Hots Game Freezes

So i recentley Returned to Hots after a long time away. i never had any issues running the game back then, however now i frequently run into what seems to be a prolonged game freeze. it lasts for around 5ish seconds ending with the screen turning black for a brief second. it then pops back displaying the reconnecting screen as though i have disconnected it then reconnects me to the game. my issue is this is happening at least once almost every other game… i am at a loss as to why as i dont experience this issuein any other game i play currently… hopefully you guys can help me out. Ive included all the DxDiag and my most recent gamelog below.

DxDiag - pastebin.c om/rSkcc1kd
Most Recent GameLog - pastebin.c om/vrmVcKA6

let me know if you may need anything else.

thanks in advance!

Howdy TangerineSol,

After looking over the system files it looks like there are TDR errors. This typically indicates driver problems, conflicts with other programs, overheating or a deeper hardware issue.

I’d suggest starting with a clean driver reinstall. First, remove any leftover driver files by using the third party driver remover DDU. You can find a guide on using this program here. After this, pick up the latest driver from here.

Run the installer and select the Nvidia Driver option only. Then I would recommend doing a Custom install and selecting the ‘Perform a clean installation’ option.

Once the driver install has finished, change the Nvidia settings so that the game is using the Nvidia card:
• Right click on the desktop and launch NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D settings.
• Go to Program Settings tab.
• Select the game to change the graphics processor under “Select a program to customize”. If it’s not is not available, select the specific game from the drop down list.
• Select your “Prefer maximum performance” graphics card under “Power management”.

Then reset the game settings to set everything back to default.

1 Like

awesome i have followed your steps as best as i can and will test to see if i have any improvements! i will report back with what i find.

thanks a bunch for your help i hope that it solves my issues. i really just want to play hots without crashing! haha.

UPDATE 03/08/2020
So After following your above reccomendations im still seeing these crashes. it seems to be less frequent but the results are the same. are there any other things i can do to try and stop this? or do you think it is most likley hardware related ? is this mostly common with a GPU related issue? i just dont understand why this seems to only happen in Hots. i have never experienced a crash like this in any other game ?

Did you try disabling other programs by doing a selective startup? This can help narrow down the problem. I’d also suggest checking for overheating.

1 Like