HOTS Hall of Shame!

This is a mirror to the Salt Mines where instead let’s share and confess our most embarrassing HOTS moments and worst mistakes.

So story time! This happened not long after the game launched and I’d only been playing for a couple of weeks, but I still remember it. Both teams were at 20, it was make or break time. Our E.T.C. landed a 5 man Mosh Pit, our Jaina launched a Ring of Frost and I…I used my Gust on Falstad to save the enemy team. :cry:

Our team got wiped and they enemy won, just to make my mistake and humiliation complete. I remember my team being understanding about it, oh the sweet days when we were all new!

So fess up, what are your worst personal HOTS mistakes and horror stories? :skull_and_crossbones:

15 Likes

Picking Johanna and dying multiple times, it’s always triggers me.

6 Likes

Divine Shielding Nova’s decoy wasn’t a good idea.

31 Likes

That made me laugh so hard. I’m out of likes so. :heartpulse:

7 Likes

Multiple Johanna plays end up like this for me:
1.) See two enemy heroes running away
2.) Have ult ready to secure those kills
3.) Look at both of them to see which hero I want to land the stun on
4.) Brain has trouble deciding because they’re both equal value targets, panic increases as time elapses
5.) Throw shield directly between them and hit nothing
6.) Mute team before anyone calls me out so it’s like nothing happened
:sweat_smile:

If you ain’t dyin’, you ain’t tryin’ :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Sounds like a nice excuse for feeding. :joy:

On topic:
My last Genji play were really shameful… I was greedy and saw this low hp Garrosh, so I wanted to use E to reach him, but unfortunately I dived into Ming’s orb and died. :smiley:

1 Like

First ever play and most horrible one:
Walking into enemy team’s towers as Jaina and promptly dying. Enemy team weren’t even on the lanes yet :joy:

3 Likes

I’m the Morales that saves the enemy team from perfect combo wombos just like in that carbot’s video.

9 Likes

I may or may not have godswapped a Tychus …

… just as he Dashed behind his gate.

8 Likes

Spreading the living bomb to a Li Ming that had barely escaped a first attempt in scorching her.
happened yesterday playing a full healthy D.VA in her mech

2 Likes

I keep walking into Cold Snaps (that is Jaina’s lv20 upgrade to Ring of Frost which makes the center explode a long time after RoF expires).

IMO it is such a horrible upgrade I just automatically assume nobody picks it. I feel like an idiot when I get rooted by it multiple seconds afterwards just by being in the close vicinity of the center.

Teaches you to always check the talent tab and not assume things even if you’re “sure” they didn’t pick talent X.

8 Likes

Hearthing back to base and got hit by BW flare and died.

Died in a minion wave while trying to clear it with a low siege dmg hero.

Used Reghars healing ult on a hero with full hp casue he ofc had to block the hero with no np left.

3 Likes

Oh, been there too!

I did the same my first game because the friends that invited me told me the towers were safe! lol! Those scamps.

I say she was probably full orb glass cannon Ming, so that was deserved!

1 Like

When we were killing core, I started BM’ing and dancing in front of enemy altar (as Nova). They respawned and we wiped with their core at 5%. We lost.

5 Likes

Likewise, I always look now to see if Jaina has taken the talent. I guess it at least gives CDR, but yeah, I’ve been silly enough to be taken out by that.

Oh no, “Killed by Nexus forces” the most shame I ever feel if it’s me in that position.

1 Like

My aim with skill-shots would make a Stormtrooper feel good about himself… so literally any time i play anything with a skillshot

Can’t even hit with Li Mings orbs most of the time :woozy_face: Magic Missiles? if i went missile build id end up with less damage than a healer

Somehow i find myself always walking exactly the path a chromie’s sand drop takes, taking the full damage, when i try to move in an “unpredictable pattern” it seems to happen more often

A recent derp i did that sticks out in my mind was when i was on auriel in ARAM, our nazeebo gets a perfect zombie wall on the enemy butcher and i detaining strike him out of it, saving him and his meat.

Worst part is i saw the missplay happening and could do nothing to stop it, my brain had already sent the electrical impulse to hit the detaining strike key just as i saw the shadow of nazeebo’s zombies about to erupt and i was forced to watch every milisecond unfold, i was swiftly called out for throwing the game with that 1 action

4 Likes

I’ve picked rain of destruction, on purpose.

Does that count?

IDK. I tend not to think of shame when I play. Just “i messed up, let me not do it again”.

Probably doesn’t help most of the really really bad stuff I did was probably in 2015/2016. and I’ve had scant chances to play in the last 40-50 days.

Most of the “shameful stuff” is probably me just somehow missing all my skillshots in a game. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Kinda, before or after they changed it? :wink:

Yeah, this is really just a “share your war stories” thread, but shame for the clickbait title.

Ming’s Magic Missile AA build is very hard to pull off, you need the force behind you.

yes.

2 Likes

I’ve pyroblasted a Nova clone.

Twice. The second time I watched it happen in slow motion… but, it was AI.

The first time was… not… AI…

3 Likes