Horrible experience with ranked this season

Ranked is a failure for this season. Hope the changes in MM and MMR that they said at blizzcon will be better then their XP change on PTR that ends up being complete trash.

1 Like

I don’t think there are any changes for matchmaker outside QM, unless I totally forgot or didn’t see. And the only change about MMR is making it transparent to replace the novelty of rank divisions.

1 Like

I would suggest they make one change, They need to correct the title of this forum, and change it from Competitive to Casual.

Oh really? What about those who make mistakes after mistakes and it will certainly cost the game if they don’t stop doing them, you tell them in a normal manner and their reaction is go ¤ß×÷ yourself, muted reported! They ruin your game because of their boosted MMR, the trash attitude, inability to learn, report abuse, toxicity and YOU have to keep yourself in check?! These hissy fit lords should be banned from ranked so those who want to win, can adapt and play as a team can finally play without these trashes. Yes, they are trashes because they only snivel and stop playing when something doesn’t go well, and things don’t go well because of them.

2 Likes

If i ask them normally or point out something and that is their response they get reported.

If i start by flaming them i get reported.

The only difference is that the guy who responds with hostility usually gets reported by the bystander teammates and the one asking like a human being doesnt.

I have reported people who dont directly attack me but a teammate who actually didnt do anything wrong, i have literally never seen a player that flames teammates be the best player of the team or even close, its always the mediocre or the bad player doing that.

Dunno… I disabled the team chat because of report abuse and the $ߣ×show around me. It’s better for everyone if I can’t talk to them and can’t even see their tactics that they learned on gold5 4 seasons ago before they climbed to diamond with placement games.

I do all kinds of shotcalling and talk every game and call out mistakes as i do my own mistakes, people tend to tilt less when you own up to your mistakes.

I just wish that people that got their ranks with lucky placements would have to start the climb from like gold 5 again or smth, if you dont play more than 20 ranked games in a season you shouldnt be even able to play in Diamond+ games or atleast Masters+

I have personally been Gold all my HotS time i have been on ranked and once when the reset season hit got sent to Silver 2??? And have climbed from there to Dia 5 without any placement jumps, all placements have either set me to the rank i ended last season on or lower.

I agree. :confused: It’s very frustrating that we have to carry people in lower ranks and if we cant, then we lose points. Like how is that even our fault if theyre the ones feeding and playing like bad? the matchmaking system is really bad and they put random ranks together which is really stupid. Why put Bronze 5s with two Bronze 2s? Its not the same thing. there is a big difference in their play. Its not fkn fair. They should put all the bronze 5s together and the bronze 2s together and thats it. whats so hard about that? It drags the higher level players down to play with lower level people every time. Its not rewarding if those people get the points cuz you carried them when theyre bad and dont realize their mistakes.

2 Likes

Storm League is completely trash.

This developers have ruined this game’s competitive in every possible way.

3 Likes

Considering it is blizzards job to properly rank players and punish players who troll in ranked which they are doing a terrible job on…Yeah.

1 Like

I have been playing since release and this season is by far the worst experience ive had in game.

3 Likes

This season and every season brother! Look at the dev team in charge of the MMR… just by looking at them you know they don’t understand what a team, or a sports season is; Never threw or kicked a ball in their life!

1 Like

It’s clear that these developers don’t understand competitive games at all.

The game was fine before. Put it back to where solo and team que are seperate and do not let players in parties que for storm league, That solves some of the problem.

Also go back to the system where you have to have like 15 or so avaliable heroes lvl 5 to be able to play ranked and that you can only play character you have lvl 5 or higher in ranked so people cant smurf as easily and cant troll pick stuff like lost vikings when they do not get their way.

2 Likes

It wasn’t fine before, that’s how we got to this point.

The game itself is a great game BUT - when every single critical review complains about the matchmaking, and every single person; even when they think they are supporting the matchmaking, unknowingly supports how broken it is - this should be an obvious red flag that’s something is wrong.

Everyone, even with the most positively outspoken on the matchmaking still admits that, yes some games feel terrible : “but you cant avoid that” Yes you(they) can! you can avoid it vastly BECAUSE there are clearly identifiable things that create these bad experiences.

I’m not even talking about balance of the heroes, because god knows that’s a whole-nother issue.

If you have had many good experiences before, you’re lucky, Hell, I have damn near won 50 games in a row before. But I’ve played this game way too much to last within any luck streak. And it has been broken since 2015; because you cant treat the mmr of a 5v5 team game, like 1v1 chess.

1 Like

I also find it sooo frustrating when I used to be in silver 3 and now I am dropping to bronze 2. In almost every game someone says “I’m not going to play heal/tank/etc.” and start fighting in the draft. Calling names continues, someone quits. Someone soloes etc. I can’t take this!!! I try to stay positive, try to encourage to team work. Nothing works. And people dont even know the heroes they’re playing. It’s ridiculous. I agree that silver’s shouldnt have to play with bronze etc. because they will take you down with you. I have worked sooo hard to get up but instead I’m going down. Even when I’m a better player know and have “studied” how to be a better player.

1 Like

Yeah it was fine before. It horribly favors players who make premades vs just players who want to que for ranked. It was fine with storm league and team league was seperate ques. Made for a more balanced system. Now I keep getting matched against players who are bronze with plat players which is bullsssshhhhiiittt

1 Like

I can understand why all the posts on SL are negative. If its worse than HL, which was more than I could stand, WOW! What a bad system. I cant believe someone gets paid to assess the MMR system… it must just be someone’s side project, you know because Activision and Money.

Having a relevant and functioning matchmaking system doesn’t give Activision short term profits like loot boxes and lazy skins… So give it to Gary in accounting when he’s having a good day with his type 2 diabetes

The new “Blizzard” does not care about its current fan base and games, it clearly shows in all the “improvements” they have made to any of there games over the last few years. Classic wow was the only thing they got right and I am sure they will find away to screw that up in due time.

I started playing HoTS after playing LoL for 6 years. My experience so far has been awful. Even though I am continuously outperforming my team, it feels like I am with the lowest of the low (bronze 5 now).