HotS frequently crashing

The game keeps crashing in the middle of the game for no reason, usually in the middle of the match. It crashes outside of the game when I try to open a Loot Box.

All my graphics settings to the lowest possible, even sound to consume less memory.

I play other heavier games in my laptop without any problem like Overwatch and League of Legends, so I don’t understand why Heroes keep crashing.

Hey there,

Are you using Intel graphics by chance? If so, there’s a bug with a specific Intel driver that can cause crashes in-game and at the loot box screen.

Try updating to the latest Intel driver from their download site:

If you’re still having issues go ahead and post your DXDIAG.

DXDIAG:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section here hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

https://pastebin.com/PnQTPcNY

I do have Intel i7 7th gen. And I updated the driver. However I noticed it crashes more frequently now. If I resize the window, or use Windowed mode. I also noticed that certain abilities cause a crash too, like pressing D for Johanna’s ability or most of the 3 vikings abilities.

Thanks Enquanto,

Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
Driver File Version: 23.20.0016.4973
Driver Date/Size: 2/27/2018 8:00:00 PM, 1930440 bytes

This is the Intel driver that’s known to experience crashes in Heroes of the Storm, so I’d recommend updating to the latest Intel graphics drivers from their site. That would be version: 27.20.100.8280

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29616/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

The DXDIAG also indicates there is a problem with the Nvidia GPU in your Dell XPS 15 9560 laptop

Display Tab 2: There is a problem with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 device. For more information, search for ‘graphics device driver error code 39’

I’d recommend contacting Dell Support about this one so they can assist with getting the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 checked out. After that make sure to double check that Heroes of the Storm is using the Nvidia GPU after launching the game.

Thank you, it fixed the issue!

Note: The highest version the driver was able to update was 26.20.100.7263, but the game runs without crashing.