Hots gfx error - please advise

ADF3E437-0C73-4F90-85EA-F52C7AEC86FE

This is the gfx error I received. Please advise on how to fix this.

Hey, changes!

Please completely uninstall your current Intel graphics drivers and install this specific driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28514/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

You will need to remove the older driver first before installing this one, or you may get a compatibility error. If you still get crashes after updating to this newer driver, please let me know! :slight_smile:

So I went to the uninstall programs area on windows and uninstalled intel graphics. No issues there. I then downloaded the new driver but it says:
The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer.

Please advise next steps

Edit:
Actually, it seems once i’ve removed the intel graphics driver via the add/remove programs area in the control panel, it asks me to remove it.
When I return back to the add/remove programs, it seems the driver has reinstalled itself. So it’s auto reinstalled itself

Im also getting a crash with a graphics error with this as the code. 830AB5CE-80B2-43E8-92E6-86E05FB97141

Changes,

Is this a laptop, by chance? If so, what brand? Many laptop manufacturers run proprietary drivers, and unfortunately if this is the case you’ll have to look up the drivers on their website. If the manufacturer does not release more recent drivers for you, you’ll need to talk with them about how to force the laptop to use the official intel drivers.

Unfortunately there won’t be a way to run the game on the old drivers you’re using because the game requires some coding from the more recent drivers to run properly.

Yes I just bought it its a Lenovo

changes

One way to prevent Windows updates from automatically installing the Intel driver is to unplug your internet connection while uninstalling. This should allow you to install the driver from the website.

It is a laptop yes. It’s a Dell which I’ve just purchased.
I did disconnect the internet, uninstalled the intel driver and then tried installing the one recommended. It said there was an operating system error.
I went to Dell, checked for any updated drivers and there were none to download. I did then manually download the latest driver available but still to no avail.

If I can’t get this working soon I’ll have no choice to move away from bliz. Unbelievable

this is how you would actually do a clean driver install. im basing this off the information above that you have intel graphics since no DXDiag is provided. if i knew the specific graphics chipset you had i could point you to a specific intel driver :wink:

Windows Update
  1. Go to Windows Update

2. Change Settings

3. Check that “Important Updates” is set to “Install updates automatically”. this is usually the default or recommended setting.

4. Uncheck…

• Recommeneded Updates “Give me recommended updates the same way I receive important updates”
    • usually drivers are ‘recommended’ and if this is checked it will auto install them. recommended updates are not mandatory security updates though and you should ALWAYS read these before installing as they can actually break things if you install the wrong thing. i have seen this happen! some of them arent even necessary. Microsoft just pushes them out as general updates for everyone. hence… ‘recommended’.
Drivers

According to the post above you have intel drivers. So the first thing before uninstalling anthing is Download the driver you need to install and any other utilites you need.

1. Go here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/80939/Graphics-Drivers for the official Intel drivers which are usually more up to date than manufacturer sites. you can download their automatic tool that scans your computer for intel devices if you dont know exactly what you have.

You can also just download whatever driver your manufacturer provides if that makes things easier.

2. Go here:
    dowload Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) – Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) download version 18.0.7.4

With those downloaded what you want to do is close everything. Then uninstall your graphics drivers.

1. Restart into safe mode
  2. Run DDU
  3. Select GPU device
  4. Select Intel
  5. Select “Clean and Restart”

When you restart run the Intel driver utility or the manufacturer drivers. Whichever one you downloaded.

Unfortunately anything more than this is going to be beyond our scope because you’re effectively disabling your laptop’s intended functions. In this case, your laptop manufacturer has not released a set of drivers in a while now, so your options are either:

1. Work with the manufacturer support to get a work around which allows you to use the latest intel drivers
  2. Ask the laptop manufacturer to release new drivers for your PC
  3. Use a different computer to play the game which can receive updated drivers

Because of how old your current drivers are, they’re simply missing coding we need for the game to play properly. The only fix for your issue is getting your drivers updated somehow.

Now lowering the graphics settings seems to allow the game to play fine.
So perhaps the drivers are fine and the drivers seem to be from 2019 anyway. So it’s a little concerning that a 2019 driver would be considered old.

But anyway I guess I’ll leave it as is