HotS Dungeons idea

I know this is a moba and I know it’s in maintenance mode but I just wanted to put in a suggestion I’ve thought of for a long time. I thought it would be really fun using HotS mechanics doing dungeons like in WoW or Diablo. It has the five man team and the very limited number of abilities. It would be reminiscent of the first Guild Wars when you had to pick only six at most abilities from your pool to use.

Granted a sort of trinity would probably be needed (tank, dps, support/heals) but could have an incentive of some sort for players to choose a role that is needed. The dungeons themselves could be pulled from Diablo and WoW.

I realize some would just say to play WoW or Diablo but both of those games have a lot of abilities you have to sift through and use where HotS only has four most of the time. Also, I’m talking about a game that is running dungeons and not an open world. There could be a staging area for before and after dungeons for changing out abilities or possibly buying new equipment or turning in tokens or whatever (as incentive if it’s needed, my incentive would just be having fun).

And I’m not saying change from a Moba to running dungeons, I’m just saying add it. It might not get the pvp crowd but I think it would get some of the pvai crowd. It would take a bit of work to get started but after that, with a lot of dungeons from games already established, I think it would do fine in maintenance mode… after debugged of course.

Thanks for reading.

6 Likes

We used to have a brawl that was like that. Took place on the braxis maps tile set and you faught through a bunch of zerg units and all the zerg heroes and skins. It was awesome.

I really miss that mode

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s a very reasonable idea which many of wanted years ago, the dev team just got stuck in 1 dimension. Hakunamata map being so poorly implemented that it needed to be withdrawn and then re-released is a good illustration of how the map releases faltered over time. Guild Wars was a far superior game to Daibo 3, even accounting for the different style of game. So yes, it would be wise to draw from that game. One didn’t need to play proper roles in Guild Wars, you could be very creative in builds.

Escape from Braxis, the best!

I really enjoyed the PVE stuff and wished they would have went into more of that and explored the story line.

Maybe even made the pve part purchaseable.

Honestly, I think HotS is a great opportunity to hit the mobile market with PVE maps. I would spend hours playing my dudes in pve maps be it single player or multiplayer on mobile (as long as it wasnt a big p2w cash grab like DI).

2 Likes

I’ve never played Brawl so I can’t comment on that. But I agree with everything else. I mostly played against the AI because I have fun with the game but I don’t like winning or losing to real players. I feel bad when I lose of course. But I also feel bad when I win because I know I just made someone else feel bad because they lost.

On the other hand I love winning as a group. I have the most fun when different roles come together to use all their abilities in synergy to win. And I can see how doing that in a MOBA similar style would be a lot of fun with the ability to easily join groups and run a dungeon.

For example, doing the Garosh boss fight from SoO but using the MOBA style of interface would be crazy but fun I think. Of course, the encounter would need to be tweaked for the minimal number of abilities usable by MOBA characters. And that’s a raid boss and not a dungeon boss but the idea is the same, more or less.

Thanks for reading.