving feedback, and that this feedback matters.

2 Likes

Good advice, but I’m not too worried. I’ve submitted maybe 20-30 reports in a little over 3 years. Usually I get that question when somebody else was being really salty in chat about a teammates performance.

1 Like