HOTS client crashing randomly

Summary : My HOTS client is crashing randomly
Bug type : Crash
Since the end of the past week, whenever I try to play HOTS, it either immediatelly crashes upon opening or randomly mid game.
I have tried everything you can think of:

• Empty battle.net cache
  • Deactivate my antivirus
  • Check if the game has all the permissions it needs (it does)
  • Turned off my VPN
  • Restarted the computer
  • Ran the “Scan and repair” option in battle.net
  • Updated my graphic drivers
  • Closed NVIDIA Experience, which optimizes the game, because I thought it may have been impacting the game
  • Followed some blizzard guides for this kind of problem. Didn’t work.
  • Even reinstalled the game
    Nothing, absolutely nothing worked. On some days, I manage to play a single match, and then the game crashes in the middle of the next one. Sometimes, the game won’t even open, after several attempts clicking the “Play” button. Sometimes it shows a “Preparing game data” dialog, which then seems to start the game, but it closes soon after. My computer did a Windows update last week, and maybe that’s the reason, but it’s very odd that no error message is displayed at all and that it’s crashing so randomly.
    The only error I get very rarely, when the game crashes, is: “Error trying to open Heroes of the Storm. Error 2:0” when trying to open it.
    I also noticed that just before the game crashed, by stabilizer started to do some clicking noises, I think it means that the graphic card was trying to regulate current or voltage maybe?
    Since in some matches I dropped, I eventually got the “leaver” status, which is quite bad because I really didn’t do anything to drop and I even tried to rejoin, which obviously didn’t work.
    I really don’t know what else to do, it’s very frustrating. I’ve been slowly going to other games, because it’s starting to seem impossible to play it and I really have no idea of what to do.
    I’m trying to use Pastebin here to post my DxDiag, but it says “Sorry, can’t include your link”.
    Thank you.

Hey Lernem,

For the pastebin link try pasting the link, highlight it, then hit the </> button in the posting section. That should allow it to post.

Also when the game crashes, do you get any error box pop up or does it just kick you back to the Windows desktop? Do you get a black screen or does the PC reboot/shut down?

Happens to me too…

Also when the game crashes, do you get any error box pop up or does it just kick you back to the Windows desktop? Do you get a black screen or does the PC reboot/shut down?

It crashes to desktop, no popup is shown except for the rare occasion when a popup with “An error occurred starting Heroes of the Storm. Please try again (Error 2:0)” shows up, but that’s when I try to start the game. It usually crashes as soon as I open it (it shows a popup with “Preparing game data” and a loading bar), or in the middle of a match when I managed to play, crashes straight to desktop.

Here’s the link with my DxDiag: https://pastebin.pl/view/490dc09a

Hey again,

It looks like your Windows 10 is several major versions out of date. Right now you’re using version 1803 (build 17134) and the latest is version 2004 (build 19041). To update that go to Start → Settings → Updates & Security and then there should be a link below the Check for Updates button that prompts you to update to the latest version.

If the problem is still happening after updating Windows 10, try rebooting using Selective Startup which will help identify if it’s crashing due to something else that’s running in the background.

Press Windows Key+R.
Type msconfig and press Enter.
Select Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items.
Select the Services tab.
Check Hide all Microsoft services.
Note: Skipping this step may prevent your computer from rebooting correctly.
Click Disable all.
Click Apply then click OK.
Click Restart.

Test the game again and let us know how it goes!

I updated my Windows and it worked, thank you.