Hots is a broken game - part 2

there is one more thing i don’t understand about hots’ match making.

i admit im not that good of a moba players myself, but in dota2, im able to play around 4.5k last time when i was still playing.
in overwatch im able to rank around master at around 3.7k, and im not even good at FPS.

but in hots, especially quick match, i noticed i have negative winrate at 49.5%. i didn’t understand why, so i start starts to keep track of my teammate and opponent’s winrate(excluding all AI bot or ARAM games).

and i noticed that many of the times, my losing games ended up with enemy have surprisingly higher winrate than me and my teammate. (excluding all AI bot or ARAM games).

i will take one of the quick match as example:

me (lvl742) - 49.5%
teammate 1 (lvl622) - 47.1%
teammate 2 (lvl 346) - 42.3%
teammate 3 (lvl 65) - 44.8%
teammate 4 (lvl 803) - 50.3%

enemy 1 (lvl1021) - 62.1%
enemy 2 (lvl421) - 54.4%
enemy 3 (lvl1901) - 51.8%
enemy 4 (lvl1713) - 55.9%
enemy 5 (lvl1403) - 52.7%

im playing from SEA, and i understand this server population count is not that high, but getting into unfair matches like these where most of the time we will still probably lose even if we try, what’s the point of even playing games like these?

edit: surprisingly, many of you are ok with bad matches like these. which should never ever happened. imagine playing chess, not only enemy has extra pieces, but you have less pieces.

2 Likes

Winrates means nothing since it can be farmed in AI mode. Or farmed up high in good 5 stack teams. Also you say you play on the SEA server. Thats were your problem starts. Server is close to being empty and MM cant make proper teams so you get what you get.

4 Likes

How did you track the winrate from your enemys? Heroesprofile?

If that’s the case HP isn’t really a reliable source for this, because not everyone update his matches everytime and this stats are useless with low numbers.

1 Like

He simply checked their profiles after a game in stats screen?

2 Likes

i excluded AI match and ARAM, i never doubt those people were not 5 stacks. but having 5 stacks, and that high of a winrate against a bunch of solo queue with negative winrate, things like this should never even happen in the first place.

from game design perspective, it is similar to that of enemies having hacks, or a bunch of professionals basketball player playing against kindergarten kids. which should never ever happen in the first place anyway.

i would rather not play the game and just go do something more meaningful rather than sitting through a 20 minutes sure lose game.

i just used the data from my most recent quick match, i just view their profile in Hots, and type in the data here one by one.

1 Like

Read Frogsaron’s post, you are playing on a nearly deserted/empty server (Southeast Asia).

You will probably never get a quality QM unless you hop to another region despite the ping.

Same thing with Australian players currently and South America.

1 Like

this is the issue, it is a broken game design, i would rather not play at all or wait for a much longer queue lol

btw, that game was match made in around 3 minutes if i recall correctly.

the match making threw us into the same match probably there are no match up for the enemy team.

in short, we are sacrificial pub stomp pieces for their enjoyment which build on top of our suffering

1 Like

The game is just fine. It’s the lack of players that is the problem.
It’ll give you any 9 players that were online, which is the only way to get a match going in a reasonable time, on a small server.

2 Likes

yea the game is fine, but the broken game match making is also killing the game at the same time. things like these should never ever happen from game design perspective.

it is similar to giving your opponent a hack, then put you and them in a same match.

How do you propose the developers, designers, will spawn a million new players out of thin air?

The game needs a big marketing push to get more players, which would lead to tighter matchmaking (more players in every skill range as months pass) which isn’t dependent on the game designers.

The executives, the bosses of those developers, decide whether the game is profitable to market or not.

Such a marketing push is extremely unlikely considering the game is considered a Classic along with games like WC3 and StarCraft 2.

Unless a miracle happens, tiny servers like SEA or ANZ will never be healthy again, which is why region switching is a realistic solution. They should also allow full account migration for SEA/ANZ players so they don’t have to create a new account.

4 Likes

agree to what you said mostly, but again, game design like this should never ever happen.

it is basically killing your chicken to get the egg.

yes, you get the egg. but the chicken died in the process.

and the server population is not as unhealthy until that point tbh. and as i said, this match was made probably due to enemy 5 stacks and having extremely high winrate.

which they created the issue themselves by 5 stacks, and making their own match even harder to find.

the same system that can ensure fair matches can be used to drive player engagement by making sure that a player always needs to play just one more game to move that progress bar back in the positive direction.

Not saying there’s a conspiracy by the man to keep you down but… just saying. :man_shrugging:

Enjoy.

It’s useless to argue with the forum. I’ll agree your match was unfair though

2 Likes

Nobody here was saying his match was a fair, they just pointed out he is on an almost dead server. Match Making will be terrible on the SEA and ANZ servers unless more players join from somewhere…

The OP even said he waited 3 minutes to get the QM, so that tells you how few people are playing on that server, the game just threw the first 10 people it could find and even then it took 3 minutes! I feel bad for the people on those servers, I know from friends they have already somewhat combined Singapore/NZ/AU already.

2 Likes

same server. Dont expect fair matches, our population is too low. Joined korean server and 8/10 games 1 side will just give up.

They have a term “macro” which refers to fake players that just feed the other team (you will find this very very frequently in ARAM. I think they are bots just making gold by losing as fast as possible)
IF they say “open” it means the entire team has given up.

Since AFK will be on your team or the other team atleast 60-70% of the games, you can expect 1 side to give up majority of the time mid way.

I’m taking another break from the game as the last 3-4 weeks have been nothing but AFK on my side or the enemy side.

2 Likes

I guess he can simply check that after match, find them from the chat, nothing mystical, everybody can do that

Huumm… Part 2, do I have to read Part 1 to follow part 2? Also OP, are you planning a “Hots is a Broken game” cinematic universe?

1 Like

YES YES. We need to know how it all ends :smiley: Who gets defeated and who gets to be the new ruler of the Nexus.

1 Like

here comes part 3:

me (lvl754) - 49.4%
teammate 1 (lvl1274) - 49.8%
teammate 2 (lvl 145) - 54.2%
teammate 3 (lvl 32) - 50%
teammate 4 (lvl 579) - 50.3%

enemy 1 (lvl1575) - 62.4%
enemy 2 (lvl743) - 79.9% (im not kidding)
enemy 3 (lvl1501) - 54.5%
enemy 4 (lvl1076) - 54%
enemy 5 (lvl2049) - 64%

pretty sure this is the reason why this game will shrink even more in the future.

_

part 4:

me (lvl757) - 49.3%(yes, dropping steadily)
teammate 1 (lvl 403) - 52.2%
teammate 2 (lvl 788) - 50%
teammate 3 (lvl 734) - 50.1%
teammate 4 (lvl 1278) - 49.8%

enemy 1 (lvl280) - 49.7%
enemy 2 (lvl779) - 62.2%
enemy 3 (lvl897) - 78.1% (another person that is close to 80%)
enemy 4 (lvl1335) - 58.2%
enemy 5 (lvl1605) - 63.8%